2014 Dedicated Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 09:20 AM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 Dedicated Picture Thread

Please delete if inappropriate to start this thread ... Thought it might be good to have one dedicated thread for pictures of the 2014 model. I am specifically looking for pics of the advanced running boards with and without splash guards. Trying to determine if not having the splash guards looks better overall when for sure having the advanced running boards.

I look forward to seeing everyone's pics!
The following 2 users liked this post by Husker4theSpurs:
Acura_Dude (07-13-2013), Gsmooth33 (07-14-2013)
Old 07-13-2013, 09:28 AM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think this is a good idea....Wondering why they don't have separate sections for different models/gen as well.
The following users liked this post:
Acura_Dude (07-13-2013)
Old 07-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
My wife and I just picked up our MDX this afternoon at the dealership. We got the Tech/Ent package in Forest Mist Metallic/Eucalyptus color combo. We had a bunch of accessories installed. Hope these photos help those who are still deciding which accessories to get for their MDX.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Dedicated Picture Thread-mdx-front.jpg   2014 Dedicated Picture Thread-mdx-3-4-front.jpg   2014 Dedicated Picture Thread-mdx-side.jpg   2014 Dedicated Picture Thread-mdx-3-4-back.jpg   2014 Dedicated Picture Thread-mdx-back.jpg  

The following 9 users liked this post by OhioMDXer:
Acura_Dude (07-13-2013), Acura_Girl_Forever (02-20-2014), Curious3GTL (11-17-2013), HarvInTX (07-14-2013), Husker4theSpurs (07-13-2013), seanlin (07-14-2013), SlimTL (07-15-2013), TiggaMan909 (07-15-2013), Ungava401 (09-28-2014) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-13-2013, 10:30 PM
08 WDP TL

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^^interior photo please.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:50 PM
Advanced

I'm torn on the splash guards and front sport trim. Definitely no sport trim on the rear. Thanks for the photos!
Old 07-14-2013, 12:35 AM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
OhioMDXer looking good....
Old 07-14-2013, 08:28 AM
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Ohio = no fogs ?

Also how is the rearview camera at night ?.

Last edited by fxcarden; 07-14-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:43 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fxcarden
Ohio = no fogs ?

The LED fogs are not available yet. They are supposed to ship at the end of this month.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:53 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by fxcarden
Ohio = no fogs ?

We also considered getting the fog lights but decided against it. We would only be getting them for aesthetic purposes (never really used fog lights before in our previous vehicles) but we did not like how they look (basing from the photos in acura.com).
I have yet to try the rearview camera at night but it works great during daytime.

The front and rear sport bumper trims look much better than the way they're shown in the photos above. Had a bunch of people in the dealership (buyers) saying compliments about the way we set up our MDX. A few of them even took some photos. So far, we're very happy with our purchase.

Last edited by OhioMDXer; 07-14-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
i'm sorry, but the chrome add-on pieces really took away the elegant look of MDX. it looks now like a SUV with chrome fake side vent bought from Pepboys.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by kevTL888
i'm sorry, but the chrome add-on pieces really took away the elegant look of MDX. it looks now like a SUV with chrome fake side vent bought from Pepboys.
No problem. If you're talking about the front and rear bumper trims, they are actually not chrome. Their color is more like matte gray. The roof rails and the advance running boards are the chrome ones. I guess some people like them and some people don't. Good thing, I do like them.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Advanced

I think the front sport trim looks OK because it matches the Acura Band look ... However on the back I don't care for the shape of the sport trim and there is no similar looking trim so it looks out of place. There's only chrome on the back otherwise. On my 07 MDX I had both front and back sport trim and thought they both looked good so I'm not anti-sport trim

We plan on getting the front trim (Black exterior) as of now. Anyone have an opinion on the splash guards? I don't think they provide too much functionally and have liked how the advance running boards look in the pictures I've seen without the splash guards but was concerned it possibly could look better WITH splash guards. I'm merely considering looks-wise in this decision.

I will be getting the body side moldings but not sure I like how they seem to angle up on the back door ... Especially with running boards exaggerating that look since they aren't parallel.

Any thoughts?
HarvInTX (07-14-2013)
Old 07-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Cruisin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Husker4theSpurs
I think the front sport trim looks OK because it matches the Acura Band look ... However on the back I don't care for the shape of the sport trim and there is no similar looking trim so it looks out of place. There's only chrome on the back otherwise. On my 07 MDX I had both front and back sport trim and thought they both looked good so I'm not anti-sport trim

We plan on getting the front trim (Black exterior) as of now. Anyone have an opinion on the splash guards? I don't think they provide too much functionally and have liked how the advance running boards look in the pictures I've seen without the splash guards but was concerned it possibly could look better WITH splash guards. I'm merely considering looks-wise in this decision.

I will be getting the body side moldings but not sure I like how they seem to angle up on the back door ... Especially with running boards exaggerating that look since they aren't parallel.

Any thoughts?
I agree that the rear trim did not coordinate as everything is chrome. I think the additional bumper trim that OhioMDXer added does help pull it together (overall I think he did a great job in his selections). I was so torn by the options that I really didn't add anything exterior except the splash guards. I had the advanced boards on my 2010 and really liked them but since the 2014 is lower to the ground, I wasn't into the look as much with the current model.

I decided to keep the clean contours and not try to make it more rugged SUV-like. I have the 2014 blk/blk. I do think the front trim would look excellent so if we get some pics of that, I may go back and get it added.
OhioMDXer (07-14-2013)
Old 07-14-2013, 03:53 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by HarvInTX
I agree that the rear trim did not coordinate as everything is chrome. I think the additional bumper trim that OhioMDXer added does help pull it together (overall I think he did a great job in his selections). I was so torn by the options that I really didn't add anything exterior except the splash guards. I had the advanced boards on my 2010 and really liked them but since the 2014 is lower to the ground, I wasn't into the look as much with the current model.

I decided to keep the clean contours and not try to make it more rugged SUV-like. I have the 2014 blk/blk. I do think the front trim would look excellent so if we get some pics of that, I may go back and get it added.
Thanks! If you notice in the photos above, I also had the front bumper trim installed. I also had 2nd thoughts about the running boards since the new MDX is lower to the ground compared to previous models but I went ahead with them as they also offer some protection from road debris that usually goes to the lower sides of the vehicle.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:48 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
OhioMDXer your MDX looks great! Love the accessories.
OhioMDXer (07-15-2013)
Old 07-14-2013, 08:51 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What dealer in OH and how much

Sweet ride..did you pay msrp or was there any wiggle room?
Old 07-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Queensryche
Sweet ride..did you pay msrp or was there any wiggle room?

Thanks! The dealer was initially firm on the sticker price but eventually gave me a $300 discount (better than nothing, I guess). They also gave 'at cost' (or so they say) pricing of the accessories, which is about 15% off their usual pricing.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:46 AM
Advanced

OhioMDXer ... Did you consider the sport step running boards at all? I was sold on the advanced and am now worried they hang too low. I like how they look at 1/4 angles, but from directly the side i dont as much. Functionally I don't think the 2014 needs running boards but the chrome along the bottom balances things out.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:30 AM
In Search Of Sunrise....

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by OhioMDXer
My wife and I just picked up our MDX this afternoon at the dealership. We got the Tech/Ent package in Forest Mist Metallic/Eucalyptus color combo. We had a bunch of accessories installed. Hope these photos help those who are still deciding which accessories to get for their MDX.
That looks AWESOME!!! You've got just about every accessory I'm looking to get installed!

Quick ? - Looks like the front window is tinted. Is this true, and if so, did the dealer do this for you?
Old 07-15-2013, 09:10 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks! The dealer was initially firm on the sticker price but eventually gave me a $300 discount (better than nothing, I guess). They also gave 'at cost' (or so they say) pricing of the accessories, which is about 15% off their usual pricing.
did you have the rear parking sensors installed as well? do you know if they offer for the front? im looking into getting one but i don't want the advance just to get the parking sensors, i know there is more to the advance but i don't want it. i read on the reasons to installing the running boards, very good to prevent debris, never thought about it that way. great car. congratulations.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:18 AM
Advanced

OhioMDXer ... Did you consider the sport step running boards at all? I was sold on the advanced and am now worried they hang too low. I like how they look at 1/4 angles, but from directly the side i dont as much. Functionally I don't think the 2014 needs running boards but the chrome along the bottom balances things out.
I considered the sport step boards but didn't like the way they look. The advance boards look great. You have to see them for real in order to fully appreciate them. They blend very well with the rest of the vehicle.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:21 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TiggaMan909
That looks AWESOME!!! You've got just about every accessory I'm looking to get installed!

Quick ? - Looks like the front window is tinted. Is this true, and if so, did the dealer do this for you?
Thanks! I don't know if they installed any tints. I didn't pay for any window tints so I doubt that they installed them. Although, the rear windows are significantly darker than the front ones. Is that by default from the factory? I assume it is.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:24 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by nvasquez269
did you have the rear parking sensors installed as well? do you know if they offer for the front? im looking into getting one but i don't want the advance just to get the parking sensors, i know there is more to the advance but i don't want it. i read on the reasons to installing the running boards, very good to prevent debris, never thought about it that way. great car. congratulations.
Thanks! I had the rear parking sensors installed. I got them primarily for the wife but I found them very useful too. As far as I know, there is no option to install them on the front. Front parking sensors are not listed in the accessories page in acura.com.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:34 AM
In Search Of Sunrise....

OhioMDXer, your MDX is exactly how I would like to configure mine if i go ahead and pull the trigger. I'm still torn on the Q7 S-line, but I keep coming back to this thread just to check out your pictures to convince me that the MDX is the right move!

If you've got the time, please post some additional pics in the sun. The MDX looks like a completely different car with all the accessories!
OhioMDXer (07-31-2013)
Old 07-31-2013, 10:08 AM
Advanced

The MDX looks like a completely different car with all the accessories!
The accessories are a huge profit center for the MDX but it seems like quite a lot of their promo materials leave them off. They make the car look SO much better you'd think they would put more of them on prior to having all these professional reviews done. The last MDX I bought likely wouldn't have been bought unless I'd seen one with accessories. The door panels look intentionally blank to me to encourage accessories like running boards and body side moldings. It's night and day. I guess some people like the blank look but I moreso feel Acura almost intentionally leaves them plain-looking to encourage the added profit of the accessories with the ability to advertise a lower cost. It can be kind of frustrating to see your MSRP climb when adding what feels like necessarily accessories along with labor to install.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:56 AM
In Search Of Sunrise....

It can be kind of frustrating to see your MSRP climb when adding what feels like necessarily accessories along with labor to install.
Tell me about it man... especially when Acura's build configuration site doesn't even include the cost of installation!

I'm hovering right around 57K with my configuration! God only knows what the dealer will tack on!
Old 07-31-2013, 11:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts
Doesn't the cost of installation depend on the dealership and where it is located?
Old 07-31-2013, 11:55 AM
Advanced

Tell me about it man... especially when Acura's build configuration site doesn't even include the cost of installation!

I'm hovering right around 57K with my configuration! God only knows what the dealer will tack on!
Tell me about it. My MSRP is $59,992 without installation ... That's leaving off the all weather mats that I'm purchasing elsewhere (should've asked to throw them in) for cheaper and not including the splash guards which I may add myself later if I feel it "needs" them to look better.

One dealer wanted to charge $1400 for install and the other I checked with was $800 for install so yes install costs vary.

The accessories I'm getting:
- body side moldings
- advanced running boards
- front sport trim
- LED Fog Lamps (hope they're in by my pick up date in late Aug, early Sept)
- heated steering wheel
- cargo liner (we have dogs)
Old 11-16-2013, 10:38 PM
Instructor

Sick Ohio you should post some pics at night with led lights on that would be cool.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:01 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The add-ons look absolutely gorgeous. Could you run us down with some number if I'm not being so bold to ask? Especially for the Running boards and front and rear chrome installs on the fenders.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:14 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by encryption
The add-ons look absolutely gorgeous. Could you run us down with some number if I'm not being so bold to ask? Especially for the Running boards and front and rear chrome installs on the fenders.
I have to look into my files to check the individual pricing for each accessory installed. Note that dealers also charge for installation. I remember they gave me 15% discount from MSRP on all the accessories that I paid for. I also got a handful of free items like all-weather mats for all rows, foldable cargo tray, wheel locks and door edge film.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:51 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Here are a couple pics of my 2014 MDX w/ Tech....it has advanced running boards, illuminated door sills, tinted front windows to match the rears, and splash guards. Color is graphite luster metallic/ Ebony.

Name:  20131123_114443_zpscf8c9ab1.jpg
Views: 1790
Size:  188.6 KB

Name:  20131123_114428_zpsb95f0ec1.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  182.0 KB

Name:  20131123_114531_zpsbd2f5f04.jpg
Views: 1236
Size:  179.9 KB
jwong77 (11-26-2013)
Old 11-24-2013, 10:53 PM
Intermediate

Oh and here are the two price list for accessories installed of two like local dealers

Name:  20131120_213615_zps5f1b7bc7.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  109.8 KB

Name:  20131120_213352_zpsd29f381d.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  121.1 KB
Old 11-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Intermediate

Wow I didnt raelize how crappy those pics of the accessories sheets where...I will try to get a better pic tonight or perhaps scan them into my computer.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:06 PM
Midnight Marauder

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts
Just a lurker here, but I have to say that I really like this iteration of the MDX. IMO, they did a much better job with the headlights than on the RLX.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:37 PM
Instructor

Man I am urging to see the mdx at night and how far the light goes if anyone is willing to take a picture of that would be great
Old 12-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here are a couple photos of mine. Its an Advance SH-AWD.

http://distinctivdetailing.com/detai...-cherry-pearl/
Old 02-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Advanced

2014 Acura MDX Tech/Ent

Forest Mist Metallic
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Dedicated Picture Thread-img_0039_2.jpg   2014 Dedicated Picture Thread-img_0041_2.jpg  
Old 02-16-2014, 04:43 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Old 03-06-2014, 12:31 AM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
nice looking vehicle!

Quick Reply: 2014 Dedicated Picture Thread