Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 vs Nitto Motivo

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 06:16 PM
5th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 vs Nitto Motivo

Hello all,

I am officially on the market for new tires! My current set of Dunlops are beginning to resemble racing slicks which doesn't instill the most confidence especially in this bipolar NJ weather. This week, DiscountTire is having a Memorial Day sale meaning I can pick up a set of the DWS06s for a steal of the deal. However, I have begun to read up on the Nitto Motivo and many say its a great all season tire that rivals the DWS06. I need an all season tire that will perform well in the dry and wet, as well as the snow that the NorthEast. Anyone have any experience with one or both tires that would be able to help me out by posting their opinions and feedback toward either product? Much appreciated!
Old 05-26-2017, 08:47 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no experience with Nitto Motivo. But, I have the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 for daily commute driving for about 18K mi so far. There is no snow where I live. The DWS06 tires are very sticky when they are new (first few hundred miles). They don't feel as sticky afterward. In general, I am happy with the dry and wet performance. The down side is that my average gas mileage dropps from 26mpg with the stock Michelin to 24mpg with the DSW06.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:13 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put 4 Continental Pure Contact on our 2012 TSX wagon for the Summer. They are pretty quiet and seem to be as good as the ContiPro's that came off...
Old 06-01-2017, 09:48 AM
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
14 or so days in on some new DWS06's. They are a great tire - and I can say that emphatically as I live in this bipolar state of NJ too. I owned the previous generation of DWS and the sidewalls were soft, but they remedied that with these tires. Go that route if you haven't already.