AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G TSX Tires, Wheels & Suspension (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-tires-wheels-suspension-300/)
-   -   DIY Yellow Calipers (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-tires-wheels-suspension-300/diy-yellow-calipers-812746/)

pbhak002 03-23-2011 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by modesto992 (Post 12808058)
I put plastic thoughout the entire caliper and put it into the crack so it wouldnt drip. i also used caliper paint and applied a very very small coat and waited for it to dry and then re-applied...it took me about 6 hours to do. i didnt just go up to it and paint it...i made sure all the acess paint was off the rotor...ive already hit 120mph two days ago (the painted had cured for 7 days) and when i went to brake i did not have a single problem. my average speed for me is 80 or so and i have no problems..

Alright mr. speedster. I think you should slow down cuz if you get caught for reckless driving then you fuck man. Seriously I knew a guy who was charged with reckless driving and he had so much legal shit, and couldnt even get into college. :whyme: Just take this as a piece of advice, and not as a diss.

KillerG 03-23-2011 04:32 PM

u guys are freaking lame, 120's not such a big deal

pbhak002 03-23-2011 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by KillerG (Post 12808091)
u guys are freaking lame, 120's not such a big deal

Killer just cuz u owe a freaking Bugatti doesnt mean that 120 is slow for all of us. Here is Killer's ticket he once got in his Bugatti. The cop didnt even charged him for reckless driving cause Killer actually decided to stop. Cause if he didnt there's no way a Crown Vic could of caught him. Also Killer's identity is Philip Odegard lol Who knew
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_uuaAc8C3eSA/Ss...g%20ticket.JPG

TSXKid2010 03-23-2011 05:17 PM

H3Y GU1S3. 1 g0 12o mp/h kuz 1'm s0 k3wl.

Modesto!

010tsxcbp 03-23-2011 05:44 PM

I say get rid of the painted calipers and get a BBK! I hate to be the one who says this - yellow calipers should be left on Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and Porsches. Disagree all you want! haha

modesto992 03-23-2011 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by pbhak002 (Post 12808086)
Alright mr. speedster. I think you should slow down cuz if you get caught for reckless driving then you fuck man. Seriously I knew a guy who was charged with reckless driving and he had so much legal shit, and couldnt even get into college. :whyme: Just take this as a piece of advice, and not as a diss.

Well i have a radar that cost me $500 and i have radar jammers...ive never gotten pulled over. im always out driving and know my area really well. i damn radar picks up sand storms!

modesto992 03-23-2011 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by KillerG (Post 12808084)
stop being such a grandma ed

dude, 120??? awesome!!

did you make sure there were people around so they could see how awesome you are?

the road i was on was a straight away and i was the first one at the light...and the other side of traffic was backked up for about 1.3 miles and everyone was looking at me i was str8 crusin!!

KillerG 03-23-2011 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by modesto992 (Post 12808317)
the road i was on was a straight away and i was the first one at the light...and the other side of traffic was backked up for about 1.3 miles and everyone was looking at me i was str8 crusin!!

thats so freakin badass :thumbsup: keep up the good work, i speed whenever i can

got a v1 so the cops never know what hit em

Mr. NC 03-23-2011 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by 010tsxcbp (Post 12808262)
I say get rid of the painted calipers and get a BBK! I hate to be the one who says this - yellow calipers should be left on Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and Porsches. Disagree all you want! haha

This

I'll wait further judgement til the whole car is done

TSXKid2010 03-23-2011 06:42 PM

So you went 120...down what would sound like 65 mph road....in front of a lot of people...dude are you retarded? Not even a cop radar and laser jammer would save you if a cop just happened to be around.

justnspace 03-23-2011 06:53 PM

I leave to go to the gym and the thread does a 180.....

kowloonsniperhk 03-23-2011 06:54 PM

just reckless on the driving. your putting innocent lives in danger because of plain reckless driving.

modesto992 03-23-2011 07:11 PM

Okay...get this str8...ive lived in this area for 18 years. i know what the cops are like. i only speed on certain roads. its a 4 lane road with a median that grass. the 2 lanes that i was in had legit no cars in it. i know how to drive i drive my dads 2010 panamera turbo on a track with other racers. i know how to drive. im not some noobie at this shit. so dont be saying shit when you dont know a single thing about me and where im from..if you dont believe me on a single thing on this thread i can prove you wrong in any way shape or form.

KillerG 03-23-2011 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by justnspace (Post 12808428)
I leave to go to the gym and the thread does a 180.....

dont worry, i am being completely and utterly sarcastic about the speeding. Of course its completely retarded to go 120 on public roads. Darwin award nominee right here

KillerG 03-23-2011 07:24 PM

porsche headlights look like two spaced out boobies on the front of the car...damn those fucking things look fine

kowloonsniperhk 03-23-2011 08:03 PM

that just shows immaturity. its not the driving. i could care less how your ability to drive. its reckless driving on a public road. if you speed with your dad's porsche on the race track than keep it there.

justnspace 03-23-2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by KillerG (Post 12808495)
dont worry, i am being completely and utterly sarcastic about the speeding. Of course its completely retarded to go 120 on public roads. Darwin award nominee right here

i wasnt worried about you.

this kid doesnt know how to do paint the caliper but takes his dads porsche out. LOL

TSXKid2010 03-23-2011 08:11 PM

So what you're saying is that because you know how to drive fast, that makes it right and safe? I was simply pointing out that at 120 MPH, a radar and jammer couldn't save you, cops have eyes.

Daddy drives a Porche, eh? No wonder your so parent sponsored.

Don't worry guys, if he crashes or kills someone or himself, no worries, his daddy can fix it with his money.

justnspace 03-23-2011 08:16 PM

^ i like this guy.

pbhak002 03-23-2011 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by kowloonsniperhk (Post 12808623)
that just shows immaturity. its not the driving. i could care less how your ability to drive. its reckless driving on a public road. if you speed with your dad's porsche on the race track than keep it there.

totally agree^. Here's the thing Modesto, u can be the best race car driver in the world. No one is questioning your driving abilities. Its your judgment that is in question. On public roads you are not in control of everything. How do you know that there maybe a strand car on the road, debris, construction, etc. I really hope you keep it on the track, because the risk of an accident at high speeds on public roads is very high. This risk applies not only to you, but also to other innocent drivers.

010tsxcbp 03-23-2011 08:26 PM

I feel so much teenage angst coming from the OP!

live2hit01 03-23-2011 08:33 PM

this is a great post. the first page is all about how the OP is going to die from breaking! the second page is all about how the OP is going to die from going to fast! third page???? we're setting records here people!

KillerG 03-23-2011 08:39 PM

how can i get rid of my acne guys?

TSXKid2010 03-23-2011 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by KillerG (Post 12808758)
how can i get rid of my acne guys?

Oh dude I got like this great 5 step system and it'll get rid of yo' acne fo'sho.

KillerG 03-23-2011 08:44 PM

does the thing with putting a fresh towel on your pillow every night work?

TSXKid2010 03-23-2011 08:45 PM

Never tried dude!

MrOtocinclus 03-23-2011 08:48 PM

This thread's like a car accident... I know I shouldn't look but I can't help myself.

Mr. NC 03-23-2011 08:49 PM

Nobody likes dangerous driving

This thread =http://stylealchemy.com/ruminations/...gofpopcorn.gif

KillerG 03-23-2011 08:51 PM

i heard one of the biggest source of acne is oil that gets deposited in your pillow, so if you sleep with a fresh towel over your pillow every night itll eliminate that oil from seeping back into your pores and clogging them. Supposedly it works better than even proactive

Mr. NC 03-23-2011 08:52 PM

365 different towels a year...ain't nothing but a G'Thang

TSXKid2010 03-23-2011 08:53 PM

But my pillow feels good ):

I'll keep that in mind though!!

I feel like this acne discussion made me loose all my credibility.

KillerG 03-23-2011 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. NC (Post 12808810)
365 different towels a year...ain't nothing but a G'Thang

Do you not own a washing machine man?

Originally Posted by TSXKid2010 (Post 12808818)
I feel like this acne discussion made me loose all my credibility.

You never had any you scrub

ttk5 03-23-2011 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by kowloonsniperhk (Post 12808623)

:thumbsup:

Wow... I honestly wont be surprised if this becomes one of those threads that goes viral and stuff. Straight up people...dont frikken drive on public roads at these speeds. There is NO justification, no matter how well you know the roads. And Modesto, just cause your brakes were okay the last time you went 120mph, doesnt mean next time will always be the same. And if you were being serious when you said "fuck you" to everybody...then your just really really immature and kind of a dick. Do you know how many threads you posted with questions and this community helped you. Man this thread is crazy lol

TSXKid2010 03-23-2011 08:59 PM

Page one: Dangerous Brakes
Page two: Dangerous Driving
Page three: Acne Advice

Mr. NC 03-23-2011 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by KillerG (Post 12808835)
Do you not own a washing machine man?

Real G's move silent like Lasagna...ooops wrong context...nah I prefer to live the conspicuous consumption lifestyle:tomato:

Real talk after this thread...NO-ONE will ever try yellow calipers ever again

MrOtocinclus 03-23-2011 09:04 PM

Honestly, yellow calipers might not be so bad if they were DONE RIGHT. A: Sprayed the whole damn thing, B: showed only close up pics. So, in essence, both the actual paint job plus the presentation of the thread were doomed from the start.

Regarding ACNE, you guys don't forget diet makes a huge difference. Eat less hamburgers, burritos, french fries, etc. Drink less soda. Eat more salads and vegetables. Less acne.

Oh, and DRINK MILK, right Mr. NC?

KillerG 03-23-2011 09:04 PM

I just wanna inject some seriousness here, stock brake lines are made from rubber and as rubber is an elastic material it is subject to Bwear and tear just like most other components of the car, and while i havent fully researched the topic, it is not a stretch of theR imagination to assume that by covering part of the brake line in caliper paint you are inducing unnatural levels of stress onto that section and over time thisE effect may compound and lead to a rupturing of the break line. Now if anyone with more expertise on the matter would like toA chime in, please be my guest.SI also don't expect them to break anytime soon, but just keep it in considerationT that it may be a factor later on in the life of your carS

Mr. NC 03-23-2011 09:10 PM

Milk is key MrOtocinclus helps build strong bones and helps you grow

Nicely said KillerG I approve

MrOtocinclus 03-23-2011 09:11 PM

My concern was mostly the rubber parts in the brake assembly, and the lubrication of the parts. You've got the caliper pin boots, and the caliper piston boot. Who knows what the paint will do to those rubber parts? Then, you're basically replacing your lubes with dried paint. It's probably unlikely, but it could cause something to seize up, and then... back to page 1.

TSXKid2010 03-23-2011 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by MrOtocinclus (Post 12808866)
Honestly, yellow calipers might not be so bad if they were DONE RIGHT. A: Sprayed the whole damn thing, B: showed only close up pics. So, in essence, both the actual paint job plus the presentation of the thread were doomed from the start.

Regarding ACNE, you guys don't forget diet makes a huge difference. Eat less hamburgers, burritos, french fries, etc. Drink less soda. Eat more salads and vegetables. Less acne.

Oh, and DRINK MILK, right Mr. NC?

Mr. Oto,Ii think thatLon a car styledilike the TSX, yellowkwouldn't go withethe overall mood of the car,Byou know? Just like onlyocertain cars (i.e. Lambo,oFerrari, Porche, Lexus LFA, etc.) can pull off yellow paint, whereas it would lookbstupid, like a taxi stupid, on a carssuch as the TSX? I believe that is is the case with these brakes as well.

That too as well with the acne, stay away from oily food guys!!

KillerG 03-23-2011 09:15 PM

the yellow wouldve been nice if it were bronze instead and went with a matching bronze lip on some rims or something. urine yellow is just like woah, my eyes are bleeding after going back to page 1.

and yeah i have a really oily diet :( i need to lose weight or girls will never like me

MrOtocinclus 03-23-2011 09:19 PM

Yes, agreed, the yellow will never work on the TSX.

Did some more research and here's what will happen when the caliper pin boots break, and the caliper pin lube dries/runs out: the brakes will no longer disengage when you let go of the pedal (sort of like the issue that caused the brake settlement) and if it's serious you'll basically be driving with your foot on the brakes all the time. That equals heat and if bad enough brake fluid boils and byebye brakes. Also, brakes and gas at the same time will kill your torque converter if you're AT.

ttk5 03-23-2011 09:23 PM

Modesto, all hate aside, you should atleast consider and acknowledge some of the useful info being posted in this thread.

KillerG 03-23-2011 09:31 PM

yeah, it would really help with your acne situation

pbhak002 03-23-2011 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by KillerG (Post 12808904)
the yellow wouldve been nice if it were bronze instead and went with a matching bronze lip on some rims or something. urine yellow is just like woah, my eyes are bleeding after going back to page 1.

and yeah i have a really oily diet :( i need to lose weight or girls will never like me

bronze would actually look very good on a TSX. Dude its our culture to eat oily food. We cant help it. lol :thumbsup:

Mr. NC 03-23-2011 09:39 PM

I stole this idea from the VIP guys but a metallic color with sparkle kinda looks cool...depends on the rim tho as well

TSXKid2010 03-23-2011 09:45 PM

i think that the brakes depends on the wheels...just yellow wouldn't go with any wheels. I think I may go with a dark blue colour, but not sure if it would look alrite, eiher that or red, i'm going with a white/blue theme though

pbhak002 03-23-2011 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by TSXKid2010 (Post 12809004)
i think that the brakes depends on the wheels...just yellow wouldn't go with any wheels. I think I may go with a dark blue colour, but not sure if it would look alrite, eiher that or red, i'm going with a white/blue theme though

Im going with classy look so ill probably go with silver, once i can afford brembo brakes. lol Or i can be cheap and buy brembo decals ROFL lol

Mr. NC 03-23-2011 09:50 PM

Dark blue = Endless brakes bro!

Just promise it isn't a white/baby blue combo cuz that would be epic

Wait I lie if you can pull it off more power to you

KillerG 03-23-2011 09:52 PM

Dont forget your VTEC stickers boys

TSXKid2010 03-23-2011 09:53 PM

Yeah i was thinking Endless brakes!!

But I was thinking like a darker blue. BluexWhite is amazing. Gotta keep it classy though...

pbhak, you got one of the classiest colours to get too!

Mr. NC 03-23-2011 10:07 PM

Endless brakes are navy...any darker than that and thats practically black no?

pbhak since you got the rose colour bronze would be dope me thinks...or a high polish #WINNING

KillerG 03-23-2011 10:11 PM

flaked silver would also look flawless on basque red

TSXKid2010 03-23-2011 10:12 PM

Oh is it? I thought they were like teal! LOL! Then i guess i'm going with them! Plus Endless looks cooler the Brembo on the brakes. Chick will be all over me :thumbsup: LOL

justnspace 03-23-2011 10:12 PM

Nice, I come back and the thread is back on topic.
GJ fellas.