2017 MDX Tech real time traffic not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 07:15 AM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 MDX Tech real time traffic not working

We have a new 2017 MDX Tech and the real time traffic worked in North Carolina but won't work in SC. Anyone else having trouble with it? I'm receiving AcuraLink messages and have done exhaustive trouble shooting with Acura Link and Acura Technical Support. The TRF icon is no longer showing in the bottom left corner of the nav screen and when I click on "Traffic Incidents" it says "Traffic information could not be received." Tech Support thinks it's a coverage issue but that doesn't make any sense considering our older Acuras aren't having any trouble with real time traffic in the same area. Any advice, help, ideas appreciated.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:48 AM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
I've experienced these problems intermittently on my 2014 RLX and now my 2017 MDX. Not sure why the technology does not seem to be fully stable by now. It was more reliable and greater range in my 2004 RL
Old 07-15-2017, 02:55 PM
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
thats why i connected waze to my factory car screen and never use factory navigation period.
Old 07-15-2017, 04:15 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by AZAEEC
thats why i connected waze to my factory car screen and never use factory navigation period.
I'd love to know how to connect Waze to my car screen. Can you please tell me how to do it?
Thanks.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:55 PM
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
Just a FYI, the above poster might be banned because he might be yet ANOTHER account made by the manufacturer Navtool, who sells a mirroring device for about $300-400, but he failed us miserably in a group buy and left many folks out to dry.

That being said, I wonder if Acura just needs to replace the receiver (forgot what it was called exactly), as this has been a problem from a few folks in the past and that's what it took. If it really is a coverage issue, I do wonder who they're using for the data now.
The following users liked this post:
ckpsc (07-21-2017)
Old 07-21-2017, 01:03 PM
8th Gear

Just received new information from Acura Technical Support. The real time traffic is provided by Here.com and they sent me the link to the coverage map:
https://coverage.here.com/hd-coverage. According to this map, the majority of the US does NOT have coverage. Acura Technical Support told me that all of the 2017 Acura models use this same real time traffic so that tells me that a lot of people must be affected by this. Really surprised I haven't read more complaints on line and even more frustrated that it took so many calls to Acura Link, Acura Technical Support and the dealer before anyone suggested that coverage might be an issue. Would love to hear from anyone else who is experiencing this same problem and what you're hearing from your dealer?
Thanks
Old 07-21-2017, 01:17 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
I wonder why they switched vendors for this. Seems like they are going backwards. I travel through the Stockton, CA area every week and there is no coverage. There was coverage in my 2014 RLX