Please help. 2013 TSX having starting issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 04:13 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help. 2013 TSX having starting issues

I have a 2013 TSX which started giving me starting trouble. It used to stall some times (once a month) when I am standing on signal light or stop sign so I put cheveron fuel cleaner along with costco premium fuel and since that day it has been giving me starting trouble.

It does gives a cranking sound but will not start some time, as if the fuel is not reaching the engine. I will let sit for a few minutes and it will start one the first crank after that. This has been an on going issues and I have showed it to 3 different mechanics and since they cannot repeat the issues the cannot find anything wrong with it. One mechanic kept it for few days, had that happen to him once and said that the fuel pump was ok, but he said there was an electrical issue. We change 2 relays which were related to fuel injection, no change.

I went and cleaned throttle body and MAF sensor, on change. I love the car, just bought it 5 months ago, but now don't know how to resolve this. If any one has any experience with similar issue or any suggestion. Please let me know. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:38 AM
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 123 Posts
Engine turns over but no start/run is either a fuel delivery problem or ignition fault (no spark). Suggest to find out which by attempting to start (when no-start presented) w/ throttle body cleaner sprayed into air intake duct for 10-15 secs. If no start persists, ignition (no spark) is problem. if engine starts briefly, then fuel delivery is problem (bad fuel pump, wiring, connector).

good luck