2012 Acura TSX: Power Steering, Driver side fog light, & vehicle vibrates

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 08:49 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Acura TSX: Power Steering, Driver side fog light, & vehicle vibrates

First time poster (clearly), been a bad week. I was curious if anyone knows prices for the stuff I'm about to take into the dealership this weekend?

"Check Power Steering System" light is on, and stays on. What's the worse case scenario that I'm looking at price wise for this?

Driver side dog light completely shattered and needs to be replaced?

Does anyone know if for the power steering job will they need to remove the bumper? The reason I'm asking is because I know they need to remove the bumper for the fog light replacement, so if they did then hopefully I could only get hit once on that part of the labor charge?

Last but not least, vehicle vibrates when I am driving 60+ MPH and hit my brakes? Any ideas on what that might be?

Thanks to everyone in advance!
Old 02-04-2016, 09:06 PM
3rd Gear

2012, I purchased it May 2013, currently has 60,000 miles in it, any thoughts on the possibilities of them helping me out on a price break?
Old 02-06-2016, 11:43 AM
RTM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
The vibration at 60 with brakes could be warped rotors. Do you feel the vibe in the steering wheel? Light braking - light shake. Heavier braking, heavier shaking. Really hard braking often stops it tho.

No idea on the other stuff.
Old 02-06-2016, 05:16 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by RTM
The vibration at 60 with brakes could be warped rotors. Do you feel the vibe in the steering wheel? Light braking - light shake. Heavier braking, heavier shaking. Really hard braking often stops it tho.

No idea on the other stuff.
Thanks. The warped rotors is what the dealership said, they are replacing the breaks and adjusting the rotors accordingly, he said they are in good shape and no need to replace them. So just changing the break pads will fix it, he says. Do you know if that's accurate?
Old 02-06-2016, 06:39 PM
Graphite Ghost

Received 405 Likes on 324 Posts
Originally Posted by SupremeOpinion
Thanks. The warped rotors is what the dealership said, they are replacing the breaks and adjusting the rotors accordingly, he said they are in good shape and no need to replace them. So just changing the break pads will fix it, he says. Do you know if that's accurate?
But the fog from rockauto. Half price.
And it's 2 screws and bulb plug. And it can be done without removing the bumper. There are access panels right under the fog.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:20 PM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
Originally Posted by robpp
But the fog from rockauto. Half price.
And it's 2 screws and bulb plug. And it can be done without removing the bumper. There are access panels right under the fog.
Did you ever pull the driver side fog light assembly out without removing the bumper? With the OEM intake resonator in place, I wasn't able to get up in there to pull the fog light assembly.

Without the resonator, I think it's entirely possible to go through the access panel. And the passenger side can be reached through the access panel.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:16 PM
RTM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by SupremeOpinion
If the rotors aren't too bad, a light turning will fix it, and then replace the brake pads. Should be fine. Ask how much rotor life left (mm) when they are done.