Acuralink super slow

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 04:13 PM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
Acuralink super slow

Every time I open the app it takes around 3 minutes to update the the data. If I send a command to the car, it takes a bit less than that.
The above occurs under good LTE signal or wifi from home.
Are you experiencing the same?
Old 10-17-2019, 08:23 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 312 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by Lalin
Every time I open the app it takes around 3 minutes to update the the data. If I send a command to the car, it takes a bit less than that.
The above occurs under good LTE signal or wifi from home.
Are you experiencing the same?
There are three different pieces that can cause delay in the AcuraLink commands being completed. First is the signal at your phone. Second is the signal that the vehicle is receiving. And third is the server that's brokering the communication between the car and the phone. Some days the response from a data update happens within a few seconds. Others it can take a few minutes. Other times it doesn't work the first time and you have to re-request the action on your phone. Sending a command to the car (lock, locate, etc) seems to be quicker than just updating the data based on my observation over the past couple of years. This inconsistency is the reason I'm not a fan of the new RDX's mode of remote start only via AcuraLink unless you pay extra for the physical fob like the MDX uses.....
Old 10-17-2019, 12:01 PM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by andysinnh
There are three different pieces that can cause delay in the AcuraLink commands being completed. First is the signal at your phone. Second is the signal that the vehicle is receiving. And third is the server that's brokering the communication between the car and the phone. Some days the response from a data update happens within a few seconds. Others it can take a few minutes. Other times it doesn't work the first time and you have to re-request the action on your phone. Sending a command to the car (lock, locate, etc) seems to be quicker than just updating the data based on my observation over the past couple of years. This inconsistency is the reason I'm not a fan of the new RDX's mode of remote start only via AcuraLink unless you pay extra for the physical fob like the MDX uses.....
So it is not just me...
I found the app is always slow. I never experienced response within seconds.
By contrast, the app for my wife’s XC60 is always snappy and there are no delays. It actually opens with the updated data.
Sending a command to the car takes a few seconds.