WellVisors for MDX 2016

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 08:17 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
WellVisors for MDX 2016

I already bought a WellVisors for my 2016 RDX and I loved it so much that I bought a set for my 2016 MDX. The install again was very easy and simple. It took me about 20 minutes with no help. I did a test fit to make sure I knew how I wanted it aligned on my car and everything else went smoothly. The quality is excellent and it looks awesome on the car. The smoke tint matches the factory tint and the visor stays on via 3M tape and a few clips. The profile was exactly the same on the RDX which is a slim profile and I love that. It looks like a factory visor besides the fact that it has the WellsVisors logo on it. The chrome trim matches the factory trim which is a must for our cars.

Before without visor

The box it came in

Installed

Closer look at the split

Rear door

Low profile

Old 07-10-2016, 11:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
love it makes the car look so much better
Old 07-11-2016, 03:06 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 910 Likes on 693 Posts
I have never been a fan of these visors, especially the ones that go on the sunroof. But I must admit these are very slim and low profile, also fit looks to be top notch!
Old 07-11-2016, 08:10 AM
Pro

Received 197 Likes on 111 Posts
I was really hoping Weathertech would have come out with the in-channel visors for the 3G MDX but so far they have not. They have them for the TLX, which is weird.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:27 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I bought the same ones a few months ago (forgot to post pics) love them and get compliments surprisingly, on how well they look - a few guys even went looking for similar visors for their suv's after having seen these. the pin on the drivers side leading edge popped out when I installed it, but it's holding up fine even then so far.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:39 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't really care for the look, BUT the fit is awesome. They seem like a good quality product.
Old 07-17-2016, 12:45 AM
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I pulled the trigger on the Wellvisors based on your guys' impressions. I got them on eBay and they came in surprisingly fast.

The fit and finish compared to similar Honda CR-V and Odyssey accessories I've installed is not quite the same but it is good enough. You can see some uneven sanding on the top edge although you can't see it unless you look real close.

The clips are attached to the plastic visor using metal rivets. OEM uses plastic rivets. The clips are genetically shaped and don't quite firm-fit to the window frame like OEM clips do.

The paint on the metal clips peeled off when I tried to rub off the protective adhesive backed foam residue from it.

Although I seem a bit critical of the product, they are a really good value and serve their purpose. They are cheaper than comparable OEM Honda accessory rain visors. The visor material seems to be decent quality although the clips could be attached using better hardware. They don't require any drilling and aren't intrusive so if they break or deteriorate, they can be removed easily.

Btw, be careful peeling the film from the double sided tape. Parts of it attach to foam and if you don't peel the film right, the double sided tape can tear the foam.

Quality: 3/4
Value: 4/4
Installation: easy, 15 minutes
Tools required: none

The protective adhesive backed foam left residue on the clips.

The 3M double sided tape didn't quite get 100% contact in some areas.

I used the supplied alcohol pad to try to remove the reside but the paint came off. I recommend just rubbing off the residue with your finger.

The finished product looks just like OEM.

The chrome accent retains the OEM look.

Old 07-17-2016, 11:03 AM
Intermediate

Looks good congrats! I didn't see too much of an issue with the foam and none of those parts a visible so it shouldn't effect the overall appeal. If you ever figure out how to remove the WellVisors logo without damaging the plastic, please post.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:00 AM
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts
Bumping an older thread. Looking for y'alls opinions after some time with the Wells on the car. These are on my short list to help with keeping the car a bit cooler and less stale on hot days.
Thanks.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:56 PM
Intermediate

Still works and looks great

I've had these on both my MDX and RDX for over a year now and they still look and function great. They've held up to numerous car washes (automatic and hand washes) and Southern California weather (yes I'm aware weather is not extreme like some other places). They keep the car cool since I can roll down the windows enough where it doesn't look like they are down form an outside perspective during these HOT summer days. They are good quality and worth the price for sure. No cosmetic issues what so ever. It is noisier with them on since the wind gets funneled through them when driving, but that's expected and it's nothing that I really notice anymore since I have my music on most of the time.

Don't hesitate. They fit perfectly. Get them while you can still benefit from the hot summers.
The following users liked this post:
MCDavis (07-13-2017)