2011 TSX Headlight electrical damage help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2021, 08:52 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 TSX Headlight electrical damage help?

On my 11 Tsx, one of my low beam hids burnt out on the passenger side, so I ordered hids online to replace both of them. In order to replace them the bumper had to be removed to make it easier for myself. The passenger side of the bumper came off easily as it should and that bulb was replaced. Now the driver side was very difficult to remove because apparently whoever fixed up the car before me die to an accident had the fender glued to the bumper..( I will attach a picture). This made it hard because you couldn’t just pull the whole bumper out.

As you can see the bumper was glued to the fender in some sort of quick fix.. but im order to replace the hids bumper needs to come off. So I went ahead and pulled it out..
Eventually I replaced the driver side hid as well and the inly
problem was the fender was sticking out from under the headlight. But the hids were working well and were bright.. until it started to rain the next day while driving. The driver side light where the glued fender was went out. At first I assumed it was because if a loose cable connection I didn’t push in all the way. But after removing the bulb cover from Inside the hood to inspect everything was intact. So my only solution was to take out the bumper again, take the hid out and put everything back to see if that would work.. well it didn’t. The problem has to be because of the rain got into the housing somehow and messed something up because of the glued fender that was sticking out.. if anyone knows what part/wire could have went bad from rain exposure please help. Or if anyone can recommend where I can go to have it inspected and checked? I have no idea on what went wrong other than it has to be because of water exposure due to whoever’s idea it was to glue shut the bumper to the fender.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,743 Likes on 6,745 Posts
what bulbs did you get?
Old 10-25-2021, 05:31 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by thoiboi
what bulbs did you get?
I got 6k bright white bulbs from led light street.
Old 10-25-2021, 08:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,743 Likes on 6,745 Posts
You got no name bulbs

it could be that, it could be the a bad ballast or igniter on that side of the car too
Old 10-26-2021, 09:47 AM
5th Gear

You got no name bulbs

it could be that, it could be the a bad ballast or igniter on that side of the car too
lmaoo yea they no names but are very bright. And the problem only started after it started to rain because of the gap in the fender and headlight.. there was condensation/moisture in the headlight lens too. I might just try to replace the igniter and ballast together. Any suggestions on where to buy a pair? Or is any from eBay good. I seen some on there go from $40-$60.
Old 11-13-2021, 02:18 PM
5th Gear

Update: ballast/igniter replaced still not working

I finally received the ballast/igniter I bought from eBay and had a mechanic replace the old ones on the driver side. As mentioned previously I said my bumper and fender was glued on from whoever tried to fix the car up to sell, and the only way I found out was when the passenger side low beam was going out. This meant taking apart the whole bumper to replace both hids. I discovered the driver side fender/bumper was glued together and made it very hard to remove the left side bumper to change the hid. So I went ahead and pulled it out and changed that side as well. Doing so created a gap between the top part of the bumper and the bottom of the headlight. But at the time both hids work very well. Next day it rains while driving and the left hid went out completely. Initially I thought maybe I didn’t push in a connection all the way through but when I checked it was. So it has to be the water/condensation from the weather that fucked something up. So I did some research and thought the problem was the ballast or igniter went bad so I had to replace them. Which I did today only to find out it’s still the same problem. The mechanic, when I pulled up to the garage said it worked when he replaced it and turned it on.. I was going to check the light if it works but I got distracted because the car engine stalled when I tried to stall it. So I left and literally 3 feet away from the garage I turned on the lights and the left one was still out. I was disappointed upset and mad. I turned around immediately and showed him it doesn’t work to which his response is “oh man it has to be the rain messed up the electrical” “maybe you need a whole new headlight assembly”. I was mad at the fact I didn’t check it at first when I arrived there. When he said that I asked him for the money back $40. He refused and said im paying him to change out the old part for the new and that the reason it’s “not “working is not his problem”. I was so mad he was trying to blame the weather and rain for the problem when it’s been in the garage the whole day and when I left it wasn’t raining. So now I just bought a new ballast for new reason. And my only other option right now to my knowledge is to buy a used driver side headlight on Facebook and replace it to see if that solved everything. If anyone has the time to please help me out and leave suggestions on what I should do let me know asap. This problem has been going on for couple months and I’m getting very frustrated. I don’t want go to Acura where they’ll charge you an arm and a leg.
Old 11-13-2021, 02:23 PM
5th Gear

You got no name bulbs

bro read my update let me know what you think. It wasn’t the ballast or igniter.