2014 MDX self diagnosis and hidden menu procedure

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 MDX self diagnosis and hidden menu procedure

For all who are interested. To get into the hidden menu press the NAV-BACK-MENU buttons simultaneously for a few seconds till the screens come up. For me it works every time if I press NAV first then BACK then MENU and hold simultaneously pressed. Also after system is in this mode press MENU and hold pressed for a few seconds to enter FOR DEVELOPER screens. pretty cool.. AS ALWAYS, WHEN DOING THIS DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!

2014Acura MDX Advanced\Entertainment Pkg.
WhiteDiamond Pearl\Eucalyptus
FogLights
AdvanceRunning Boards
MoonroofVisor
BodySide Moldings
MudFlaps
RoofRail Crossbars
Towpackage
SpareTire Kit
WheelLocks
AllWeather Floor Mats
CargoCover
FoldingCargo Tray
The following users liked this post:
snookssec (10-24-2013)
Old 10-24-2013, 03:26 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you hit 'download version' in one of the menus, it will start downloading and reset the radio. It will ask for a radio code if the ignition is not in 'ON' position (engine doesn't have to be running). If you get asked for the code, just either switch to 'ON' position by clicking on the start/stop button twice (without brakes) or simply turn on the engine and press the radio power button. The radio will get the VIN/code from the car itself. Codes are no longer given when purchased.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:57 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
[QUOTE=AdvanceMDX;14708795]For all who are interested. To get into the hidden menu press the NAV-BACK-MENU buttons simultaneously for a few seconds till the screens come up. For me it works every time if I press NAV first then BACK then MENU and hold simultaneously pressed. Also after system is in this mode press MENU and hold pressed for a few seconds to enter FOR DEVELOPER screens. pretty cool.. AS ALWAYS, WHEN DOING THIS DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!

Thanks! Can you shed any light as to 'what's behind the curtain?' :-D I am fighting the urge to go into the menu without knowing what's there...it's tough!
Old 10-24-2013, 09:22 AM
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
[QUOTE=snookssec;14722571]
Originally Posted by AdvanceMDX
For all who are interested. To get into the hidden menu press the NAV-BACK-MENU buttons simultaneously for a few seconds till the screens come up. For me it works every time if I press NAV first then BACK then MENU and hold simultaneously pressed. Also after system is in this mode press MENU and hold pressed for a few seconds to enter FOR DEVELOPER screens. pretty cool.. AS ALWAYS, WHEN DOING THIS DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!

Thanks! Can you shed any light as to 'what's behind the curtain?' :-D I am fighting the urge to go into the menu without knowing what's there...it's tough!
It sounds interesting but its really not. Mostly it a diagnostics menu. Think of it like going inot your computers boot file. Unlike a boot file there isnt much you can screw up. DOnt be afraid to access it and run the diagnostic tests.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:07 PM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
Some functions can be very useful inside the hidden menu, such as fine tuning the yellow guideline positions on the backup camera display.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:37 AM
Advanced

[QUOTE=RL06tech;14722744]
Originally Posted by snookssec

It sounds interesting but its really not. Mostly it a diagnostics menu. Think of it like going inot your computers boot file. Unlike a boot file there isnt much you can screw up. DOnt be afraid to access it and run the diagnostic tests.
Cool, thanks!
Old 10-25-2013, 06:38 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Some functions can be very useful inside the hidden menu, such as fine tuning the yellow guideline positions on the backup camera display.
Excellent! Thank you, I'll have to check it out this weekend.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 180 Likes on 129 Posts
As previously stated, "be careful" because my dealer has made a few thousand dollars from people who decided that adjusting the yaw rate sensors etc was a good experiment. Screwing with the menus is not covered under warranty.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:19 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by db22
As previously stated, "be careful" because my dealer has made a few thousand dollars from people who decided that adjusting the yaw rate sensors etc was a good experiment. Screwing with the menus is not covered under warranty.
Agreed dont mess with calibrations you know nothing about!
Old 10-25-2013, 08:42 AM
Intermediate

Something that I found that may interest some is that you can change some parameters for the neural sound. These settings are similar to the settings found in a high end sound processor.

FogLights
AdvanceRunning Boards
MoonroofVisor
BodySide Moldings
MudFlaps
RoofRail Crossbars
Towpackage
SpareTire Kit
WheelLocks
AllWeather Floor Mats
CargoCover
FoldingCargo Tray
Old 10-25-2013, 08:52 AM
Intermediate

Some other settings that I found useful were voice and navigation system volume. I was able to increase the maximum volume. Also there is a calibration setting for the voice recognition microphone. After recalibrating, my system understands my commands much better. for instance, before I did the recalibration the system had a hard time deciphering "ON" from "OFF" and vice versa. Now it seems much better.

FogLights
AdvanceRunning Boards
MoonroofVisor
BodySide Moldings
MudFlaps
RoofRail Crossbars
Towpackage
SpareTire Kit
WheelLocks
AllWeather Floor Mats
CargoCover
FoldingCargo Tray
Old 10-25-2013, 03:39 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by thisguymo
If you hit 'download version' in one of the menus, it will start downloading and reset the radio. It will ask for a radio code if the ignition is not in 'ON' position (engine doesn't have to be running). If you get asked for the code, just either switch to 'ON' position by clicking on the start/stop button twice (without brakes) or simply turn on the engine and press the radio power button. The radio will get the VIN/code from the car itself. Codes are no longer given when purchased.

I did it, but is this actually downloads any update? I noticed after doing it, when listing to IPod , if I press the Audio button it will dim the touch screen , mine never did that before I used this update.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:08 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by alkus77
I did it, but is this actually downloads any update? I noticed after doing it, when listing to IPod , if I press the Audio button it will dim the touch screen , mine never did that before I used this update.
In display settings there is a setting to dim the touchscreen. Just reset it to "never" and you will be ok.

FogLights
AdvanceRunning Boards
MoonroofVisor
BodySide Moldings
MudFlaps
RoofRail Crossbars
Towpackage
SpareTire Kit
WheelLocks
AllWeather Floor Mats
CargoCover
FoldingCargo Tray
Old 10-25-2013, 04:57 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by alkus77
Updates are from disc, thus you cant update out of thin air. When you hit update it searches for one on a system dvd or cd if it doesnt find anything it simply reverts to its default.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:36 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Just curious if Acura has released any revised PCM programming since August of this year. I was planning to take the car in for a couple minor things, including the recall, and was going to just ask them to check...
Old 06-11-2021, 04:09 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2020 mdx

Does anybody know the steps for Diagnostic mode on a 2020 MDX Advance?
Thanks
Old 06-11-2021, 04:28 PM
Forum Contributor

Received 1,391 Likes on 643 Posts
Originally Posted by LECKEY73
Does anybody know the steps for Diagnostic mode on a 2020 MDX Advance?
Thanks
Enter the Select Diagnosis Items screen by pressing and holding the BACK, INFO, and SETTINGS icons.