2016-17 MDX ATF warmer issue.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 11:29 PM
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
2016-17 MDX ATF warmer issue.

Got this in the mail, officially from America Honda.
The thing is that I leased the car, was thinking of buying it off lease. I already have full hood and fender PPF installed when I got it, and tinted the windows. Initially I wanted an 2015 before they switch to the ZF transmission, but couldn't find any, so got stuck with a 2016. Question is, is it worth it to keep the car? Would really hate to deal with engine and transmission problems before or after the warranty. I usually keep my cars for a long time.
Attached Thumbnails 2016-17 MDX ATF warmer issue.-img_3876.jpg  
Old 11-21-2017, 08:09 AM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
as much as you like the car but you'll always feel the car has issue, your OCD will kick in and keep thinking about this notice.
my suggestion, don't buy after lease, that's what i would do.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:49 PM
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts
I don' think the financials really work in your favor either. You need to decide to buy the car and pay for the number of months you need to afford, or lease and return and get a new one/move on.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:09 AM
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jbawden
I don' think the financials really work in your favor either. You need to decide to buy the car and pay for the number of months you need to afford, or lease and return and get a new one/move on.
Yeah, that's really what I'm leaning towards. At least that's what I feel in my gut. But just doing a quick browse around the net on other brands, the MDX came really well equipped considering the price. And it's so confusing trying to figure out which sub models come equipped with what from other brands. I just wouldn't consider another Acura at the moment because not digging the MMC with the new grill. Perhaps when the new generation comes about, but my lease is up end of April of 2018. The only one I would consider is the RDX, but it'll most likely get the FMC by that time, and I'm not sure how I feel about getting a first year car of that new gen.