Doors randomly lock?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 09:56 PM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Doors randomly lock?

So as a mom, I had a scare today. I was at Home Depot and came back to the car, remote in my purse as always. Walked up to the back door opened it put my purse on the floor with the bag of stuff I had bought. Then I strapped my 11-month old into his car seat and shut the door. I then went just across the way from my car to return the cart to the return area. I came back and went to open the back door to get my purse and it was locked! Tried all other doors and the tailgate and they were locked too. How did this happen?

The doors will not lock using the outside buttons if the remote is in the car. The doors can't be locked by pushing the button on the remote if one of the doors is open negating the theory that something in my purse pushed on the lock button when I set it or the bag down.

Luckily it was 60 degrees out today and my son was fine even though it took my husband almost an hour to leave work, go home get the second remote and drive over to where I was. Needless to say I will be calling tomorrow to activate the free trial of Acuralink so we can test out unlocking the doors from the app.

I plan to bring this up to the service dept on Monday when I drop off the car to get the tint and remote start installed.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:46 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,201 Posts
Could it be something that was blocking the signal in your purse to make the MDX think you were out of range? It might have been something around the purse or in the bag at Home Depot that might of limited the signal enough not to register on the MDX?
Old 12-04-2014, 09:41 AM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
I hope this helps everyone!!!

Originally Posted by AMIC
So as a mom, I had a scare today. I was at Home Depot and came back to the car, remote in my purse as always. Walked up to the back door opened it put my purse on the floor with the bag of stuff I had bought. Then I strapped my 11-month old into his car seat and shut the door. I then went just across the way from my car to return the cart to the return area. I came back and went to open the back door to get my purse and it was locked! Tried all other doors and the tailgate and they were locked too. How did this happen?

The doors will not lock using the outside buttons if the remote is in the car. The doors can't be locked by pushing the button on the remote if one of the doors is open negating the theory that something in my purse pushed on the lock button when I set it or the bag down.

Luckily it was 60 degrees out today and my son was fine even though it took my husband almost an hour to leave work, go home get the second remote and drive over to where I was. Needless to say I will be calling tomorrow to activate the free trial of Acuralink so we can test out unlocking the doors from the app.

I plan to bring this up to the service dept on Monday when I drop off the car to get the tint and remote start installed.
I believe that this may be related to your cell phone... Sometimes my remote does not even let me open the door when touching the handle until I move the remote in front rather then behind the phone. As the other person commented, cell phones can confuse the car.. Also, Note this!!! Here in San Diego when I had my MDX, 2015, up on Mt. Soladad memorial park, I was unable to unlock the car doors unless I was next to the car and used the KEY! This was NORMAL!! The reason was that 2 local TV stations have their high power transmitters only a 1/2 mile away and the high RF Field blocks or jams the remote signal, called desensitizing the MDX remote RECEIVER front end.. When I was their a few weeks back a woman was panicking that her new 535i BMW would not unlock. I explained it to her, and she was able to get in and drive away thanking me A LOT. I have sent a letter to the city of San Diego telling them they need to put up signage warning folks about this issue. So far, nothing has happened, but that is NORMAL for the city of San Diego, same group blocking a new stadium for the Chargers..
Old 12-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

I guess it could possibly be something interferring but I don't know what would have gotten pushed to lock the car. The button on the outside of the doors isn't that sensitive that just brushing up against it would lock. You do have to really push it. And the auto lock feature wouldn't engage since I had opened the door after unlocking.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:01 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry about the outcome...unfortunately acura locks suck...thats why i got rid of my 2014
Old 12-21-2014, 07:08 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,241 Likes on 1,028 Posts
Originally Posted by XxRoCkMaNxNEOxX
sorry about the outcome...unfortunately acura locks suck...thats why i got rid of my 2014
Your locks bothered you so much you got rid of your MDX?
Old 12-22-2014, 08:38 AM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Did you have the same problem I had? What were your issues?
Old 12-22-2014, 11:13 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AMIC
Did you have the same problem I had? What were your issues?
Doors wouldnt unlock when they were suppose to or lock when i wanted them to. I got rid of the car because the just was manufactured like crap. End result came out to be my headliner was taken apart and the whole rear panel of my car was replaced. Brakes had to be redone etc. The car was just crap and on top of that I had to get my windshield replaced because the windshield is weak.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,241 Likes on 1,028 Posts
Doors wouldnt unlock when they were suppose to or lock when i wanted them to. I got rid of the car because the just was manufactured like crap. End result came out to be my headliner was taken apart and the whole rear panel of my car was replaced. Brakes had to be redone etc. The car was just crap and on top of that I had to get my windshield replaced because the windshield is weak.
Sorry to hear and maybe at some point down the line you might give Acura another chance. We have done very well with our Acuras and Hondas.

What did you replace the MDX with?