Auto Dimming Feature

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016 | 09:01 AM
10th Gear

Auto Dimming Feature

Greetings.

I hve a 2015 MDX Tech & Entertainment System.

Recently, a big branch landed on my MDX causing 19K worth of damage. Everything was restored correctly with the exception of the Entertainment system and the tailgate which needs to be adjusted.

Since I haven't seen the MDX in 5 weeks, I don't remember if the green light on the auto dimming feature should be lit or not. I know I have the green light on the rear view mirror on my '08 Type S TL.

So, the question I ask is if the '15 MDX ever had a green light indicator to let me know it's working or not?

I did a search on Google and it stated that the green light indicator is on the '15 RDX.

Thanks in aadvance.

Ken
Old 05-19-2016 | 10:40 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by njvike
Greetings.

I hve a 2015 MDX Tech & Entertainment System.

Recently, a big branch landed on my MDX causing 19K worth of damage. Everything was restored correctly with the exception of the Entertainment system and the tailgate which needs to be adjusted.

Since I haven't seen the MDX in 5 weeks, I don't remember if the green light on the auto dimming feature should be lit or not. I know I have the green light on the rear view mirror on my '08 Type S TL.

So, the question I ask is if the '15 MDX ever had a green light indicator to let me know it's working or not?

I did a search on Google and it stated that the green light indicator is on the '15 RDX.

Thanks in advance.

Ken
The Acura dealership is telling me the the two openings or slots under the mirror are for detection to indicate whether the dimming feature should be turned on or not but I could swear that there was a green indicator light to indicate the dimming feature is on or off like it does on my '08 Type S. I know the green light for the dimming feature has the light on the 2015 RDX. I guess they removed the green light indicator on these news MDX vehicles?????
Old 05-19-2016 | 10:51 AM
10th Gear

I looked at te 2016 MDX to see if it had a green light indicator and the rear view mirror has been changed to where there are no indicator lights so I tired a customers 2015 and I didn't see the location where the green light should be under the rear view mirror and no green light was present which makes me tend to believe that Acura remove the green light indicator to show it was on. I guess not having the vehicle for 5 weeks made me forget where everything was. I know the green light indicator for the rear view mirror had a indicator on my '08 TL Type S and when I did a lookup on the net that the 2015 RDX has the green ight working to indicate power. I guess for not using the MDX for 6 weeks after succumbing to $19K worth of damage mad me forget?
Old 05-19-2016 | 11:04 AM
Banned

Wow, that MDX took a pretty good hit.
Old 05-19-2016 | 01:34 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by mdx001
Wow, that MDX took a pretty good hit.
Unfortunately, it did but did not even take the brunt of the tree. One car was totaled with only 65K miles. The MD wasn't totaled since it didn't meet the threshold of $24K at which point the insurance company would have totaled it. New windshield and tailgate with glass. New roof along with the entertainment system. New hood and fender. Headlights and tail lights. Basically, an entire paint job since there were scratches all over.

Funny thing is it took me sometime to remember how to use all the gadgets again. The only thing I don't remember is if the rearview mirror with the auto dimming feature had a green light to indicate if it was on. Dealer says no. Am I confusing this with my '08 TL Type S? I did a search on this and the '15 RDX does have a green light that's on for the auto dimming feature.

I looked at the '16 MDX and it doesn't have the same rear view mirror that has the place for the green light and the two small openings which I guess are for detection of highbeams being used by the vehicle behind you. I can swear that it did have a green light present to indicate the dimming feature was enabled.