Any current sweet lease deals on the SE 6MT?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 08:29 AM
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts
Any current sweet lease deals on the SE 6MT?

I'm curious if there are any sweet lease deals on the TSX SE 6MT that anyone is aware of. I'd like to know the money factor (36 or 39months) and resdiuals rates as I can calculate the payment from there. Thanks!
Old 04-28-2014, 03:26 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,277 Likes on 952 Posts
Originally Posted by cammy5
I'm curious if there are any sweet lease deals on the TSX SE 6MT that anyone is aware of. I'd like to know the money factor (36 or 39months) and resdiuals rates as I can calculate the payment from there. Thanks!
Is this a problem or a fix?

A few things to ponder. TSX sales are very slow. The even slower MT sales are in the toilet. Tell the dealer that you'll "settle" for a MT if they make you a deal.

The MT lease rates are no different from the auto rates, but you should be able to get a cheaper price on the MT because they are such slow sellers outside of a very small enthusiast community. The dealer thinks you want a MT and he'll play up the "there aren't many around..." card. He thinks you'll "settle" for the MT and he'll make you a deal because he really, really, really wants to get that dog off his lot.

"Gee, I don't know. I could probably learn to drive a MT but my girlfriend/wife/SO won't learn. It would have to be a really good deal."

Remember that you need to negotiate the price of the car for a lease just like you would if you were buying it.
The following users liked this post:
cammy5 (04-29-2014)
Old 04-29-2014, 01:20 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ceb
Is this a problem or a fix?

A few things to ponder. TSX sales are very slow. The even slower MT sales are in the toilet. Tell the dealer that you'll "settle" for a MT if they make you a deal.

The MT lease rates are no different from the auto rates, but you should be able to get a cheaper price on the MT because they are such slow sellers outside of a very small enthusiast community. The dealer thinks you want a MT and he'll play up the "there aren't many around..." card. He thinks you'll "settle" for the MT and he'll make you a deal because he really, really, really wants to get that dog off his lot.

"Gee, I don't know. I could probably learn to drive a MT but my girlfriend/wife/SO won't learn. It would have to be a really good deal."

Remember that you need to negotiate the price of the car for a lease just like you would if you were buying it.
I agree! I was in the car business in sales and finance for almost 10 years until this past summer so I've seen plenty of people make the mistake of negotiating payments vs the the price of the car/trade. I have a pretty good idea of what I would be willing to pay for an SE with the dealer cash out there but need to know what the current money factors and residuals are on the lease programs so I can know what the payment would translate to given the sales price.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:32 PM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
I agree! I was in the car business in sales and finance for almost 10 years until this past summer so I've seen plenty of people make the mistake of negotiating payments vs the the price of the car/trade. I have a pretty good idea of what I would be willing to pay for an SE with the dealer cash out there but need to know what the current money factors and residuals are on the lease programs so I can know what the payment would translate to given the sales price.
You were in the sales and finance end of the business for 10 years until 8 or 9 months ago and you can't find out what the financials are? I guess we know why you're not in the business anymore . . .
Old 04-29-2014, 01:47 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Simba91102
You were in the sales and finance end of the business for 10 years until 8 or 9 months ago and you can't find out what the financials are? I guess we know why you're not in the business anymore . . .
LMAO at this cool funny guy!!! ^

I was in sales/finance for two manufacturers other than Honda/Acura. I had access to the residuals/incentives/buy rates/APR's/etc for the manufacturer I worked for at the time. So would you go to a Ford dealership to have them work up number for you on a Chevrolet? It doesn't work that way, bud. Generally speaking, leasing info such as money factors and residuals are proprietary information and are NOT supposed to leave the dealership unless a customer specifically asks for the full break down on a lease. There is a gentleman on this forum (I cant recall his name at the moment) that works in sales at an Acura dealership that routinely gives us the scoop on what those numbers are on certain ACURA models. Maybe you should try asking him what those numbers are for a BMW, Fiat or Nissan.

I'll just assume that you were trying to make a quick joke when in fact that you didn't really understand what I was asking for. No harm done.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:01 PM
Old Guy

LMAO at this cool funny guy!!! ^

I was in sales/finance for two manufacturers other than Honda/Acura. I had access to the residuals/incentives/buy rates/APR's/etc for the manufacturer I worked for at the time. So would you go to a Ford dealership to have them work up number for you on a Chevrolet? It doesn't work that way, bud. Generally speaking, leasing info such as money factors and residuals are proprietary information and are NOT supposed to leave the dealership unless a customer specifically asks for the full break down on a lease. There is a gentleman on this forum (I cant recall his name at the moment) that works in sales at an Acura dealership that routinely gives us the scoop on what those numbers are on certain ACURA models. Maybe you should try asking him what those numbers are for a BMW, Fiat or Nissan.

I'll just assume that you were trying to make a quick joke when in fact that you didn't really understand what I was asking for. No harm done.
Yeah, no offense intended, but you did kind of have the "kick me" sign waving there. I'm rarely able to resist the opportunity to point that out.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:06 PM
Instructor

Haha, it's all good. Now if you wanted to know all that info about a Hyundai or Infiniti I could probably recite some of it (most of it out of date at this point) or pick up the phone and get it from my former co-workers in a few minutes.

It is interesting how leasing is really one of the last vestiges of buying a car that is mysterious and somewhat hidden. A few minutes on Edmunds or any other site and you can find out the APR specials, rebates, dealer cash, etc for any car but finding equivalent info for a lease is a bit more labor intensive and generally not 'public knowledge'.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:16 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,277 Likes on 952 Posts
Haha, it's all good. Now if you wanted to know all that info about a Hyundai or Infiniti I could probably recite some of it (most of it out of date at this point) or pick up the phone and get it from my former co-workers in a few minutes.

It is interesting how leasing is really one of the last vestiges of buying a car that is mysterious and somewhat hidden. A few minutes on Edmunds or any other site and you can find out the APR specials, rebates, dealer cash, etc for any car but finding equivalent info for a lease is a bit more labor intensive and generally not 'public knowledge'.
It is all intentional. Leasing could be as "simple" as buying a car but when you invent terms like "money factor" (which is the interest rate divided by the phase of the moon times the phase of the moon divided by 2400)then it becomes confusing - but doesn't a "money factor of .003 sound much better than a percentage rate of 7.2%?
Old 04-30-2014, 05:09 AM
Old Guy

This is true, but . . . we now live in a payment nation. It seems that many (the younger people especially) no longer really care about (or even know) what the car they're driving actually costs. It's all about the payment, be it renting or buying. Next time you see a 20 something driving a shiny new Jeep, or Jetta, or an even an MDX, ask them what the car cost. Pretty sure they won't be able to tell you (and they won't care). That's what people compare now (the payment). It's no longer about getting a sweet deal on the actual purchase price.