AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G MDX (2014-2020) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-mdx-2014-2020-414/)
-   -   2018 MDX Sport Hybrid Prices Paid (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-mdx-2014-2020-414/2018-mdx-sport-hybrid-prices-paid-967097/)

moose66 02-13-2018 07:17 PM

2018 MDX Sport Hybrid Prices Paid

Now that the '18's can be ordered, I am looking for a little research or incentive to help everyone out with their deals. I've only seen one such deal on another thread, but the poster has not confirm his deal. Maybe this thread will bring him/her out of hiding! As the thread title says, looking to see what the members of our group are paying for their rides. If you can post your price paid BEFORE taxes, title, tags, whether it is tech or advance, and any freebies you had thrown in. Also whether or not you are leasing, financing, or a straight cash homie!

Thanks in advance.

GrebRL 02-14-2018 10:09 AM

Hopefully, Acura will start making a lot more Hybrids for 2018, if they do then "deals" can be done (free market is supply and demand). They only produced 2000 for 2017 which made "deals" very difficult. We wanted only Silver/Gray and the dealers wouldn't trade with other dealers like they do with the gas MDX. I worked the internet department at 5 dealers, not with floor salesman, and found ours for Invoice plus $500. We had to travel out of state to get it. If you test drive both the gas and hybrid you can easily feel the difference in ride, handling and performance. Good luck.

moose66 02-14-2018 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by GrebRL (Post 16185042)
Hopefully, Acura will start making a lot more Hybrids for 2018, if they do then "deals" can be done (free market is supply and demand). They only produced 2000 for 2017 which made "deals" very difficult. We wanted only Silver/Gray and the dealers wouldn't trade with other dealers like they do with the gas MDX. I worked the internet department at 5 dealers, not with floor salesman, and found ours for Invoice plus $500. We had to travel out of state to get it. If you test drive both the gas and hybrid you can easily feel the difference in ride, handling and performance. Good luck.

I spent most of the day Monday trying to work the local dealers here in my area. Strange how the information you get from each one of them is different. Also interesting how some are really willing to work with you and some aren't if they don't have the vehicle already on the lot. A couple are still pushing the 2017 hybrid. Looks like there are a few left over. Some decent deals out there on those. As an RLX hybrid owner, I know how it is to have a rare vehicle. I foolishly paid a premium for the RLX and will not make the same mistake on the MDX. With that said, I have extended my search beyond my local area and am waiting to hear from a couple of dealers. I don't mind a little road trip to procure my ride if the deal is right. Hell, I flew to Houston once to pick up a car to drive it back to NC. That was nuts, but worth it.

I think a deal is imminent. Today is the first day I have actually seen 2018 hybrids listed on cars.com. So they are starting to make their way to dealerships it appears. I'll report back when I have news to share.

jdpdata 02-14-2018 12:25 PM

We got our 2017 MDX Sport Hybrid Tech last September for $2K under invoice here in Southern California.
Not a superb deal, but as previous post mentioned, Sport Hybrid are super rare. Only a handful in my area in the White/Black color combo we wanted.
I wanted the Parking Sensors (front & rear) so I negotiated that in for $1K installed which I think is a great deal.
Dealer wanted $1700 for Parking Sensor alone without installation.
The 2018 offers nothing else that I really wanted. Android Auto is meh..I rather use my Smarphone mounted on dash for a better experience.
Wish the 2018 MDX updated to same Infotainment as the 2019 RDX, though.
Only thing I'm drooling over is the new Red color on the MDX Advance Model...looks hot!!

mondster 02-14-2018 01:32 PM

Got my 2017 back in november for 10k below msrp. Prior to that month, there were no incentives plus rates were terrible. Dont expect a great deal until the end of the model year, since they dont make too many of them.

moose66 02-14-2018 02:29 PM

Confirmed deal today . . . . . . . . . . deposit in dealers hand:

2018 MDX Sport Hybrid Advance Black Copper Pearl/Espresso - $54,145 plus tags, title, and dealer fees.

jdpdata 02-14-2018 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by moose66 (Post 16185384)

2018 MDX Sport Hybrid Advance Black Copper Pearl/Espresso - $54,145 plus tags, title, and dealer fees.

Congrats! That's a great deal! Don't see Black Copper very often here in SoCal.

mondster 02-14-2018 09:50 PM

lease or purchase? What rate are you getting? Cash buy?

moose66 02-14-2018 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by mondster (Post 16185669)
lease or purchase? What rate are you getting? Cash buy?

This will be a purchase. Haven’t decided on financing yet. May just finance to float the month before having to pay anything, then pay it off. I don’t usually carry a note.

3.2cls6speedmt 02-15-2018 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by moose66 (Post 16185200)
I spent most of the day Monday trying to work the local dealers here in my area. Strange how the information you get from each one of them is different. Also interesting how some are really willing to work with you and some aren't if they don't have the vehicle already on the lot. A couple are still pushing the 2017 hybrid. Looks like there are a few left over. Some decent deals out there on those. As an RLX hybrid owner, I know how it is to have a rare vehicle. I foolishly paid a premium for the RLX and will not make the same mistake on the MDX. With that said, I have extended my search beyond my local area and am waiting to hear from a couple of dealers. I don't mind a little road trip to procure my ride if the deal is right. Hell, I flew to Houston once to pick up a car to drive it back to NC. That was nuts, but worth it.

I think a deal is imminent. Today is the first day I have actually seen 2018 hybrids listed on cars.com. So they are starting to make their way to dealerships it appears. I'll report back when I have news to share.

what car did you pick up in Houston?

3.2cls6speedmt 02-15-2018 01:07 PM

how far will you have to travel to pick up?

moose66 02-15-2018 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by 3.2cls6speedmt (Post 16185998)
what car did you pick up in Houston?

Oh, that was years ago when I first became interested in hybrids. I was after a 2010 Lexus GS450h (another rare vehicle at the time) and the only place I could find one was in Houston. I paid about $200 to have an independent inspection done. Once I received the thumbs up from that, I worked out some decent numbers over the internet/phone. My wife and I then bought a one-way Southwest ticket to Houston. The dealer picked me up, and I closed the deal. I was on the road heading back to Raleigh around noon. Made it to Alabama to spend the night. Woke up the next morning and cruised on back into Raleigh. Nice little road trip.

moose66 02-15-2018 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by 3.2cls6speedmt (Post 16186000)
how far will you have to travel to pick up?

Just over to Greensboro from Raleigh. Depending on the route I take, maybe an hour fifteen minute drive.

3.2cls6speedmt 02-15-2018 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by moose66 (Post 16186016)
Oh, that was years ago when I first became interested in hybrids. I was after a 2010 Lexus GS450h (another rare vehicle at the time) and the only place I could find one was in Houston. I paid about $200 to have an independent inspection done. Once I received the thumbs up from that, I worked out some decent numbers over the internet/phone. My wife and I then bought a one-way Southwest ticket to Houston. The dealer picked me up, and I closed the deal. I was on the road heading back to Raleigh around noon. Made it to Alabama to spend the night. Woke up the next morning and cruised on back into Raleigh. Nice little road trip.

the gs450h was a unicorn. Wife and I picked up a 2013 mdx from miami in 2015. It had only 10k miles on it. I have had a 2003 cls for almost 15 years but have the suv itch.

3.2cls6speedmt 02-15-2018 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by moose66 (Post 16186020)
Just over to Greensboro from Raleigh. Depending on the route I take, maybe an hour fifteen minute drive.

Not Far at all.

Pens Fan 02-16-2018 09:53 AM

Congrats you will LOVE this vehicle (color combo is great too). Leased mine November 6th after the aggressive lease finance rate and incentives kicked in. It is a different animal from the gas version as others have commented.

moose66 04-09-2018 09:06 AM

Got a call Saturday morning that my MDX Sport Hybrid has made it to the dealership, a week earlier than expected. Unfortunately I am out of town this week for business, so I have to wait until this Friday to pick her up. From the final agreement on price, it took about 7 weeks for the vehicle to make it's way from OH to NC. I think I am more excited about getting my RLX back. It's been some tough rides around in the truck while my wife has been riding around in the RLX!

ShortKarateGi 04-11-2018 11:50 AM

How to find Inventory for 2018 MDX Hybrid

I got my Crystal Black 2018 MDX Hybrid Tech package for low 48k then deducted the trade in car. Out the door price is mid $48k.

I used acura's find inventory and watched where the next delivery or available vehicle that is already on the dealers' lots. Very helpful. My first dealership, I put a reservation fee of $200 and we thought we had it reserved. But the sales manager sold it to another buyer, hours before we arrived. What a disappointment. The following day, a dealership from Mass called me up and told me they are going to match the first dealership's price, and we got a deal. It took one week to finish the sales process from getting the physical offer to delivering the vehicle.

When searching for inventory, watch out for In Transit and On Lot inventories. If you see any In Transit, contact the dealership immediately and get a quote and work from there.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

vuwildcat07 04-17-2018 07:30 AM

Price for my parents' 2018 MDX Sport Hybrid Advance (through Costco) was $54,858 before taxes & fees.

regnideir 04-18-2018 03:27 PM

Tech Sports Hybrid 2018 MDX

Repost from other Thread
Tech Sports Hybrid 2018 MDX
The final "Agreed upon Value of the Vehicle as equipped at the time of lease signing" $51,937 includes accessories but not t&l. 3 year/12,000 miles Residual $29,733.20

I bought a 2018 Tech this last Friday April 6th. I'm in Southern California and I used the Costco auto purchase service. I had been quoted $700 off MSRP without using Costco and then $700 off invoice after setting up the Costco service. I had to wait 2 weeks for the vehicle to arrive. When they called me that had arrived it still showed on the Acura site as being in transit. I couldn't make it there until the next day and by then they had already installed "a protection package" of 3M door appliques, wheel locks, tri-fold cargo tray, and splash guards. The quoted increase for those was $1200 but they discounted those %15 because of the Costco pricing. I added front and rear parking sensors and rear bumper guard.

Just hate that practice of padding the price with accessories.

vuwildcat07 04-18-2018 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by regnideir (Post 16220972)
Just hate that practice of padding the price with accessories.

This dealer did do that, but only wheel locks (which were wanted anyway).

moose66 04-19-2018 07:20 AM

If you are ordering a vehicle, you should be able to request no add-on accessories. Dealers play that game with you especially if you are able to swing a good deal. They'll try to make the profit loss up somewhere. Those add-ons are grossly marked up and you can easily order OEM parts online and get the protection film, tint, etc. elsewhere. Unless you just don't want the hassle. Some also tell you all their vehicles come with the add-ons. To me that means those add-ons should already be part of the negotiated price of the vehicle.

wallyo 05-04-2018 09:41 AM

I ordered a silver/ebony 2018 SH Advance in December of last year, and finally picked it up from the California dealer on April 26-- for full MSRP. They are pretty much not discounting the hybrids in California, and had I refused the car at that price, they could have sold it to someone else in one minute. In any case, I'm happy to have it and think it is easily worth the money compared to the other cars I drove before ordering it (Audi, Porsche, BMW, MDX pure ICE). I'd be almost certain that this car is sold at a loss for Honda, for it is much more technically sophisticated and complex than the regular MDX, with a very small price difference.

Phong Nguyen 07-26-2018 02:03 AM

We just purchased a 18 awd tech white/espresso for $46000. It had msrp of $52k due to the $695 protection package 1(mud guard, wheel lock, cargo tray) installed. There was no way I'd get that much of a discount on a Hybrid model here in Southern California since there are not many of them out there and the most I'd get down to would be maybe $50k.

chujk1985 08-02-2018 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Phong Nguyen (Post 16270722)
We just purchased a 18 awd tech white/espresso for $46000. It had msrp of $52k due to the $695 protection package 1(mud guard, wheel lock, cargo tray) installed. There was no way I'd get that much of a discount on a Hybrid model here in Southern California since there are not many of them out there and the most I'd get down to would be maybe $50k.

Hi, what type of negotiating tactics or research did you do to get the price so low? Thanks!

Phong Nguyen 08-02-2018 11:14 AM

I was emailing around with the truecar prices and got a quote for $46345 from one of the dealership. I then took that email and showed it to the dealer closest to me that had the color we wanted in stock and ask them if they can beat it then we would buy it from them instead.

AcuraGuy2016 09-02-2018 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Phong Nguyen (Post 16274322)
I was emailing around with the truecar prices and got a quote for $46345 from one of the dealership. I then took that email and showed it to the dealer closest to me that had the color we wanted in stock and ask them if they can beat it then we would buy it from them instead.

How did this work? I tried something similar, and the dealer wouldn't budge below $50k. For a 2018 right before a 2019 release that had already depreciated a year, that was unacceptably high. We walked out. When I waited til end of month to get a lower price, the vehicle had already sold and they had no more inventory. The vehicle wasn't in a color combo we really liked.

How do we get a 2018 or 2019 Sport Hybrid Tech at a reasonable price? Is Costco below $50k for for the Sport Hybrid Tech? We need to do a trade, so I don't want to make the effort to drive 4+ hours away and then get super lowballed in a trade and waste a day for nothing.

vuwildcat07 09-02-2018 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by AcuraGuy2016 (Post 16290553)
How did this work? I tried something similar, and the dealer wouldn't budge below $50k. For a 2018 right before a 2019 release that had already depreciated a year, that was unacceptably high. We walked out. When I waited til end of month to get a lower price, the vehicle had already sold and they had no more inventory. The vehicle wasn't in a color combo we really liked.

How do we get a 2018 or 2019 Sport Hybrid Tech at a reasonable price? Is Costco below $50k for for the Sport Hybrid Tech? We need to do a trade, so I don't want to make the effort to drive 4+ hours away and then get super lowballed in a trade and waste a day for nothing.

If you know an area where there is a Costco dealer, you should be able to receive a price before you have to travel all that way. Four times out of five we have used it, the dealer has e-mailed the price. The trade in is a little more difficult but my advice is to know the Black Book value (not the Blue Book - you may have to go to Google search for a calculator) and to bring that.

The last time I did a trade, I was lowballed at the Costco referred dealer (where I bought the car I was trading, no less). I told them I thought the value would be higher and gave them the Black Book trade-in printout. They came back with an offer $1,200 higher for that month only. I liked the dealer so I accepted, even though the value was a few hundred dollars less than Black Book (it was a stick shift, so I get why they had to do that since the car would likely be auctioned).

TSX_831 09-06-2018 11:29 AM

I've entertained picking up a CPO 2017 MDX Hybrid with Tech Package. This particular dealership has one at $47.9k with roughly 13k miles. The CARFAX report had this vehicle as a Corporate Fleet. I would love a new ASPEC SH-AWD MDX, but that's out of my price range.

Has anyone here purchased a CPO MDX Hybrid, and if so, were you able to get the dealership to go lower in price? Just curious.

bmoua15 09-06-2018 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by TSX_831 (Post 16292846)
I've entertained picking up a CPO 2017 MDX Hybrid with Tech Package. This particular dealership has one at $47.9k with roughly 13k miles. The CARFAX report had this vehicle as a Corporate Fleet. I would love a new ASPEC SH-AWD MDX, but that's out of my price range.

Has anyone here purchased a CPO MDX Hybrid, and if so, were you able to get the dealership to go lower in price? Just curious.

I'm sure the dealer can do better than that, I paid $48.5k for my 2018 Hybrid Tech in SoCal. Shoot for $42-45k being its a 2017.

acemonster 10-29-2018 02:42 PM

Hi All. I just joined the MDX family. Picked up an '18 Tech SH-AWD for $42,700 - no fees. It was the dealer's service loaner with 4k miles on it - clean inside and out. They also gave me top dollar on my trade so I was pretty pleased overall. I utilized Costco, but I actually got a better deal than what Costco was going to provide. I do wish I fought harder to have rails installed, but they mentioned they can discount the installation for me - trying to get them to match Bernardi for the part and use my costco coupon for % off the service.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...893b1f4e64.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...d1af5202a5.jpg

Fabvsix 10-29-2018 03:36 PM

Very nice..... !

Sdenn 02-20-2019 08:01 PM

I rarely do this, like if ever, but I bought a 19 MDX A Spec on impulse with trade and figure I paid around 51K for the Acura all in out the door. The taxes, processing fee, etc were about 4k so figure 47k just for the car.

Sdenn 02-20-2019 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Sdenn (Post 16386236)
I rarely do this, like if ever, but I bought a 19 MDX A Spec on impulse with trade and figure I paid around 51K for the Acura all in out the door. The taxes, processing fee, etc were about 4k so figure 47k just for the car.

forgot to mention they thew in all weather floor mats and a few other goodies

Lnanda 04-01-2019 11:46 PM

Is this a good price?

Was sent this by a dealer for. 2019 SHAWD tech- internet discounted price is $47,510 plus any dealer installed options, taxes and fees. Is this a reasonable price?