AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G MDX (2014-2020) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-mdx-2014-2020-414/)
-   -   2017 MDX Tech and Parking Sensors (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-mdx-2014-2020-414/2017-mdx-tech-parking-sensors-962687/)

jdpdata 09-20-2017 12:38 PM

2017 MDX Tech and Parking Sensors

We're having the dealer install OEM Parking Sensors (front & rear) on our 2017 MDX Sport Hybrid TECH.
You all may know that the TECH pkg doesn't come with Parking Sensors, only the ADVANCE pkg have them.
Do any of you know for a fact that we will get Visual Marks and Beep sound once the Parking Sensors have been installed on our TECH?
We're getting conflicting info about this. The Dealer said Beep sound only, no Visual Marks.
While others said, MY '17 will have Visual Marks too because it's pre-wired/pre-programmed.

Lalin 09-20-2017 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by jdpdata (Post 16098177)
We're having the dealer install OEM Parking Sensors (front & rear) on our 2017 MDX Sport Hybrid TECH.
You all may know that the TECH pkg doesn't come with Parking Sensors, only the ADVANCE pkg have them.
Do any of you know for a fact that we will get Visual Marks and Beep sound once the Parking Sensors have been installed on our TECH?
We're getting conflicting info about this. The Dealer said Beep sound only, no Visual Marks.
While others said, MY '17 will have Visual Marks too because it's pre-wired/pre-programmed.

It would be very cool if you can get audio and visual indications!
What other features besides air cooled seats and 360 camera do you lose to the Advanced?
If I replace my MDX by a hybrid one it would probably have to be Tech because of the second row bench.

jdpdata 09-20-2017 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lalin (Post 16098458)
It would be very cool if you can get audio and visual indications!
What other features besides air cooled seats and 360 camera do you lose to the Advanced?
If I replace my MDX by a hybrid one it would probably have to be Tech because of the second row bench.

That's exactly why we chose the TECH over the ADVANCE, we wanted the 7 seats.
Well I'm having the parking sensors installed this Saturday, will update this thread if I get Visual indicators or not.

The ADVANCE steps up to these options for an extra ~$6K. Most of these options I don't care about.
I only want the Parking Sensors so I was able to negotiate that into my deal.
Sport Hybrid TECH are super rare in California.
As of right now, 9/20/2017, there were only about 10 or so cars in the entire State of California.
Took me over a month the find one in White/Ebony. Thanked God I didn't have to special order.
IMO, Acura should make more TECH, not the ADVANCE. More people want the 7 seats.

-Milano leather
-Real Wood Trim
-Heated Steering Wheel
-Auto Dimming side mirrors
-Rear Manual Sunshade
-Ventilated/Heated Front seats
-Heated Rear Seats
-Extra 2 USB
-LED Fog Lights
-Roof Rails
-Surround-View Camera
-Parking Sensors

Lalin 09-20-2017 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by jdpdata (Post 16098470)
That's exactly why we chose the TECH over the ADVANCE, we wanted the 7 seats.
Well I'm having the parking sensors installed this Saturday, will update this thread if I get Visual indicators or not.

The ADVANCE steps up to these options for an extra ~$6K. Most of these options I don't care about.
I only want the Parking Sensors so I was able to negotiate that into my deal.
Sport Hybrid TECH are super rare in California.
As of right now, 9/20/2017, there were only about 10 or so cars in the entire State of California.
Took me over a month the find one in White/Ebony. Thanked God I didn't have to special order.
IMO, Acura should make more TECH, not the ADVANCE. More people want the 7 seats.

-Milano leather
-Real Wood Trim
-Heated Steering Wheel
-Auto Dimming side mirrors
-Rear Manual Sunshade
-Ventilated/Heated Front seats
-Heated Rear Seats
-Extra 2 USB
-LED Fog Lights
-Roof Rails
-Surround-View Camera
-Parking Sensors

Does the Tech have auto power folding side mirrors?

jdpdata 09-20-2017 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Lalin (Post 16098566)
Does the Tech have auto power folding side mirrors?

Yes it does fold when locked. Heated too.

spoiler900 09-22-2017 12:53 AM

I work at a dealership if I had to GUESS I would say audible beep, but no display. Yes its wired for it but Ive seen other mdx like 14 or 15 with added parking sensors (rear only) and I remember the installation is different and I don't remember the button being up by the dash to turn on and off so I know there are some differences. Best of luck!

jdpdata 09-22-2017 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by spoiler900 (Post 16099398)
I work at a dealership if I had to GUESS I would say audible beep, but no display. Yes its wired for it but Ive seen other mdx like 14 or 15 with added parking sensors (rear only) and I remember the installation is different and I don't remember the button being up by the dash to turn on and off so I know there are some differences. Best of luck!

Yes, MY 14-16 only had audible beep. 17 is supposed to have Visual Indicators too. Will find out tomorrow.

ddswv 09-22-2017 08:57 AM

From the information below it seems to matter which system you are having installed, rear back-up sensors, or parking sensors (front/back together).

Interestingly the back-up parking sensors instructions (Part # 08V67-TZ5-XXX ) were less complicated and said to adjust the "beep" volume on the control manual box (bottom of page #22) mounted on the left rear interior fender-well as seen in:
http://acura.bernardiparts.com/Image...II00315-07.pdf

The new parking sensor instructions(Part # 08V67-TZ5-XXX3) does not mention any adjustment of sound, has a on/off switch mounted on the left side of dash where the Advance Button would be, and the control module is mounted under the dash to the existing 16 wire hardness as seen in the installation manual:
http://acura.bernardiparts.com/Image...II03445-24.pdf

It also says the parking sensors will in step #49 work properly as described in the User’s Information Manual which kind of suggests they will work the same as in the Advance.

Curious to know, but believe it may function the same as included with the Advance.

jdpdata 09-22-2017 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by ddswv (Post 16099483)
From the information below it seems to matter which system you are having installed, rear back-up sensors, or parking sensors (front/back together).

Interestingly the back-up parking sensors instructions (Part # 08V67-TZ5-XXX ) were less complicated and said to adjust the "beep" volume on the control manual box (bottom of page #22) mounted on the left rear interior fender-well as seen in:
http://acura.bernardiparts.com/Image...II00315-07.pdf

The new parking sensor instructions(Part # 08V67-TZ5-XXX3) does not mention any adjustment of sound, has a on/off switch mounted on the left side of dash where the Advance Button would be, and the control module is mounted under the dash to the existing 16 wire hardness as seen in the installation manual:
http://acura.bernardiparts.com/Image...II03445-24.pdf

It also says the parking sensors will in step #49 work properly as described in the User’s Information Manual which kind of suggests they will work the same as in the Advance.

Curious to know, but believe it may function the same as included with the Advance.

Thanks for this! I'm getting the newer oem Parking Sensors (front & tear). I remember seeing the on/off switch in one of the diagrams. Hopefully that means it will work exactly the same as on Advance PKG.

jdpdata 09-23-2017 07:38 PM

Good news! Just picked up the car...I got Visual and Beep. Works perfectly! Just like in the Advance models. Dealer did a great installation. I'll throw up some pictures when I get a chance.

jdpdata 09-24-2017 01:41 PM

Some pictures of the Visual Indicators

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...041020739e.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...d6120e9df9.jpgOn the main 8" screen
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...a9f6c2a74f.jpgOn the driver's cluster

Lalin 09-25-2017 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by jdpdata (Post 16100320)
Good news! Just picked up the car...I got Visual and Beep. Works perfectly! Just like in the Advance models. Dealer did a great installation. I'll throw up some pictures when I get a chance.

Very cool.
How much did you pay for the whole thing?

jdpdata 09-25-2017 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lalin (Post 16101255)
Very cool.
How much did you pay for the whole thing?

$1000 installed for Parking Sensors (front and rear). They wanted $1400, I talked them down.
Kind of pricey, but totally worth it. I have Parking Sensors on my Lexus GS, I couldn't live without it on the MDX.
IMO, the TECH pkg should come STD with Parking Sensors. After all, it is all about the Technology right?

Lalin 09-25-2017 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by jdpdata (Post 16101284)
$1000 installed for Parking Sensors (front and rear). They wanted $1400, I talked them down.
Kind of pricey, but totally worth it. I have Parking Sensors on my Lexus GS, I couldn't live without it on the MDX.
IMO, the TECH pkg should come STD with Parking Sensors. After all, it is all about the Technology right?

Expensive but not unreasonable. Money well spent.
Thanks.

mdms 01-14-2019 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by jdpdata (Post 16101284)

Seems like you are in LA, CanI know where? $1000 is not bad!

moose66 01-15-2019 06:45 AM

Very nice. I assume for the 1K price you purchased the parts from the dealership?

gatrhumpy 01-15-2019 07:12 AM

I got my front and rear parking sensors installed (did it myself) from two Amazon kits (painted the sensors the same color as the car) in my TL for $25 (I just get audible beeps).

jdpdata 01-15-2019 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by mdms (Post 16365411)
Seems like you are in LA, CanI know where? $1000 is not bad!

Cerritos Acura did the install. This was pre-negotiated price before purchase. Normally they want $1500 for the parking sensors. You could try your luck and call them up.