2015 MDX Tech CPO

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 05:12 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 MDX Tech CPO

Hi All.

My question is related to a 2015 CPO MDX with Tech I found for a solid price. It has higher mileage (65K), but appears to be in great condition. CPO spec sheet checks out, the dealership has strong service records for the car but it's been on the lot around 40 days.

I've gotten the dealership down to $25K, but it's 800 miles away. I have found nothing in my area with close to that price and CPO, it appears I'm saving about $3-$4K over what I can get locally.

Here's the question: Am I nuts for flying to look at this car to purchase, and more than likely drive 800 miles back home? I thought about shipping it but my flight is free and I prefer to look at the car before purchasing.

Do people do this? I'm just trying to validate if I'm making a big mistake or not.

I already own an '08 RL and I have a friend who is an Acura tech who performs my services for me at a good price, so between the CPO and him, I'm comfortable with repairs.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 207 Posts
I’ve purchased vehicles only seeing pictures on the internet. A bit risky, but it worked out. You do have an option. Why not hire a company to go look at the car for you? Being CPO’d should pretty much eliminate mechanical issues leaving only cosmetic items. If the dealership does not allow that, take a pass. If they do allow it, and it checks out, then you travel to scoop it up. They may want you to put down a deposit prior to inspection. If so, make sure you can get any deposited monies back. Good luck.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
i did this with my acura rl cpo, i flew 350 miles and drove back same day. get the price in email at least and some quality pics to look at the condition. and the drive back will be long but its bonding time haha.