Tein ss vs Megan coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 04:55 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tein ss vs Megan coilovers?

Hey guys I know there's probably like a million different post on coilovers but these are the two that interest me the most. I would just like some feedback on what you think the better one is. The most important thing for me is to not have a bouncy ride, I would like it to feel as stock as possible or better with a nice drop. Still debating if I want to go with a 19 or 20 in wheels. But I know if I go 20 I'm going to have to give it a pretty good stance to look good. Looking to either go Vossen cv1 or forgestar cf10.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts
there is a million different posts about these coilovers, so you should know by the which offer what. as for wheels i say don't get either. Personally i hate vossens. I think you are pay way too much for wheels that aren't even made with the quality of other brands that you can get for the same price. as for forgestars cf10s, ed already has them so it would look like you are just copying him.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:56 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SlickxAc
there is a million different posts about these coilovers, so you should know by the which offer what. as for wheels i say don't get either. Personally i hate vossens. I think you are pay way too much for wheels that aren't even made with the quality of other brands that you can get for the same price. as for forgestars cf10s, ed already has them so it would look like you are just copying him.
Yeah don't do what I did and get the same wheels as ed (who cares)....... Or do it because the cf10s are a good looking wheel (which IMO is very tough to find for 2nd gen TSXs) and forget what anyone else thinks it's your car, do what will ultimately make you happy.
The following users liked this post:
cheezy47 (03-25-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 12:34 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by magicfan3
Yeah don't do what I did and get the same wheels as ed (who cares)....... Or do it because the cf10s are a good looking wheel (which IMO is very tough to find for 2nd gen TSXs) and forget what anyone else thinks it's your car, do what will ultimately make you happy.

Thanks man. Yea it's tough to find a wheels for this car that I like. Especially with the color of car. I haven't seen many people with the vossen cv1 on there tsx but that ones that I have seen look good.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
You wrote: The most important thing for me is to not have a bouncy ride, I would like it to feel as stock as possible or better with a nice drop.

So right away you should remove Megan Racing from the list. I would highly recommend the TEIN coilovers. They are everything you want. I'd recommend the TEIN SS.

http://hoa.excelerateperformance.com.../i-283698.aspx
Old 03-17-2014, 06:05 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i've had megans for a few years now and can't complain... does the job... even with baby in back seat now.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:36 AM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Received 1,112 Likes on 876 Posts
If you don't need adjustability on the stiffness, get the TEIN Street Basis coilovers. They aren't talked about much here, but they're basically TEIN SS at a very soft setting (i.e., like stock). You can save a few bucks via this route, and this is the exact route I'm going when the snow stops in Toronto (not very hopeful though).
Old 03-25-2014, 04:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by xtcnrice
if you don't need adjustability on the stiffness, get the tein street basis coilovers. They aren't talked about much here, but they're basically tein ss at a very soft setting (i.e., like stock). You can save a few bucks via this route, and this is the exact route i'm going when the snow stops in toronto (not very hopeful though).
Old 03-02-2015, 09:33 AM
PROFESSIONAL IDIOT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Would the tein basis or street flex lower the car enough to tuck tire on a 235/30/19?
Or maybe give me a idea of the drop on the stockes?
Thanks guys!
Old 03-03-2015, 07:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by xtcnrice
If you don't need adjustability on the stiffness, get the TEIN Street Basis coilovers. They aren't talked about much here, but they're basically TEIN SS at a very soft setting (i.e., like stock). You can save a few bucks via this route, and this is the exact route I'm going when the snow stops in Toronto (not very hopeful though).
They are technically more like Street Advance / Super Street on the medium setting. They don't have the Basis basline-tuned softer than the SS/SA.

But you are right. This is the way I sell it:

To the customer:
How picky are you? If the ride, to you, is a "little bouncy," is that going to make you upset? Remember, nobody uses the same terms and feel the same thing when talking about subjective matters like this. The SS/SA will allow you to adjust the ride if you don't like it. The Street Basis won't. And we HAVE had customers say they felt the Basis as too firm for them. The SS/SA fixes that situation.

So it is all hinging on if you need of don't need adjustability. If you are going to want to dial in the ride just the way you like it, you need adjustability. If you can forgive the kit if it isn't feeling perfect once in a while...then you don't.

Marcus
If you wanna go over it more, give my a call 949-295-1668
The following users liked this post:
tsxronald (03-11-2015)
Old 03-03-2015, 07:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by V-tecAc
Would the tein basis or street flex lower the car enough to tuck tire on a 235/30/19?
Or maybe give me a idea of the drop on the stockes?
Thanks guys!
If you are trying to tuck the tires, you can get a little bit of that with the Basis at the expense of the ride quality.

The Street Flex is a much better route for more lowering.