2018 transmission problems and dealership messed my car 🤬😡

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 02:44 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 transmission problems and dealership messed up my car 🤬😡

Hey was sup everyone. I just bought a brand new 2018 MDX in August. So about a month ago I got into my MDX and put it into reverse and it didn’t want to move. Then I put it into drive and it didn’t want to move. I had to rev the car up to 4000 rpm and then it finally moved. As i pull out the parking space I heard a loud noise as if I cracked/broke something. I came out to check and make sure everything was good and I didn’t notice anything. While driving I was hearing a grind/click noise. When I got home the noise wasn’t as loud. The next day I took it to Acura and they said that the transmission is over filled with transmission oil. Then drain it and said I should be good. I now hear a wind noise on deceleration up to 40mph. I took it back to Acura and they said its my transmission but they cant not work on my car bc I did not buy the car from them. I took it back to where I bought it and they said they can not duplicate the problem. But they change the VSA module and said everything is good. They kept my car for over 3 weeks. Now when they dropped my car off to me I notice some damages. So pissed right now😡. The problem started at a little under 1900 miles. I keep my cars clean and now it looks so dirty.

Dent and rip the metal and bumper

Chip on my door

Scuff with some scratches

Last edited by HottnesTLX; 11-23-2018 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-23-2018, 05:27 PM
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 51 Posts
Hope things work out for you, the dealer should take care of you for the all issues
Old 11-24-2018, 07:58 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by bmoua15
Hope things work out for you, the dealer should take care of you for the all issues
Thanks... This happened Wednesday and they still haven’t reach out to me.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 207 Posts
Seems strange this would happen at a legit Acura dealership, or any dealership for that matter. Hopefully they will correct your issues. You just have to be prepared for the finger pointing . . . . . the we didn't do it syndrome. Good luck!
Old 11-26-2018, 10:55 AM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
I would file a complaint right away with Acura Corporate in Southern California ! There is no excuse for the damages your vehicle took yet alone the transmission issue with so few miles!!!!!
Old 11-26-2018, 11:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,164 Likes on 536 Posts
I would have lost my mind. Go get them!
Old 11-27-2018, 08:50 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by moose66
Seems strange this would happen at a legit Acura dealership, or any dealership for that matter. Hopefully they will correct your issues. You just have to be prepared for the finger pointing . . . . . the we didn't do it syndrome. Good luck!
I hope they do but they still have not responded to me. I been calling them since Wednesday every day. Smh
Old 11-27-2018, 08:53 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Fabvsix
I would file a complaint right away with Acura Corporate in Southern California ! There is no excuse for the damages your vehicle took yet alone the transmission issue with so few miles!!!!!
I did and they still didn’t call me back. I understand it’s around the holidays now but this is so unprofessional.

Originally Posted by RLX-Sport Hybrid
I would have lost my mind. Go get them!
I did but its like they don’t care. I contact Acura Corporate and the GM of the store and they don’t respond. Dont even know what else to do
Old 11-27-2018, 09:21 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 207 Posts
Personally I think this issue would involve more than a phone call, unless you live far away from this dealership. I would have been there the very next business day after discovering the issues. Or would have not accepted the vehicle if I had discovered the issues when the work was completed. Time does nothing but create uncertainty and proof of responsibility becomes tougher. You'll need to make sure you have EVERYTHING documented, including who you talked to at the dealership This needs to include all pictures and anything else which might help you make your case.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:07 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Are you calling the correct phone number? I get someone every time I call.... https://www.acura.com/contact-us
Old 11-27-2018, 01:12 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by moose66
Personally I think this issue would involve more than a phone call, unless you live far away from this dealership. I would have been there the very next business day after discovering the issues. Or would have not accepted the vehicle if I had discovered the issues when the work was completed. Time does nothing but create uncertainty and proof of responsibility becomes tougher. You'll need to make sure you have EVERYTHING documented, including who you talked to at the dealership This needs to include all pictures and anything else which might help you make your case.
Thanks. I had to give up my loaner bc they said the loaner is out of fleet and can’t be used anymore. I didn’t pick the car up from them. They do a drop off service. Couldn’t go after bc of work and been working since. Well some what good news today corporate contacted me and the regional manager said she is looking into my complain and will contact me back Wednesday. So lets see what’s up
Old 11-27-2018, 05:36 PM
Advanced

Are you calling the correct phone number? I get someone every time I call.... https://www.acura.com/contact-us
I do get in contact every time I call but im trying to get a manger. The people who answer the phone just note everything
Old 11-27-2018, 05:37 PM
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
This is why I always take pictures when I drop off the vehicle and when I pick up. I also do a walk around inspection before I even get in the car and I go straight back to the SAs with issues. Once you take the vehicle, you basically introduce the YOU factor, which allows the dealership to deny it happened under their care. Hope it works out for the best.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:07 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

did you check your Acura receipt ? When I bring my cars, they walk around and make note of any scratches, dents etc.... and write it on your bill.... If they didn't do this, you are going to have a hard time convincing Corporate that your vehicle was damaged by service department. When you call Corp, remain calm, professional and have your facts (did they note any damage to vehicle when your brought it in for service?). You need to convince that messenger to contact a "case manager" to return your call for further investigation between them and that dealership.... It may take a day or two for a case manager to call you back.... Once upon a time, my RL SRS light came on... Dealership quoted me $2k to fix.... I drove home and called corporate. It took 1-2 months to get them down to $425.00.... patience, professionalism and facts are golden....
Old 11-27-2018, 06:24 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by neoshi
This is why I always take pictures when I drop off the vehicle and when I pick up. I also do a walk around inspection before I even get in the car and I go straight back to the SAs with issues. Once you take the vehicle, you basically introduce the YOU factor, which allows the dealership to deny it happened under their care. Hope it works out for the best.
Thanks

did you check your Acura receipt ? When I bring my cars, they walk around and make note of any scratches, dents etc.... and write it on your bill.... If they didn't do this, you are going to have a hard time convincing Corporate that your vehicle was damaged by service department. When you call Corp, remain calm, professional and have your facts (did they note any damage to vehicle when your brought it in for service?). You need to convince that messenger to contact a "case manager" to return your call for further investigation between them and that dealership.... It may take a day or two for a case manager to call you back.... Once upon a time, my RL SRS light came on... Dealership quoted me $2k to fix.... I drove home and called corporate. It took 1-2 months to get them down to $425.00.... patience, professionalism and facts are golden....
They take pictures of the car when I got there. No notes with any damages. Yea im trying to be calm but its hard too lol. The regional manager contact me so let so what happens now