Progress rear sway bars for CU2, in stock and shipping NOW

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 02:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Progress rear sway bars for CU2, in stock and shipping NOW

Order here:
http://www.heeltoeauto.com/home.php?cat=3623

Progress anti-roll bars dramatically improve handling. How? They minimize the traction-robbing body "lean" that rolls part of the outside tires off the pavement. Progress Sport-tuned Anti-roll bars from HEELTOEAUTO.com replace skinny OEM bars and rubber bushings with larger diameter (stiffer) alloy steel bars and polyurethane bushings. More roll stiffness means less body "lean", and the tires stay flatter on the pavement (larger contact patches). The result is more grip and added driver control!

-Less body roll means more traction, faster cornering speeds, and increased driver confidence.
-Polyurethane bushings produce crisp response on turn-in.

Progress Anti-roll bars are cold-formed in-house using our custom-built precision bending equipment. Both laser-cut and CNC bar ends are MIG welded in place using a precise fixture for an exact fit.

Anti-sway bars go by many names. Sometimes they are referred to as anti-roll bars, roll bars, or sway bars...but they all do the same exact thing: tie the left and right suspension together so that the car corners flatter.

The sway bar is basically a spring that mounts to the left and right suspension somewhere, then is secured to a solid part of the chassis. It works like a torsion bar, by twisting. Naturally, a larger bar is going to be harder to twist so it is desirable to upgrade the sway bar from stock size to improve handling.

Why only the rear??????

The rear sway bar is the most commonly upgraded suspension part in a front-wheel drive car, after shocks and springs. The rear sway bar helps make up for FF cars' tendency to push, or understeer, into corners. Upgrading the rear sway bar noticeably improves handling on the TSX without compromising ride quality. This part is easily the most Bang for the Buck you are going to get out of your TSX suspension...at least it was on the 1g TSX...and just about any other Honda we've worked on for that matter.

Click here to dramatically improve your handling!:
http://www.heeltoeauto.com/home.php?cat=3623
Old 03-29-2009, 10:32 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sweeeeeet
Old 03-29-2009, 12:37 PM
Former Sponsor

I got a question about Progress the Company. Here is a little background info:

Progress has been around for as long as I have been in the industry, which is easily 13 years +. They are a smaller southern California based company that specialized in Honda/Acura from the very beginning, while the do make parts for a wide variety of cars. They actually got started way back then making coilovers for custom applications. Most unique is the fact they do not "buy" their products, they build everything they have from the ground up on in-house machinery...INCLUDING the coilover kits. In a day where so much is made overseats, these guys truly are Made in America manufacturers.

The sway bars have been really big sellers for the 04-08 TSX and TL models. We installed 3 just this last weekend, and sold 3 others during the week. They have the sway bar market locked up for TSX and TL it seems. The springs are somewhat less popular but by far they are quality pieces. There is "stiff" competition from bigger companies like Eibach and Tein.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fine !!
and when you sale a rear camber kit ?
Old 03-29-2009, 01:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I may have to pick one of these up soon. But I've spent an AWFUL lot of money the past couple months and need a breather.

I too am still waiting for a rear camber kit.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:09 PM
Burning Brakes

BTW Marcus, the description of the bar in your link says "2009+ TL BAR", should say TSX.

What's the diameter of the stock sway bar given that this one is 22mm?
Old 03-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by DerwoodEE
BTW Marcus, the description of the bar in your link says "2009+ TL BAR", should say TSX.

What's the diameter of the stock sway bar given that this one is 22mm?
I believe the rear is 17mm.

Also, I've asked SPC and Ingalls about a tsx rear camber kit and they are at least 6mos away from what I got.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Forget camber kits dudes. I do not recommend them.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
Forget camber kits dudes. I do not recommend them.
Why wouldn't you recommend them?

The Eibachs have caused my car to be -2.5 degrees camber in the rear, which is a little too aggressive for me and I don't want to HAVE to rotate my tires every 3K miles just to keep the inside of the tires from wearing down too quickly.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Because:

1- They generally replace factory parts with inferior parts.
2- They are not good for handling (unless you are tuning for performance, which ironically ADDS negative camber rather than correcting it).
3- They will limit how low of an offset you can run on wheels.
4- The impact of tire wearing is minimal/negligible, ESPECIALLY in the rear where you should see little-no adverse tire wear from camber. Tire wear is a toe issue.
5- In harder driving situations negative camber will promote more even wear (in other words, without camber you will have OUTER wear when cornering harder).

I could probably think of more reasons. Fact of the matter is, you are lowered now and I assume you've gotten an alignment (from the scans you have) and therefore you should monitor your tires to see how much wear you are getting. I betcha it ain't much.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:13 PM
Former Sponsor

EDIT: Damn acurazine not allowing me to amend my post!

Because:

1- They generally replace factory parts with inferior parts.
2- They are not good for handling (unless you are tuning for performance, which ironically ADDS negative camber rather than correcting it). Your contact patch increases when cornering when you have negative camber. Additionally, by altering suspension arm lengths you are indeed changing the suspension geometry of the car. All in the name of looks or perfectionism. Its a shot in the foot if you ask me.
3- They will limit how low of an offset you can run on wheels. Lower offset=looks better!
4- The impact of tire wearing is minimal/negligible, ESPECIALLY in the rear where you should see little-no adverse tire wear from camber. Tire wear is a toe issue. I've seen stock cars with stock height and camber completely torch the insides of the tires because of toe problems. Yet I have owned numerous slammed cars without camber kits that had perfectly acceptable tire wear.
5- In harder driving situations negative camber will promote more even wear (in other words, without camber you will have OUTER wear when cornering harder).
6- I knod thing the neg camber looks cool.

I could probably think of more reasons. Fact of the matter is, you are lowered now and I assume you've gotten an alignment (from the scans you have) and therefore you should monitor your tires to see how much wear you are getting. I betcha it ain't much. Search the 1G TSX and 3G TL forums. I've posted till I'm blue in the fingers on the issue. I still sell lots of camber kits, but I do have a lot of pleased and well rested customers who saved money by not getting them. We consider them purely personal parts and not specifically REQUIRED items.

FYI: Rotating the tires won't reduce the wear. It just spreads it out to all 4 tires instead of just 2. It will make the tires last longer. Rotate every OTHER oil change and change every 3000 miles (thats what we recommend).
Old 03-29-2009, 03:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Thanks for your input Marcus. I'll definitely keep that in the back of my mind.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
Hey marcus, Im seriously interested in the new progress products but curious about how much shipping is to canada compared to within the states. If its a big difference, ill probably get them shipped to the border and pick it up; if not ill just ship it straight to my house. If you could let me know how much shipping is I could make my decision sooner and get these on my car sooner lol thanks
Old 03-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Its actually not too bad shipping to canada. The boxes are not oversized so USPS is totally cool with it. Add to car on heeltoeauto.com and enter post code for shipping price.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:54 AM
Vancouver B.C.

aw man! shipping for springs is 120 straight to my house; but only 43 to the border. guess ill have to save a bit more money lol
Old 03-30-2009, 01:15 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey guys. Is this rear sway bar worth it? Cause I don't want to just put anything on my car and then later on just keep putting on parts on my car (making it a rice rocket car). I'm new to cars and can use a bit of handling. Feedback would be nice. =)
Old 03-30-2009, 08:07 AM
Racer

going from 17mm to 22mm, you will definitely notice a difference in handling.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:37 AM
WTH happened to my garage

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts
Yeah, if it is 17 and now 22mm, that'd be a *huge* difference.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:02 PM
Vancouver B.C.

yea, rear sway bar is something ive been waiting for since the new tsx came out. you will not regret it ever
Old 03-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by march30th1988
hey guys. Is this rear sway bar worth it? Cause I don't want to just put anything on my car and then later on just keep putting on parts on my car (making it a rice rocket car). I'm new to cars and can use a bit of handling. Feedback would be nice. =)
I am not sure how the RSB would turn the car into a rice rocket...

The RSB will definitely give a bit of handling and more!
Old 03-30-2009, 07:19 PM
Racer

Are there any downsides to having a bigger rear sway bar?
Old 03-31-2009, 01:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Ride is impacted very minimally on uneven surfaces only. Most of the time it is basically invisible. There is no downside to having a moderately upgraded RSB like this one that is significant enough to disclaimer it.