2016 Acura MDX Ipod Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 11:15 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 Acura MDX Ipod Issues

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone is running into the same issue that I'm having with my Iphone and the Ipod function with the MDX. I have a 2016 Acura MDX with ADV+ENT. It was purchased last year in Sept. I have an Iphone 6S and it was working fine when I used the USB plug to charge the phone and connect to the Ipod function of the radio to play music directly from my phone. Within the past 2 weeks, I've been unable to play any music from my Iphone. When I plug in my phone, and click on the "Ipod" button from the console, the screen will display "Loading" for a few minutes and then I'll eventually receive an "UNSUPPORTED" message. I thought that maybe it was the cord, but when I used another cord, I still received the same message. My wife has an Iphone 6 and when plugged in, it works. I'm not sure if she has the latest iOS. I'm at 9.2.1 with my phone which is the latest iOS from Apple, so I'm unsure if that's causing the issue.

Has anyone experienced this sort of issue? Tips or tricks that I can do with my phone or the car?

Possible software update on the dealer side?

I'm not sure if I'll have a leg to stand on if I bring this to the dealer and someone plugs in their Iphone and it works.

Thanks!
Old 03-02-2016, 01:30 PM
2016 MDX Adv/SHAWD

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
If it used to work, then you updated the phone and it doesn't but someone with older SW still works my guess is it's due to the new SW. Could always call your dealer and see if there are any updates for the entertainment system software which might help.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:41 PM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
it's likely you're looking at a cable degradation or a port issue in the non-loading iPhone. attempt to sync both iPhones to the computer and if one works and the other doesn't using the same cable then you have a port issue. 90% of these cases is usually just a cheap cable going bad, but i usually don't give that much credit to oem cables either since they can't take much of a good beating.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:51 AM
Wolfgang Gullich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd say it's due to a software update on the phone side. Apple has a long history of screwing up things that worked with updates and it's their responsibility to make sure it's going to remain compatible with 'compatible' devices.

FWIW, I use an iPod Classic 120...hasn't been a update on that thing in years and it works perfectly with the MDX
Old 04-28-2016, 09:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I actually had this happen to me today when I took delivery of my 2016 MDX. I plugged in my iPod and it said "loading" for a minute, then eventually "unsupported." The sales guy helped me get it working but I'm not sure exactly what he did. I know first he tried setting it up to connect via bluetooth, which connected but didn't play, then he somehow connected it directly. I'm still learning how to use the infotainment on this thing, it's all new to me at this point so I'm not sure what he did to get it working, but it does work now.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:51 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
I actually had this happen to me today when I took delivery of my 2016 MDX. I plugged in my iPod and it said "loading" for a minute, then eventually "unsupported." The sales guy helped me get it working but I'm not sure exactly what he did. I know first he tried setting it up to connect via bluetooth, which connected but didn't play, then he somehow connected it directly. I'm still learning how to use the infotainment on this thing, it's all new to me at this point so I'm not sure what he did to get it working, but it does work now.
In my case, it had something to do with my iOS update. Check to make sure that your iPhone has the latest update. Since my phone has been updated, I haven't had any issues.