VSA, Power Steering, Emissions and P0335

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 11:35 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VSA, Power Steering, Emissions and P0335

Just had our 2014 TSX wagon towed to the dealer. Drove around Sunday and all was well. Got up in the morning, went to start it and it gave four issues:
Check VSA
Check Power Steering (no assist)
Check Emissions (it’s not the gas cap)
P0335 Crankshaft position (couldn’t clear it)
Battery is good

Dealer came back with “broken harness” containing the sensor wiring. Acura wanted to inspect before replacement, Dealer said they hadn’t seen that one. The P0335 makes sense with the emissions but I can only assume the VSA and power steering were also affected with the wiring. Weird. There were no intermittent symptom. One day good, next day bad.

One thing we did notice since we bought it new was if you quickly went from key off to start, sometimes it wouldn’t start or it would run really rough. If you turned the key to run and waited a second or two, it would always start and be smooth. It was almost like the PCM either wasn’t ready for a start or some modules hadn’t started talking.

Luckily we have the Acura extended warranty ( 77k miles.) I am waiting to hear the final fix if it’s not just the harness. I wonder if they wilt or it back to me. The nearest dealer was 105 miles away and Honda can’t to cross warranty.

Last edited by awats; 07-11-2019 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-09-2021, 08:03 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am having the same symptoms on a 2010 TSX. Did they figure out what it was in your case?

Originally Posted by awats
Just had our 2014 TSX wagon towed to the dealer. Drove around Sunday and all was well. Got up in the morning, went to start it and it gave four issues:
Check VSA
Check Power Steering (no assist)
Check Emissions (it’s not the gas cap)
P0335 Crankshaft position (couldn’t clear it)
Battery is good

Dealer came back with “broken harness” containing the sensor wiring. Acura wanted to inspect before replacement, Dealer said they hadn’t seen that one. The P0335 makes sense with the emissions but I can only assume the VSA and power steering were also affected with the wiring. Weird. There were no intermittent symptom. One day good, next day bad.

One thing we did notice since we bought it new was if you quickly went from key off to start, sometimes it wouldn’t start or it would run really rough. If you turned the key to run and waited a second or two, it would always start and be smooth. It was almost like the PCM either wasn’t ready for a start or some modules hadn’t started talking.

Luckily we have the Acura extended warranty ( 77k miles.) I am waiting to hear the final fix if it’s not just the harness. I wonder if they wilt or it back to me. The nearest dealer was 105 miles away and Honda can’t to cross warranty.