Ceramic Wax/Coating

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 10:01 AM
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Ceramic Wax/Coating

First off, I am just a regular guy and don't represent any company or product. I just want to share my experience should other be in the same situation as I was. When we bought our new MDX in 2018, I inquired with a few detail places about ceramic coating. After hearing the prices, I decided to pass on those options. After several videos and testimonials, I decided to take the plunge and do it myself with Griot's Garage products.

I began by hand washing the MDX throughly. Then pulled it into the garage to start the process. First I clay-barred the entire car with Griot's clay and speed shine. I never did that before and was amazed at how easy and effecting that process is. Next I taped all non-painted surfaces prior to polishing. Next up I pulled out my new G9 polisher, microfiber pad, and Boss Perfecting cream and hit every painted surface. Car barely had any scratches or swirl marks so only this lightest polishing was needed. Then I applied the Griots Ceramic 3 in 1 wax and did the entire car, waited 24hrs and then gave it the recommended 2nd coat. There is a video (
) that covers best practices for this product that is worth your time. I had a catalog coupon for the blue edgeless microfiber towels, and I am glad I did, they worked very well.

After I was done, I was happy with the results. The paint was smoother and slicker than I have ever felt. A few days later my wife took the MDX out and got poured on while driving on the freeway. When she came home there wasn't a spot on the car, I thought she was lying about the rain. Next day, same thing. I couldn't believe it. Not. A. Spot. I bought the ceramic speed shine to touch up when needed, and a foaming sprayer to use with the Griot's 3 in 1 Ceramic Wash when the time comes, which should help extend the effectiveness of the protection. This should further be extended as the car is garage kept, and not driven every day.

Anywho, I just wanted to share my experiences in case they were of value to anyone else. I am VERY happy with the results, it was certainly worth my time and money.

I am not testifying that these are the best products, or they are better than anything else. This is the path I took, and the experience I had. Your mileage may vary.

Are are 2 pics after the car was driven in during rain, on the freeway, w/o me touch it in ANY way. So cool. As well as tape off pic and the products I used.

The following 2 users liked this post by NeoGeoH:
JayhawkRX (10-13-2021), JohnWilson (12-09-2022)