Milano Red Accord Euro

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Milano Red Accord Euro

I'm usually lurking here and enjoy reading the various posts on this forum. You folks have some nice rides
& I must say, there's a big following for RonJon Legends on here

Well, allow me to share some pics of my Accord Euro from down under - Sydney, Australia. (We don't get the Acura badge here)

I visited a dealer in Nov last year and fell hard for the Milano Red they had sitting on the floor. After a few sleepless nights, I had my own sitting in my driveway. Bone stock bar tints:

Now I travel a lot and hence the kms rack up very quickly. Before I knew it I was in for my 10,000km service. So I rock up at my dealer....park my car and get out to notice the Service Managers car next to mine. Hmmmm....nice!

My fingers got the best of me and beat me to my credit card. And so, at my 20,000km service I had the Aero kit installed. I opted to keep the stock grill over the Aero one. Most people don't notice the difference but I'm loving it. Complements the 18s well and isn't over the top either. Still debating on the trunk lip spoiler.

I'm very impressed with this car. Every km is a pleasure to drive and I can't get tired of grinning every time I get in.
Thanks for looking & sorry for the large grainy pics, I tried fixing them a little on Gimp but they still suck
Old 06-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
Your Accord looks truly amazing in Milano Red, you will make quite a few people here in this forum (from North America) green with envy.

Noticed the manager's vehicle has the lip spoiler in the front instead of the aero one.

Trunk lip spoiler looks nicer than the rear deck spoiler (manager's one) as it help retains the car clean lines.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:07 AM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
oh my god your ride is so freaking nice. You dont know how bad I want that color ahhhhhh and those rims are much better than the ugly ones we have here. Very nice car man. I like it alot.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:43 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow! The Accord Euro looks way better than the TSX. I can't stand the TSX grille.

At least with the Honda it compliments the front end. Too bad the Euros aren't sold in the US.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:15 AM
Cruisin'

Nice one Ichiro. It looks great in red. What grade tint did you get?
I'll be ordering my Pearl White one shortly. I'm getting a high flow cat, exhaust, intake and Eibach springs from JTune. I'll probably do the aero bodykit a little later on like you.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:06 AM
Intermediate

Thank you all for the kind words, its still very stock-ish and nowhere near as special as some of the other rides I've seen on this forum.

The managers car looked more grounded and that's what initially caught my eye. I decided on the Aero bar because of the fog light openings - more angular and give the car a slightly more aggressive stance.

RE: Rear Lip Spoiler - The rear lines look very clean now, and I swear the trunk has a natural curve-up towards the tail - almost like a mini spoiler. It's a tough choice (expensive too at $465 AUD >> 380 USD )
Originally Posted by 09TSXTech
Your Accord looks truly amazing in Milano Red, you will make quite a few people here in this forum (from North America) green with envy.

Noticed the manager's vehicle has the lip spoiler in the front instead of the aero one.

Trunk lip spoiler looks nicer than the rear deck spoiler (manager's one) as it help retains the car clean lines.

Cheers mate, I love this color too. It's my first red car. In Australia, we currently have 3 trim levels - base, luxury and luxury navi. The base model gets the same 17s you folks in North America get. The rest get the 18s.
Originally Posted by ttk5
oh my god your ride is so freaking nice. You dont know how bad I want that color ahhhhhh and those rims are much better than the ugly ones we have here. Very nice car man. I like it alot.

The majority of people here prefer the Aero grill over the stock chrome one. Personally I like the standard chrome as it helps break up the massive front fascia. Bling 4 me
Although I'm sure, given time there will be a lot more alternatives available in the US after-market.
Originally Posted by BigLizard
Wow! The Accord Euro looks way better than the TSX. I can't stand the TSX grille.

At least with the Honda it compliments the front end. Too bad the Euros aren't sold in the US.
Oho, a fellow Aussie
The tint was dealer installed pre-delivery (25% all around I think)
Thats quite a mod list you've already got ready . I hope you post pics and reviews of the mods as soon as you can get them installed...look forward to it.
Oh and btw, which state/city are you from?
Originally Posted by PearlEuro
Nice one Ichiro. It looks great in red. What grade tint did you get?
I'll be ordering my Pearl White one shortly. I'm getting a high flow cat, exhaust, intake and Eibach springs from JTune. I'll probably do the aero bodykit a little later on like you.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:36 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
I am one of the jealous ones- OH how I wish that color was again offered here- You have a beautiful car. I am planning to get either a 2010 tl/6mt or a 2010 tsx/6mt in either March/April 2010. I was hoping the Milano red would be offered but no luck.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:05 AM
10th Gear

Very nice looking car. I see you got the bonnet protector. My brother lives in Perth, he sent me one and I like the look of it.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
is that your car witht he front parking assist and everything?

to mr aussie, There is almost a natural spoiler on the vehicle, which is why I personally stayed away from the spoiler cause the ass of the vehicle already looks amazing
Old 06-14-2009, 12:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 170 Likes on 102 Posts
Looks great...although the US gets Basque Red Pearl, I miss the Milano Red from the first-gen TSX. For those envious of those 18's, we get them with the TSX V6:

Old 06-14-2009, 05:54 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by Type34
Looks great...although the US gets Basque Red Pearl, I miss the Milano Red from the first-gen TSX. For those envious of those 18's, we get them with the TSX V6:

basgue red does not compare to the beauty of Milano red and no MT with the tsx v6
Old 06-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow... that looks awesome with the sport bumper kit. Too bad Acura's decided that we're not worthy of Milano Red on the 2G...
Old 06-15-2009, 08:03 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love that color, esspecially with the Aero kit.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:07 PM
Instructor

Looks good better than i thought it would. Just found out Europe gets Basque Red on the new Type S.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:59 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice car Ichiro! Milano Red was the 1st colour I slash of my list when hunting the CU2... but after looking @ yours, I kinda change my mind... So what next from here? new rims? :p

Last edited by denot; 06-15-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:09 AM
B A N N E D

MR is a sick color.. Loving your car bro. Wished USDM stock looked like that !
Old 06-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Intermediate

Many thanks for all of your comments, I didn't think Milano Red had any buyers. MR isn't a popular color in Sydney. Although I don't see very many Euros on the road here, majority of what I've seen are either Silver or Graphite (2 very hot colors indeed). I was actually in the market for a 1st gen Limited Edition in MR but somehow ended up with a 2nd gen

I do a lot of highway driving, so had to get the bonnet protector and headlight protector (yet to be installed). But you know what?, it does diddly squat... I've had to fill in a couple of chips on the hood already. Waste of Money IMO... might sell it eventually.
Originally Posted by accord_tr
Very nice looking car. I see you got the bonnet protector. My brother lives in Perth, he sent me one and I like the look of it.

My thoughts exactly...well...for now anyways
Originally Posted by Tishkevich
to mr aussie, There is almost a natural spoiler on the vehicle, which is why I personally stayed away from the spoiler cause the ass of the vehicle already looks amazing

Whats next? ... waste more money I suppose
I'm drooling over some 20" Work rims.
Also waiting for some decent coilovers to come onto the market
Would like to upgrade the stock 8" sub in the rear
I hope thats about it.... I hope
Originally Posted by denot
Nice car Ichiro! Milano Red was the 1st colour I slash of my list when hunting the CU2... but after looking @ yours, I kinda change my mind... So what next from here? new rims? :p

Last edited by Ichiro; 06-17-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:10 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Ichiro
Oho, a fellow Aussie
The tint was dealer installed pre-delivery (25% all around I think)
Thats quite a mod list you've already got ready . I hope you post pics and reviews of the mods as soon as you can get them installed...look forward to it.
Oh and btw, which state/city are you from?
I'm a Melbourne boy. Outer eastern suburbs.
You??
Old 06-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by PearlEuro
I'm a Melbourne boy. Outer eastern suburbs.
You??

Sydney Westy.... waaaay out west - near the Blue Mountains.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:46 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ichiro
Sydney Westy.... waaaay out west - near the Blue Mountains.
Sydney easty here
Old 06-21-2009, 02:15 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by denot
Sydney easty here

Cool. Nice to see a few Aussies on this thing.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:32 PM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
The 2nd gen really looks nice with that honda grill glad you guys over there got that instead of the metal shield heh.