Notices

2019 MDX 2nd row console suggestions

Old 12-10-2018, 10:04 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 MDX 2nd row console suggestions

I have a 19 MDX with tech and entertainment. I have the second row console but unfortunately itís not like the one that comes with the advanced package. Looking for storage solutions that others might have used at the top seems a little useless
Old 12-11-2018, 09:59 PM
Registered Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Do you have pictures of what the rear center console looks like on the 19 tech with Entertainment?
Old 12-12-2018, 08:05 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by bobby2478 View Post
Do you have pictures of what the rear center console looks like on the 19 tech with Entertainment?

Old 12-12-2018, 10:16 AM
Registered Member

Gotcha, thanks. So it appears to be an open console as opposed to the taller enclosed one in the advanced. This must be the change they referred to in the press release for the 19 which improves access to the 3rd row
Old 12-12-2018, 10:34 AM
Registered Member

Gotcha, thanks. So it appears to be an open console as opposed to the taller enclosed one in the advanced. This must be the change they referred to in the press release for the 19 which improves access to the 3rd row

the advanced package has the same console in the second row that is in the front row. However, all the other packages have the one like I have. Itís a real bummer because itís just open and doesnít provide much storage. Doesnít make much sense either since the seats have the forward slide for easy access.
I contacted the dealer about replacing the console with the one thatís in the advanced package and it would be around $500 which doesnít make much sense considering itís a lease.
Trying to figure out some alternative storage ideas since I have kids.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:00 PM
Registered Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
I don't understand...didn't you look at the second row console before you lease the car? Or you lease sight unseen?
Retrofitting anything after taking delivery is going to be very expensive!
We purchased our '17 Sport Hybrid Tech specifically because we wanted the 7 seats. That huge second row console is a waste of space IMO.
The Tech pkg didn't come with parking sensors, but I negotiated that into the purchase price before I signed.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:49 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jdpdata View Post
I don't understand...didn't you look at the second row console before you lease the car? Or you lease sight unseen?
Retrofitting anything after taking delivery is going to be very expensive!
We purchased our '17 Sport Hybrid Tech specifically because we wanted the 7 seats. That huge second row console is a waste of space IMO.
The Tech pkg didn't come with parking sensors, but I negotiated that into the purchase price before I signed.

not having captains seats was not an option. I also didnít give much thought to the advanced package. I had no idea they had different consoles until I happened to get into a 2017 MDX with advanced package and saw that it was different

Iím not going to retrofit as itís a lease so itís not worth it. Iím simply looking for advice on what others might be using for some sort of storage with the console.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:39 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by NMO941 View Post

the advanced package has the same console in the second row that is in the front row. However, all the other packages have the one like I have. Itís a real bummer because itís just open and doesnít provide much storage. Doesnít make much sense either since the seats have the forward slide for easy access.
I contacted the dealer about replacing the console with the one thatís in the advanced package and it would be around $500 which doesnít make much sense considering itís a lease.
Trying to figure out some alternative storage ideas since I have kids.
That's not entirely true. Base, tech and aspec I believe have no console just a bench seat. Tech entertainment gets ur style console in 2nd row. Advance (without entertainment) get same console as in the front, while advance with Entertainment gets no console and a bench seat.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:11 AM
Registered Member

Received 629 Likes on 506 Posts
Originally Posted by NMO941 View Post

not having captains seats was not an option. I also didnít give much thought to the advanced package. I had no idea they had different consoles until I happened to get into a 2017 MDX with advanced package and saw that it was different

Iím not going to retrofit as itís a lease so itís not worth it. Iím simply looking for advice on what others might be using for some sort of storage with the console.
Why not look into one of those multi pocket things that hang on the back of the driver and passenger seats. I've seen some AMAZING ones that have A LOT of storage capabilities. Then when the lease is up you keep them obviously haha.