Ingalls and SPC camber ball joints

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 10:09 AM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ingalls and SPC camber ball joints

I have been reading around that they are taller than the OEM ball joints. Could those of you with these chime in and confirm? And, if they are, by how much? Thank you.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
I have them on my car and when I go over bumps or potholes, they clunk against the metal above. I am not SLAMMED, but i haven no finger gap. I raised my car up though to 1-2 finger gaps all around for this winter, and had no clunking what so ever. So how low did you want to go? and what are the roads like? I live in Vancouver BC so we have a lot of different terrain.

If you absolutely need to use these SBC joints however, you can cut a hole out in your engine bay where the contact is made when it clunks. Theres a DIY written by rockstar in the TL section. Not a complicated procedure. But my mechanic advised against it saying it could affect the strucutural integrity of the car. Honestly, I think its ok but for me its a LAST resort. Rockstar seems to have no problems. Mechanic said the holes could start to fracture and crack and it could spread like cancer throughout the rest of the car frame and you'd have to replace the frame of the car which is un-realistic so you'd have to buy a totally new car. I think thats a bit of an exageration though haha

Last edited by ttk5; 02-06-2013 at 10:47 AM.
The following users liked this post:
kidkaydubb (02-06-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 11:02 AM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ttk5
I have them on my car and when I go over bumps or potholes, they clunk against the metal above. I am not SLAMMED, but i haven no finger gap. I raised my car up though to 1-2 finger gaps all around for this winter, and had no clunking what so ever. So how low did you want to go? and what are the roads like? I live in Vancouver BC so we have a lot of different terrain.

If you absolutely need to use these SBC joints however, you can cut a hole out in your engine bay where the contact is made when it clunks. Theres a DIY written by rockstar in the TL section. Not a complicated procedure. But my mechanic advised against it saying it could affect the strucutural integrity of the car. Honestly, I think its ok but for me its a LAST resort. Rockstar seems to have no problems. Mechanic said the holes could start to fracture and crack and it could spread like cancer throughout the rest of the car frame and you'd have to replace the frame of the car which is un-realistic so you'd have to buy a totally new car. I think thats a bit of an exageration though haha
Thank you for the reply! I am probably going to be daily driven around "one finger gap", depending on how much I roll and pull. How much negative camber are you getting out of the front, if any?