2014-2015 Acura MDX PowerSteering Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 05:29 AM
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by jayth.lg
I am in the process of switching brand, either Lexus or Infiniti.
Lexus. Infiniti QX/JX has tranny issues!!!
Old 04-21-2015, 08:00 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks

Originally Posted by Tigmd99
I never had tranny issue with my toyota venza, hehe
Old 05-11-2015, 11:02 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just traded a 2011 QX 56 with 98,000 miles and never had a transmission issue or anything else for that matter. It was driven pretty aggressively also.

Hopefully the 2016 MDX we just purchased will be as reliable as the Infiniti.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:02 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by edadams3
Just traded a 2011 QX 56 with 98,000 miles and never had a transmission issue or anything else for that matter. It was driven pretty aggressively also.

Hopefully the 2016 MDX we just purchased will be as reliable as the Infiniti.
Please do keep us posted.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:45 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 Mdx here.Been great so far,except thumping noise from rear shocks over potholes at low speed.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 360 Likes on 319 Posts
OP - I know by now you probably think that Acura totally sucks but you have to realize this can happen to any car makes / models, if there would be quite a few MDX owners with this problem than I would stay away from Acura. I know we all think technology is cool and it is but it also sucks and this is a perfect example why it sucks. Cars now a days are loaded with technology and even the manufactures / dealers can't figure the problems. Technology is very nice until it starts giving problems.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 360 Likes on 319 Posts
But with that being said Acura needs to step up here and do the right thing which would be give you a replacement and not wait until someone gets hurt or killed. I really think that it is very stupid that a Acura doesn't want to lose 20-50K but their okay with risking someone getting into an accident and possibly getting hurt and or killed, that's just BS.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:43 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jakes_tl
OP - I know by now you probably think that Acura totally sucks but you have to realize this can happen to any car makes / models, if there would be quite a few MDX owners with this problem than I would stay away from Acura. I know we all think technology is cool and it is but it also sucks and this is a perfect example why it sucks. Cars now a days are loaded with technology and even the manufactures / dealers can't figure the problems. Technology is very nice until it starts giving problems.

Thanks Jake for your concern, if it happens again, I will not waste my times and breath with Acura anymore; and will let the Attorney handles it. Also I have a letter from Acura's Case District Manager, stated that my case isn't qualified for the Buyback Program due to the vehicle has been repaired. This is non-sense because I requested for the Buyback prior authorize the dealership to repair the vehicle (as advised by the Lemon Law attorney, vehicle must be in for the repair 3-4 times in order to enforce Lemon Law)

You are right, vehicles with too much technologies are subjected to failures, I am the unfortunately individual with a defective vehicle.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:33 PM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
weird....I thought tranny issues were well known Honda/Acura issues.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:46 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by orion603
weird....I thought tranny issues were well known Honda/Acura issues.
I agreed.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:51 PM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
JX/QX has issues from when they changed the type of CVT that was in it. They went from belt to chain driven or vice versa, and ever since then the transmissions have been failing randomly. Juttering when going 20mph or so around a turn seems to be the symptom.

Its also the same transmission in the Pathfinder, and the problems are more prevalent there because they sell a lot more Pathys than QX.

I just test drove a '16 MDX today and the ONLY thing that prevents me from buying it ASAP is the 9 speed. I see its having issues in Chrysler products, and there are complaints about it in the TLX too.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:11 AM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Does this relate to the Steering problems?
Old 05-29-2015, 11:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by tman
Does this relate to the Steering problems?
The folks just chimed in with general information.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:52 PM
Racer

I hear you. Someone should start a General information thread.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:51 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jayth.lg
Thanks Jake for your concern, if it happens again, I will not waste my times and breath with Acura anymore; and will let the Attorney handles it. Also I have a letter from Acura's Case District Manager, stated that my case isn't qualified for the Buyback Program due to the vehicle has been repaired. This is non-sense because I requested for the Buyback prior authorize the dealership to repair the vehicle (as advised by the Lemon Law attorney, vehicle must be in for the repair 3-4 times in order to enforce Lemon Law)

You are right, vehicles with too much technologies are subjected to failures, I am the unfortunately individual with a defective vehicle.
What does that mean? Does that mean the vehicle has a repaired title because it was once a salvage title? Or 'repaired' as it was the steering components were repaired by the dealer?

I am just curious that's all and whether the guy is just throwing BS.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:57 PM
Racer

No, it is repaired in Acura's record, not for titling purposes. From my interpretation, the OP had steering repaired twice. It did not qualify for Lemon Law. Acura said it was repaired, so there is no claim. Im guessing if steering issue comes up again, he will have a good case for LL claim. If you read the entire thread, I think you will understand.
The following users liked this post:
manera (06-02-2015)
Old 06-09-2015, 05:43 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by manera
What does that mean? Does that mean the vehicle has a repaired title because it was once a salvage title? Or 'repaired' as it was the steering components were repaired by the dealer?

I am just curious that's all and whether the guy is just throwing BS.
Yes, TMan is correct, according to the letter from Acura's Case District Manager, Emerick (his name), since I requested for the Acura's Buyback, but Acura declined due to the vehicle has been repaired (by Acura's dealership).

I still have that letter from Acura, so, if it happens again, I will use that letter and present to the Lemon Law lawyer and allow the attorney to do what he does best.

The Lemon Law process between the attorney and Acura will not cost me anything. So that is a positive news.

No, it is repaired in Acura's record, not for titling purposes. From my interpretation, the OP had steering repaired twice. It did not qualify for Lemon Law. Acura said it was repaired, so there is no claim. Im guessing if steering issue comes up again, he will have a good case for LL claim. If you read the entire thread, I think you will understand.
Thank you TMAN!
Old 06-09-2015, 05:46 PM
Racer

So Im guessing that your steering is working as it should. It is good news.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:39 AM
Intermediate

yes. i would like to know if this is the case too.

ty
Old 06-19-2015, 08:03 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by manera
yes. i would like to know if this is the case too.

ty
My apologies for late response, yes, the steering wheel operates as it should. But unsure when it will happen again, just taking day by day.
The following users liked this post:
manera (06-21-2015)
Old 06-25-2015, 08:21 PM
2nd Gear

Steering failure

My 2014 Acura MDX has on occasion made strange almost vibrating sounds when I steer left. Tonight, I stopped at a stop sign and then went to turn left. NOTHING happened. I was turning the wheel but the car did not turn at all.

It is an odd feeling and you think your mind is tricking you because it does not seem possible. It has seemed to stick or freeze before when I first start the car and back out of my driveway, but this was the first time it happened while I was on the road. I pulled straight ahead to the side of the road and then was able to restart the car and get home without issue.

I have told my husband this car is a lemon since the 1st week we had it. I am getting rid of it ASAP.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:26 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Petrocat63
My 2014 Acura MDX has on occasion made strange almost vibrating sounds when I steer left. Tonight, I stopped at a stop sign and then went to turn left. NOTHING happened. I was turning the wheel but the car did not turn at all.

It is an odd feeling and you think your mind is tricking you because it does not seem possible. It has seemed to stick or freeze before when I first start the car and back out of my driveway, but this was the first time it happened while I was on the road. I pulled straight ahead to the side of the road and then was able to restart the car and get home without issue.

I have told my husband this car is a lemon since the 1st week we had it. I am getting rid of it ASAP.
Have you had it into the dealer for the problems you experienced?
Old 07-07-2015, 10:15 PM
Racer

Received 230 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by Petrocat63

This happened from time to time on 2014 models, and I believe there is an electronic update for the buzzing. Have the dealer check it, before jumping the gun for no reason.