AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G MDX (2014-2020) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-mdx-2014-2020-414/)
-   -   2017 MDX Veers to the right (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-mdx-2014-2020-414/2017-mdx-veers-right-976793/)

pedra 01-29-2019 10:59 AM

2017 MDX Veers to the right

My 2017 MDX drives well but it drifts to the right on a flat level road. The dealer checked the tracking and alignment and the front wheels were rotated. No change to the annoying steering drift. The car has about 10000 Km and the problem appeared after the first service. Any ideas>

thoiboi 01-29-2019 11:17 AM

did they give you an alignment sheet? They only rotated the front tires ? :scratch: what's the tire pressure on the tires? Any issues with braking? A sticking caliper on the right could have that effect as well.

pedra 02-02-2019 09:26 AM

MDX Steering Drift

Thanks for the feedback'
The steering drift appeared after the first service when the wheels were rotated as per schedule. The tire pressures are all the same at 35 psi. the problem remained after the second rotation. The dealer checked the alignment and made a minor adjustment to the RHS rear and provided a copy of the work sheet.
The dealer is about 150 Km away and is very responsive in wanting to address the problem when the weather improves. The sticking caliber is a good suggestion. I will have them check.

Donn0128 02-02-2019 09:33 AM

Take it to an independent alignment shop and have it checked. If they find nothing wrong take it to an independent tire dealer and have them check the tires. I would be willing to bet you have a belt shift. In otherwords a bad tire.

pedra 02-09-2019 11:17 AM

MDX Steering Drift

Thank you for the feedback. I originally thought that the drift was likely due to tire issue since the problem appeared after wheel rotation. The nearby Honda dealer rotated the wheels again but the drift remained. The Acura dealer is great and said that they will investigate and correct the problem.when we can be there. Presently we are delayed due to Arctic weather.
Someone else suggested a sticking caliber that will be checked.

Donn0128 02-09-2019 04:48 PM

Did they rotate the front tires to the rear? If they swapped the fronts only you still might have a tire issue.

Achance 02-10-2019 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by pedra (Post 16380168)
Thank you for the feedback. I originally thought that the drift was likely due to tire issue since the problem appeared after wheel rotation. The nearby Honda dealer rotated the wheels again but the drift remained. The Acura dealer is great and said that they will investigate and correct the problem.when we can be there. Presently we are delayed due to Arctic weather.
Someone else suggested a sticking caliber that will be checked.

if you have a stuck caliper that rim will probably be a lot hotter than the others. Or if you have an infrared thermometer you can check rotor temps.