Took Delivery of 2017 MDX SH-AWD WDP/Espresso

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 08:21 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Took Delivery of 2017 MDX SH-AWD WDP/Espresso

After weeks of test driving, wife and I ended up purchasing 2017 Acura MDX Shawd WDP/Eapresso tech package (production date 09/17). Dealer add ons includes (tinted windows, clear bra door cups, and all weather mats). Thanks to Eco-Tint for X-pel full clear bra and Air80 for the windshield protection, just purchased a roof rail and advance chrome running board (install to follow). It’s been a week since purchased and my wife really enjoy driving it.
The following users liked this post:
jyrtl (10-21-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 08:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 333 Likes on 230 Posts
Congrats! Nice color combo. Looks just like ours. But we opted for White/Ebony Sport Hybrid.
I also did Xpel Ultimate for front-end, fender, door cups, mirrors, headlights, door sills, and rear bumper.
But chose 3M Crystalline 70 for the windshield.
Planning to do the Chrome Running Board soon. Looks naked without it IMO.
I have little kids and they have difficulty climbing in/out of the MDX.

Mine if I asked where you purchased the Chrome Running Board..and how much?
Old 10-12-2017, 09:03 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jdpdata
Congrats! Nice color combo. Looks just like ours. But we opted for White/Ebony Sport Hybrid.
I also did Xpel Ultimate for front-end, fender, door cups, mirrors, headlights, door sills, and rear bumper.
But chose 3M Crystalline 70 for the windshield.
Planning to do the Chrome Running Board soon. Looks naked without it IMO.
I have little kids and they have difficulty climbing in/out of the MDX.

Mine if I asked where you purchased the Chrome Running Board..and how much?
We really liked the Sport Hybrid but not much discount. I purchased the Advance chrome running board yesterday at my local dealership and I paid $624 tax included. Received a call this morning that my parts came in so I picked them up along with the roof rail that I installed this afternoon.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Inspire08
We really liked the Sport Hybrid but not much discount. I purchased the Advance chrome running board yesterday at my local dealership and I paid $624 tax included. Received a call this morning that my parts came in so I picked them up along with the roof rail that I installed this afternoon.
That's a good price your dealer gave you. Our dealer wanted a lot more for it so I opted to order it online instead, but shipping cost is crazy high. Waiting for discount coupon codes for free shipping from one of the OEM dealers.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:19 PM
Instructor

That's a good price your dealer gave you. Our dealer wanted a lot more for it so I opted to order it online instead, but shipping cost is crazy high. Waiting for discount coupon codes for free shipping from one of the OEM dealers.
Actually, our dealer listed price is $799 but the $580 was authorized/discounted by the GM.
jdpdata (10-13-2017)
Old 10-13-2017, 11:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 207 Posts
Love that espresso. Wish they offered that interior color with the modern steel. Would be a strange, but unique look. Would be even better on the fathom blue.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:39 AM
Instructor

Finished installing the Roof Rail and Advance Chrome Running Boards. The board really compliments and added more sportier look to the MDX.

Last edited by Inspire08; 10-18-2017 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Added more
Old 10-18-2017, 10:48 AM
Burning Brakes

Looks good! I'm getting the Chrome Running Board too. They should call it "Aluminium Running Board" instead.
Doesn't look chrome to me. This vehicle have way too many chrome accents already.
Not feeling the Chrome Roof rail..again too much chrome for my taste.
Does it comes with the crossbars, or it's that it? What good is it without the crossbar?
How much they charge you for Running Board install?
Old 10-18-2017, 11:45 AM
Instructor

Looks good! I'm getting the Chrome Running Board too. They should call it "Aluminium Running Board" instead.
Doesn't look chrome to me. This vehicle have way too many chrome accents already.
Not feeling the Chrome Roof rail..again too much chrome for my taste.
Does it comes with the crossbars, or it's that it? What good is it without the crossbar?
How much they charge you for Running Board install?
The Roof Rail does not come with crossbar, it is separate item. Acura should have sold the Roof Rail and crossbar as a kit. I installed both of them, the Roof Rail took me less than two hrs and the running board about 4hrs. It’s pretty straightforward for the install, the scraping of the excess paint and dust protector is time consuming, on top of that you have to touch up paint and let it dry (bare metal exposed).
jdpdata (10-18-2017)
Old 10-18-2017, 12:17 PM
Burning Brakes

You did a great install job then! I called my guy that does aftermarket installs for me, he quoted $250 to install the Running Boards..seems a bit steep.
I'd try to install myself, but i suck at it and fear I'll screw something up.
I hate how newer SUVs now don't come with Roof racks and Running Boards nowadays. I know they include it on highest trim models.
My 2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition had both as standard option. And it wasn't the top-of-the-line model.
I don't even have a Spare Tire Kit..c'on Acura! Such an expensive SUV and they don't include a freaking Spare Tire!!
Old 10-18-2017, 02:00 PM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
If only I could talk my wife into getting one of these! Maybe I should get a new wife, and an MDX would follow?

Oh well, probably cheaper to keeper - and by the way, grats on the new MDX, she's a beauty!
Old 10-18-2017, 03:08 PM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
You did a great install job then! I called my guy that does aftermarket installs for me, he quoted $250 to install the Running Boards..seems a bit steep.
I'd try to install myself, but i suck at it and fear I'll screw something up.
I hate how newer SUVs now don't come with Roof racks and Running Boards nowadays. I know they include it on highest trim models.
My 2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition had both as standard option. And it wasn't the top-of-the-line model.
I don't even have a Spare Tire Kit..c'on Acura! Such an expensive SUV and they don't include a freaking Spare Tire!!
The Spare Tire is included with the AWD version of the MDX. I have a spare since mine is AWD.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by like2ace
The Spare Tire is included with the AWD version of the MDX. I have a spare since mine is AWD.
Yeah, I know regular Gas models have it. But for some reason Sport Hybrid models don't have a spare.
I'd be very nervous taking this car on road trips without a spare.
Guess that's another thing I'll have to purchase...sigh
Old 10-18-2017, 04:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 207 Posts
Yeah, I know regular Gas models have it. But for some reason Sport Hybrid models don't have a spare.
I'd be very nervous taking this car on road trips without a spare.
Guess that's another thing I'll have to purchase...sigh
No room for a spare due to batteries and extra motors in the rear. No spare also shaves off some weight.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by moose66
No room for a spare due to batteries and extra motors in the rear. No spare also shaves off some weight.
Actually that's isn't entirely true. The batteries are under the front seats and rear motors don't interfere with the Spare.
Acura does sell a spare tire kit for the Sport Hybrid. Not really sure why they omitted it on our cars. Maybe weight saving and not to tax out the electronic motors.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:01 PM
Instructor

I have a spare tire mounted underneath, mine is Sh-awd.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:10 PM
Burning Brakes

I have a spare tire mounted underneath, mine is Sh-awd.
Yeah I know. There seems to be some confusion about this so here's my understanding of which MDX have a spare tire kit.

FWD = no spare
SH-AWD = spare
Sport Hybrid = no spare. FYI all Sport Hybrid are SH-AWD. It's a more advanced system then the gas model since it uses electric motors for vector control instead of just braking.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:44 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
We have the same exact combo that we took delivery in March. It's been 8 month and we are still loving every second of it. Congrats!
Old 10-27-2017, 04:05 PM
Drifting

Received 709 Likes on 378 Posts
beautiful MDX, nice add-ons also. The MDX in white and black are my favorite with the updated grille
Old 10-27-2017, 09:01 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by GhostTL09
beautiful MDX, nice add-ons also. The MDX in white and black are my favorite with the updated grille
Thanks.... most dealership here has the WDP with ebony interior, espresso interior is hard to find (in NV).
Old 10-28-2017, 08:26 PM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
After weeks of test driving, wife and I ended up purchasing 2017 Acura MDX Shawd WDP/Eapresso tech package (production date 09/17). Dealer add ons includes (tinted windows, clear bra door cups, and all weather mats). Thanks to Eco-Tint for X-pel full clear bra and Air80 for the windshield protection, just purchased a roof rail and advance chrome running board (install to follow). It’s been a week since purchased and my wife really enjoy driving it.
I took delivery of the same MDX at the end of July. I started out thinking I wanted WDP with ebony interior, but after seeing the Expresso, both my wife and I were sold.

Regards, Jim