AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G MDX (2014-2020) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-mdx-2014-2020-414/)
-   -   17' Advance cooling seats? (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-mdx-2014-2020-414/17-advance-cooling-seats-961424/)

Reinnie 08-11-2017 10:01 PM

17' Advance cooling seats?

I just picked up a 17' Advance few weeks ago. What I notice is that the cooling seats are worthless. My wife and I aren't feeling anything. We do hear the loud blowers but that's about it. We have other cars with cooling seats and you can feel the difference in them.

Any one have experience with them?

Thanks!

RLX-Sport Hybrid 08-12-2017 07:54 AM

I think the fans are louder than I would expect, but they work well from my perspective. What I mean by that is if I might have been uncomfortable from a temp perspective in a non-cooled seat, the cooled seats in the MDX are cool enough to negate that. I don't think they are supposed to be like sitting on an air conditioner are they?

Reinnie 08-12-2017 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by RLX-Sport Hybrid (Post 16075515)
I think the fans are louder than I would expect, but they work well from my perspective. What I mean by that is if I might have been uncomfortable from a temp perspective in a non-cooled seat, the cooled seats in the MDX are cool enough to negate that. I don't think they are supposed to be like sitting on an air conditioner are they?

That is correct, not supposed to work like AC, but I think there's something wrong with our seats. We aren't feeling any differences with it on or off. Only difference is the cabin sound got louder because of the fans.

I understand it's not supposed to cool when the cabin is burning hot, but once the cabin cools down, I would assume we should feel the difference.

getakey 08-12-2017 11:42 AM

The fan speed adjust automatically based on temp if you are in auto mode. You can manually adjust through the touch screen. I feel the difference right away. Although I live in moderate climate (SF area), I travel to Sacramento almost every week and experience 100+ every day.

Reinnie 08-12-2017 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by getakey (Post 16075591)
The fan speed adjust automatically based on temp if you are in auto mode. You can manually adjust through the touch screen. I feel the difference right away. Although I live in moderate climate (SF area), I travel to Sacramento almost every week and experience 100+ every day.

Thank you, definitely something wrong with my then. I live in MD and weather doesn't get as hot as you guys.

getakey 08-12-2017 02:36 PM

I just checked again on a quick trip. Temp outside only 68, but car was in sun. I could feel cool air quickly thru the seats. Seat Fan was at 2 bars in the display. I also don't really notice any extra fan noise compared to previous RLX. It does seem to have a higher fan volume at highest setting than the RLX

RDX10 08-12-2017 06:34 PM

This is the biggest issue with "cooled" vs "ventilated" seats. Cooled seats are always spot on in their functionality whereas ventilated seats seem to be a hit or miss. Some days I feel a lot of cold air enough to where I need to turn it off/down and other days not at all. In both situations my AC would be on at full blast so really it's random.

However, to never ever feel anything means something is wrong. Perhaps your fans are clogged and that's why they are so loud?

TLXinTX 08-14-2017 11:59 AM

If I understand it right, they're made to extract heat, not blow cold air, so the experience is a bit different from cooled seats.

The max setting does result in a noticeably cooler feel though. I'd have the dealer look at the system.

dapala 08-16-2017 08:23 PM

The seats are ventilated seats not cooling seats. But trust me they work! I went from a black TL with grey seats to a black MDX with black ventilated seats. In Tucson AZ it gets to 110 degrees regularly With the TL my girlfriend would need a towel on the seat cause they got so hot in the sun. But now with the MDX they cool off so quickly its not an issue and my back doesn't sweat anymore.

pickettt 08-17-2017 02:30 PM

Mine seem to work well. So well that I won't buy another car without them. They are noisy at the highest level though. If you don't detect any difference at all, have them looked at while the car is under warranty.

flyboy 08-18-2017 09:19 AM

These ventilated seats pull air through them rather blowing air out of them as is the case with cooled seats. Mine work just fine in my 2017 Hybrid MDX

getakey 08-18-2017 10:45 AM

mine appear to blow air out

flyboy 08-18-2017 10:49 AM

I stand corrected

Reinnie 08-18-2017 03:25 PM

I guess my is not working the way it should because I'm not feeling anything with my hands over the seats in max setting.

RDX10 08-18-2017 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by flyboy (Post 16079338)
These ventilated seats pull air through them rather blowing air out of them as is the case with cooled seats. Mine work just fine in my 2017 Hybrid MDX

Originally Posted by TLXinTX (Post 16076570)
If I understand it right, they're made to extract heat, not blow cold air, so the experience is a bit different from cooled seats.

The max setting does result in a noticeably cooler feel though. I'd have the dealer look at the system.

You guys have it backwards, the fans blow air out not suck air in. It wouldn't even be possible to suck air in if you're sitting on the holes.

csmoore 08-18-2017 06:51 PM

My '17 TLX doesn't really feel any difference between the low and high settings. I hear that fan speed change, but no difference in cooling. I do feel it work from off to the low setting. Seems like it should be cooler on the high setting.

getakey 08-20-2017 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by RDX10 (Post 16079704)
You guys have it backwards, the fans blow air out not suck air in. It wouldn't even be possible to suck air in if you're sitting on the holes.

well only in certain circumstances :)

RDX10 08-20-2017 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by getakey (Post 16080412)
well only in certain circumstances :)

:ninja:

neo1738 08-23-2017 03:30 PM

I can def feel some cool air from mine. Some days (really really hot) I don't feel it as much but most days I do.