LCA Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 05:34 PM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts
LCA Bushings

Has anyone seen replacement bushings other than the PCI spherical compliance bushings?

Mine have some tears and I'm looking to replace them, but don't really want the spherical bushings. Maybe just some decent poly replacements?
Old 12-19-2016, 05:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,576 Likes on 6,626 Posts
Why not OEM?
Old 12-19-2016, 09:51 PM
Racer

Yeah, OEM is fine. Just thought I'd check with the community to see if I missed an option.
Old 12-20-2016, 06:33 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,163 Likes on 874 Posts
Polyurethane is definitely not something you'll want for a compliance bushing. If they lasted a year, I'd be surprised.

Technically, softer rubber bushings would last longer in that position because they'd allow movement more easily.

BUT...

You want something that articulates and allows the LCA to work...while also providing lateral and fore/aft movement resistance.

That's why the OEM bushing has holes and voids in it, and is engineered to a specific durometer.

Buy them from Acura if you plan on buying OEM. Don't buy "oem replacement" aftermarket ones like Moog or similar.
The following 2 users liked this post by BROlando:
t3hhcaptain (12-27-2016), xtcnrice (12-21-2016)
Old 12-27-2016, 01:03 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Roland_Bluntzs
Polyurethane is definitely not something you'll want for a compliance bushing. If they lasted a year, I'd be surprised.

Technically, softer rubber bushings would last longer in that position because they'd allow movement more easily.

BUT...

You want something that articulates and allows the LCA to work...while also providing lateral and fore/aft movement resistance.

That's why the OEM bushing has holes and voids in it, and is engineered to a specific durometer.

Buy them from Acura if you plan on buying OEM. Don't buy "oem replacement" aftermarket ones like Moog or similar.
Thanks for the education! I was planning on buying the actual oem parts from Acura.