Multiple System Messages

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014 | 08:51 PM
2nd Gear

Angry Multiple System Messages

My wife has a 2014 MDX Tech, that has the recurring problem of multiple systems failures upon starting the vehicle. This is the third time in 3 weeks, the vehicle does have the OEM remote start with 6000 miles on it. It even disables the AWD function and makes the vehicle front wheel drive only. The system will not let you reset all the malfunction issues.

Has anyone else had similar issues or was a TSB issued for this system crash.
Old 01-28-2014 | 04:58 PM
2nd Gear

Does it do this?
Old 01-28-2014 | 07:30 PM
Intermediate

Why are you posting here instead of taking it to a dealer? This is not acceptable, and Acura should take responsibility to investigate and resolve it for you.
Old 01-29-2014 | 11:03 AM
2nd Gear

The vehicle was taken to the Acura dealership where it was put through about 20 pages of diagnostics. During this time an additional mobile diagnostic computer was utilized in the hope this issue would happen while the Service Manager drove the vehicle for 3 consecutive days. All connectors were also subjected to inspection to assure nothing was grounding out. Unfortunately no root cause was found for the intermittent problem, but since this was performed the issue has resolved itself so far. Acura has delivered with an identical rental, drop off and pick up service so we are not inconvenienced in any way.
Thank you to pamsauto for posting a video of the issue. Seeing we are not the only owners that have this intermittent problem means there is bug in a block of certain MDX 's, or some type of glitch in the system.
Old 01-30-2014 | 03:59 PM
2nd Gear

Skyline-

You ask why I posted this here instead of taking the car to the dealer.

Let you tell you about what it is like to talk to the WRONG person at a dealership and how that experience gets folks all whipped up and posting on the web.

When I called my dealer and tried to tell the service advisor what was going on, I got cut off and told to make an appointment. I then told him that it is 80 miles for me to drive one way to the dealership and started to ask about any other options, but once again I got cut off and told that Acura Warranty covers the repairs not any towing unless the car is disabled.

I asked him if he considers a car non drivable when the ABS, traction control, and power steering are not working and it has been snowing 2-3 inches every day for the last 3 weeks. He stated again that a tow would be covered if the vehicle was inoperable. I asked what inoperable was defined as and he would not answer me. He told me that I can get it towed and I would have to pay for that upfront and Acura may reimburse me if they felt that car was not drivable. He also told me that if they work on the car and find no issue I was responsible for the cost of labor. I asked if I could email him a link to the video, and he said that their service dept. doesn't use email.

So I would assume that this service advisor hates his job and his boss, because I don't think much of the above is true. Since the issue is intermittent I just let it go for now. I am fairly certain the issue is software and code related. I am a coder and I see the pattern in the issue. I also have figured out a power on/off cycle that clears the display issues, so I feel that Acura can plow through the issues and figure it out , then order a TSB and I will just swing in for an update at a different dealer someday.
Old 02-01-2014 | 07:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pamsauto
Skyline-
Next time call the road side assistance to arrange the tow. Skip the idiot dealer.
Old 02-02-2014 | 07:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pamsauto
He also told me that if they work on the car and find no issue I was responsible for the cost of labor.
That is not true.

If you cannot take it to another dealer try speaking with the service manager. If they fail to fix the problem, open a case with Acura Corporate.
Attached Thumbnails Multiple System Messages-screen-shot-2014-02-02-8.46.04-am.png  
Old 02-02-2014 | 06:15 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Wow. Sounds like you have a bad dealer. Sorry for all your trouble. Hope the problems get resolved soon.
Old 02-04-2014 | 04:57 PM
Advanced

[QUOTE=pamsauto;14855330]Skyline-

Who is this POS dealer? I would love to know if it was mine.
Old 02-04-2014 | 05:05 PM
Suzuka Master

I agree...the dealer response is NOT acceptable and not indicative of what an Acura dealership should be. I would call Acura customer relations and ask if that is the way they instruct their dealers to deal with customers who spend 50+k on their vehicle....

Please give us your money and we'll verbally abuse you and treat you like shit! That is just nuts!
Old 03-07-2014 | 08:30 PM
Cruisin'

i have the new elite and this happen to me as well last monday so i have an appointment next week as the car was fine and reboot itself after 5 or 6 times restarting i notice because all my setting was reset to factory and the all error are gone im pretty pissed with this hoping the dealer treat me well the front garnish wasnt installed properly and the window trim was lifting on both passenger side my traction thing was bad too i have winter tires blizzak everytime i slide when i turn, only happen when there is snow on the road i dont drive fast even i had the 07 elite i doesn't do this and braking was not that good as well if i step on the brake hard i i miss my intended spot i dunno if the old mdx is better or im just missing my old pal
Old 03-09-2014 | 05:14 PM
2016 Acura TLX

Originally Posted by MIGBERN
i have the new elite and this happen to me as well last monday so i have an appointment next week as the car was fine and reboot itself after 5 or 6 times restarting i notice because all my setting was reset to factory and the all error are gone im pretty pissed with this hoping the dealer treat me well the front garnish wasnt installed properly and the window trim was lifting on both passenger side my traction thing was bad too i have winter tires blizzak everytime i slide when i turn, only happen when there is snow on the road i dont drive fast even i had the 07 elite i doesn't do this and braking was not that good as well if i step on the brake hard i i miss my intended spot i dunno if the old mdx is better or im just missing my old pal
There's a thing called periods and commas. Use them.
Old 03-10-2014 | 08:30 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by honda_nut
There's a thing called periods and commas. Use them.
I see one comma
Old 01-05-2015 | 10:22 PM
2nd Gear

I just bought a 2015 mdx and have had the multi system issues 4 times with less than 2k miles in it. Did anyone figure out what was causing it? I have an appointment and 3 great videos with time stamps to show the dealer. Just hoping this is a software update. Kind of sad to have this issue on a brand new vehicle.