Varrstoen Offset Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 11:25 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Varrstoen Offset Question

Hello all,

I've been searching the site for a couple of days now and i'm trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. I found a set on Ebay 19x9.5 es2 +12. I know that this is going to need fender work and was planning on running a 235-35-19 for a tire.

Should I be looking for different offsets to make my life easier? If so what should the ideal offsets be for a 2g with the 19x9.5.

Thanks in advance,

Steve
Old 05-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
I had varrstoens before. 19x9.5 +30 front and +22 rear. I bought them in this size hoping to be flush on simply rolled fenders, no pull yet. By the time I actually put them on though, I had a new financed TSX and so I was able to do all the fender modifications I wanted. So I did, and I flared out all my fenders, cut the liner, relocated the bumper tab etc. Once I put the wheels on, they were no longer aggressive because they were sitting so sunk inside the wheel well.

Thus, my opinion is..as silly as it sounds: if your willing to do fender work, and willing to stretch a tire etc., I think you should just buy the wheel you want first in the size that you want, and then try and make the car fit the wheel. That way, you can modify the fender as necessary to get the exact look you want. One of our members, cwins or something has 18x9.5 +12 varrstoens on his car now so it is definitely doable. Anything in the 12-30 offset range and 9"-10.5" is aggressive for our cars so get anything in that general size and just test fit the wheel, and do the fender modifications as you see fit. My 2 cents for those people who are going to do custom fender work.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by ttk5
I had varrstoens before. 19x9.5 +30 front and +22 rear. I bought them in this size hoping to be flush on simply rolled fenders, no pull yet. By the time I actually put them on though, I had a new financed TSX and so I was able to do all the fender modifications I wanted. So I did, and I flared out all my fenders, cut the liner, relocated the bumper tab etc. Once I put the wheels on, they were no longer aggressive because they were sitting so sunk inside the wheel well.

Thus, my opinion is..as silly as it sounds: if your willing to do fender work, and willing to stretch a tire etc., I think you should just buy the wheel you want first in the size that you want, and then try and make the car fit the wheel. That way, you can modify the fender as necessary to get the exact look you want. One of our members, cwins or something has 18x9.5 +12 varrstoens on his car now so it is definitely doable. Anything in the 12-30 offset range and 9"-10.5" is aggressive for our cars so get anything in that general size and just test fit the wheel, and do the fender modifications as you see fit. My 2 cents for those people who are going to do custom fender work.
pretty much this^, ive tried on varrstoen es3 with 19x9.5+22 and the fronts would not fit without any fender work, you need a slight pull to make them fit. the rears will be okay, but you will need a fender roll. I will go with tt5k on this one. its better to get the wheel you want and mold your fenders around it.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:42 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ttk5

Pretty much exactly what he said, right now im on 18x9.5 +12 and i have stock camber, rolled rear fenders, and rolled+pulled front fenders. because of the pull it made it possible to clear such low offset and such a wide wheel.
our cars can run pretty wide, i have a friend on 20x10.5 +15 on stock camber and his fitment is spot on. Which made me condfident enough, for my next set of wheels to run 18x9.5 and 18x11 in the rears. so really all you need to worry about is making your fender work with your wheels but as ttk said anytinh along the 12-30 range its very doable with little to no work done. id say most youd have to worry about is a fender pull.very very slight pull.