Bluetooth feedback - blown speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth feedback - blown speakers?

Before bluetooth issue... took my car by the dealership a few days ago about leather coming off my driver's seat, and they said it looked to them like the leather had never been put on correctly in the first place, and the seat would need to be completely removed and worked on that way.. so that kind of blows. Kind of wish that would have worked out better.

But I digress... I was driving along the other day, had the radio on (XM, I believe), and got a phone call on my cell. Typically, I get the standard ring that comes through the speakers in the car, as well as the phone ringing itself. This time, my only indication of my phone even ringing was tremendously loud feedback coming through the speakers of my car (think microphone too close to speaker.. high pitched screech). It hurt the hell out of my ears, and once I answered my phone it stopped. Also, my speakers sounded blown afterward, with static and weird sound frequencies. After I turned the car off and back on, the speakers sounded much better, but I'm not positive they're back to the way they originally were (maybe half blown?). It's not definite that there's anything wrong with them.. too hard to tell.. but I'm thinking about asking the dealership to replace them under warranty anyway. What do you guys think? I mean it was definitely a problem with the Bluetooth system.

BTW, I have an LG Chocolate.. which is on Acura's Bluetooth compatability list.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:04 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
I don't think your speakers are blown. They are either blown or not. Of course you can tell if they are blown in the lower sound range (bass). They would have a fluttering sound to them. I'd have the dealership check to make sure the system is set up properly.