AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G MDX (2014-2020) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-mdx-2014-2020-414/)
-   -   2019 MDX 2nd row console suggestions (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-mdx-2014-2020-414/2019-mdx-2nd-row-console-suggestions-975517/)

NMO941 12-10-2018 10:04 AM

2019 MDX 2nd row console suggestions

I have a 19 MDX with tech and entertainment. I have the second row console but unfortunately it’s not like the one that comes with the advanced package. Looking for storage solutions that others might have used at the top seems a little useless

bobby2478 12-11-2018 09:59 PM

Do you have pictures of what the rear center console looks like on the 19 tech with Entertainment?

NMO941 12-12-2018 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by bobby2478 (Post 16348407)
Do you have pictures of what the rear center console looks like on the 19 tech with Entertainment?

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...c0c1ce9b97.jpg

bobby2478 12-12-2018 10:16 AM

Gotcha, thanks. So it appears to be an open console as opposed to the taller enclosed one in the advanced. This must be the change they referred to in the press release for the 19 which improves access to the 3rd row

NMO941 12-12-2018 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by bobby2478 (Post 16348595)
Gotcha, thanks. So it appears to be an open console as opposed to the taller enclosed one in the advanced. This must be the change they referred to in the press release for the 19 which improves access to the 3rd row

the advanced package has the same console in the second row that is in the front row. However, all the other packages have the one like I have. It’s a real bummer because it’s just open and doesn’t provide much storage. Doesn’t make much sense either since the seats have the forward slide for easy access.
I contacted the dealer about replacing the console with the one that’s in the advanced package and it would be around $500 which doesn’t make much sense considering it’s a lease.
Trying to figure out some alternative storage ideas since I have kids.

jdpdata 12-12-2018 03:00 PM

I don't understand...didn't you look at the second row console before you lease the car? Or you lease sight unseen?
Retrofitting anything after taking delivery is going to be very expensive!
We purchased our '17 Sport Hybrid Tech specifically because we wanted the 7 seats. That huge second row console is a waste of space IMO.
The Tech pkg didn't come with parking sensors, but I negotiated that into the purchase price before I signed.

NMO941 12-12-2018 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by jdpdata (Post 16348884)
I don't understand...didn't you look at the second row console before you lease the car? Or you lease sight unseen?
Retrofitting anything after taking delivery is going to be very expensive!
We purchased our '17 Sport Hybrid Tech specifically because we wanted the 7 seats. That huge second row console is a waste of space IMO.
The Tech pkg didn't come with parking sensors, but I negotiated that into the purchase price before I signed.

not having captains seats was not an option. I also didn’t give much thought to the advanced package. I had no idea they had different consoles until I happened to get into a 2017 MDX with advanced package and saw that it was different

I’m not going to retrofit as it’s a lease so it’s not worth it. I’m simply looking for advice on what others might be using for some sort of storage with the console.

bobby2478 12-12-2018 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by bobby2478 (Post 16348595)

Originally Posted by NMO941 (Post 16348615)

the advanced package has the same console in the second row that is in the front row. However, all the other packages have the one like I have. It’s a real bummer because it’s just open and doesn’t provide much storage. Doesn’t make much sense either since the seats have the forward slide for easy access.
I contacted the dealer about replacing the console with the one that’s in the advanced package and it would be around $500 which doesn’t make much sense considering it’s a lease.
Trying to figure out some alternative storage ideas since I have kids.

That's not entirely true. Base, tech and aspec I believe have no console just a bench seat. Tech entertainment gets ur style console in 2nd row. Advance (without entertainment) get same console as in the front, while advance with Entertainment gets no console and a bench seat.

RDX10 12-13-2018 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by NMO941 (Post 16348925)

not having captains seats was not an option. I also didn’t give much thought to the advanced package. I had no idea they had different consoles until I happened to get into a 2017 MDX with advanced package and saw that it was different

I’m not going to retrofit as it’s a lease so it’s not worth it. I’m simply looking for advice on what others might be using for some sort of storage with the console.

Why not look into one of those multi pocket things that hang on the back of the driver and passenger seats. I've seen some AMAZING ones that have A LOT of storage capabilities. Then when the lease is up you keep them obviously haha.

on2nxt1 10-05-2019 11:02 PM

I'm actually have a twist to this question.

We bought an Acura MDX 2017 Advance AWD. Have loved the vehicle so far, however, now we have an infant and my wife isn't loving it so much anymore. Mostly because with the car seat in one of the captain's chairs, its hard for someone in the other captains chair to attend to the infant. The center console is too much in the way. Also, with a potentially growing family and frequent out of town guests, we are regretting the decision to go with 6 seats instead of 7.

Does anyone know if it is possible to swap out the 2nd row with the bench seat. I'm sure I could pick one up at a junkyard from a totaled vehicle (I don't need a color match). However, do the bolt patterns match? Has anyone done this? I've asked the dealer and they aren't sure if its possible and would charge to just investigate this.

Willing to forgo the heated seats. Just want to get it in, be safe (working seat belts and hook points for car seats) and also slide forward so we can access the 3rd row. Really prefer not to sell the car.

moose66 10-07-2019 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by on2nxt1 (Post 16489193)
I'm actually have a twist to this question.

We bought an Acura MDX 2017 Advance AWD. Have loved the vehicle so far, however, now we have an infant and my wife isn't loving it so much anymore. Mostly because with the car seat in one of the captain's chairs, its hard for someone in the other captains chair to attend to the infant. The center console is too much in the way. Also, with a potentially growing family and frequent out of town guests, we are regretting the decision to go with 6 seats instead of 7.

Does anyone know if it is possible to swap out the 2nd row with the bench seat. I'm sure I could pick one up at a junkyard from a totaled vehicle (I don't need a color match). However, do the bolt patterns match? Has anyone done this? I've asked the dealer and they aren't sure if its possible and would charge to just investigate this.

Willing to forgo the heated seats. Just want to get it in, be safe (working seat belts and hook points for car seats) and also slide forward so we can access the 3rd row. Really prefer not to sell the car.

This needs its own thread . . . . . . . .I have yet to hear of anyone replacing an entire back seat setup. I would think that would be rather expensive. :2cents:

mmfish 10-12-2019 04:01 PM

My wife and I both have 2019 MDX hybrids. I asked the dealer if I could remove the rear third row seat. This would facilitate utility with interior for stuff that I need to use once in a while. The dealer told me that that would not be possible because of the number of sensors that are in each seat. All the seats have electronic wiring that goes into the system of the car and removal is not possible.

Edward'TLS 10-13-2019 02:58 AM

^^^^^

Not exactly true. I have a 2014 MDX with tech package. The 2nd row bench seat (60/40) split is heated and also the press-button-move-forward feature.

Because my toddler daughter loves to play with the seat button whenever she is getting inside the vehicle, I have unplugged the 2 wire-looms under each half of the 2nd row bench seat, and everything still works good, except no more heated seat and no more power-button-feature of course.

I don't think there is any sensor in the 3rd row seat, unless Acura added side airbags to the hybrid trim.

mmfish 10-13-2019 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS (Post 16492118)
^^^^^

Not exactly true. I have a 2014 MDX with tech package. The 2nd row bench seat (60/40) split is heated and also the press-button-move-forward feature.

Because my toddler daughter loves to play with the seat button whenever she is getting inside the vehicle, I have unplugged the 2 wire-looms under each half of the 2nd row bench seat, and everything still works good, except no more heated seat and no more power-button-feature of course.

I don't think there is any sensor in the 3rd row seat, unless Acura added side airbags to the hybrid trim.

I asked acura dealership to see if 3rd row in 2019 MDX Hybrid advance could be remove and they said no due to sensors. That's where my comments came from.