DIY Euro Sport Suspension Install & Crude Front Toe Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 08:12 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DIY Euro Sport Suspension Install & Crude Front Toe Alignment

Here are some of the pictures taken when installing the Euro Sport Suspesion Kit on my 2010. As time allows I'll put together a step by step of what we did but the pics may help some visualize & make the leap to do it. Start with the car on flat ground, with the steering wheel and tires straight, measure & record the factory toe position. After the suspension has been installed adjust the front toe back to the original position but then get a proffesional alignment done! The process was pretty easy, need two people and 2 hours.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
lol i see you used my jack method :-P its bad ass aint it? But your pictures don't diy anything with out explaining them lolol its almost as useless as my thread was about this :-P
Old 11-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tishkevich
lol i see you used my jack method :-P its bad ass aint it? But your pictures don't diy anything with out explaining them lolol its almost as useless as my thread was about this :-P

The jack worked pretty well. If you click on the pics they each have a caption explaining what was happening but I agree more explaination is needed. And, I don't know why the captions don't show on the post?
Old 11-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You're just asking for something to go wrong by using the scissor jack. That's not a smart move, at all.

I got 3 of the 4 springs in myself simply by using my own leverage and strength (and I'm not a big guy, 6'1" 160lbs). The last one all I needed was the help of a neighbor to push down the control arm while I pulled out and put in the spring.

An extra hand and a prybar go a long way. For anyone reviewing this and thinking about installing your own springs/coilovers, DO NOT use the scissor jack as shown.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DerwoodEE
You're just asking for something to go wrong by using the scissor jack. That's not a smart move, at all.

I got 3 of the 4 springs in myself simply by using my own leverage and strength (and I'm not a big guy, 6'1" 160lbs). The last one all I needed was the help of a neighbor to push down the control arm while I pulled out and put in the spring.

An extra hand and a prybar go a long way. For anyone reviewing this and thinking about installing your own springs/coilovers, DO NOT use the scissor jack as shown.
We didn't need to apply much pressure with the jack but a long prybar would do the trick.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
Nice job

Have you taken your car to the alignment shop yet?
Old 11-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 09TSXTech
Nice job

Have you taken your car to the alignment shop yet?
Yes, based on the experience of many here I waited about 5 days before getting the alignment done. We had done a pretty good job of at least balancing the front Toe as both sides measured 5/16" before the shop did there thing.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 215 Likes on 169 Posts
Hey, thanks for posting the pictures of your install. Is there any chance that you could scan the instructions and post them as well? I am salivating at the prospect of step-by-step instructions for installing springs.

I'm in the Bay Area as well so if it's too much trouble, I could scan the instructions and then post them as a PDF. Think we could work something out? Send me a PM if so...
Old 11-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 215 Likes on 169 Posts
Originally Posted by DerwoodEE
The last one all I needed was the help of a neighbor to push down the control arm while I pulled out and put in the spring.
DerwoodEE, I would like to clarify something: when you say "pulled out the spring" do you mean you pulled out the entire damper/spring assembly? Or you just pulled the spring out of the damper and slid the new one in its place?
Old 11-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by MrOtocinclus
Hey, thanks for posting the pictures of your install. Is there any chance that you could scan the instructions and post them as well? I am salivating at the prospect of step-by-step instructions for installing springs.

I'm in the Bay Area as well so if it's too much trouble, I could scan the instructions and then post them as a PDF. Think we could work something out? Send me a PM if so...

The instructions don't offer that much detail, they refer to the shop manual. However I do have a PDF version but have not figured out how to post that format here on the zine. Glad to help get you going, it is easier to do than one might expect. PM your way shortly.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MrOtocinclus
DerwoodEE, I would like to clarify something: when you say "pulled out the spring" do you mean you pulled out the entire damper/spring assembly? Or you just pulled the spring out of the damper and slid the new one in its place?
The full assembly. You can't pull out just the spring because you need to compress the spring and remove the top plate.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Instructor

I received a few PM requests for more detail; so click on and enlarge each of the photographs to see a discription of what we did during the process. I hope it helps.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:36 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please give details. I'm in SJ also. I'm waiting on my suspension (tein ss) to come in and i plan on installing them with a bit of help.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:13 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Supreme
Please give details. I'm in SJ also. I'm waiting on my suspension (tein ss) to come in and i plan on installing them with a bit of help.
Hey Supreme, Send me a PM, we'll get you the info you need.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Instructor

Euro Sport Kit Installation Instructions Posted

Below find the JPG version of the install instructions that came with the kit. Click on each image to enlarge. Thanks 09TSXTech for the PDF file!!

Old 02-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
ok thread revival.
I have my H&R lowering springs and I would love to try and DIY it...I really dont want to pay $180+ for an install. I just want to know what you guys suggest? I've never installed springs before so how hard do you guys think it will be? Do I need any special tools? Do I ever have to go under the car like when I install an exhaust? Is there a serious chance I can screw up my car? Please help
Old 03-21-2011, 08:43 AM
Instructor

I have received a couple of messages related to this thread so it's time to revive it.

The install is easy, you need to be smart and safe. Two of us got the job done in less than 90 minutes.