Jo's Wagon intro and build!! - Page 3 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

Jo's Wagon intro and build!!

Old 11-19-2018, 03:30 PM
Registered Member

Nice build! Those are some impressive numbers!
I was planning for a supercharger as well but since it's discontinued, it is difficult to find even used one. Do you think Merc supercharger will fit without too much of modifications? has anyone done it for TSX? Does it come with a tune as CT-E does? at least to get the car running. I am just skeptical to buy at this point as too many unknowns.
Old 11-19-2018, 03:49 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jobata23 View Post

1. I did a dyno tune on a Mustang Dyno and the CTe base map doesn’t come close to the power I got and
2. I believe the Merc supercharger is probably 90% bolt on kit because my CTE kit is not 100% and I had to modify a few things on the engine coolant piping to make it work and when I upgrade to Merc I will use their supplied parts because Merc has a different Manifold setup and also my kit was preowned.
Could you explain to me what is needed to get the tuning portion of the install done? Did your kit come with a base map on a piggyback (Hondata or FlashPro) to get it moving and then your tuner was able to retune that piggyback?
I find the hardware part as a doable challenge but when it comes to software, I am way over my head.

Originally Posted by ksawant View Post
I was planning for a supercharger as well but since it's discontinued, it is difficult to find even used one. Do you think Merc supercharger will fit without too much of modifications? has anyone done it for TSX? Does it come with a tune as CT-E does? at least to get the car running. I am just skeptical to buy at this point as too many unknowns.
You and I both. I believe Heeltoe can still get the CtE kit but they don't have too many left.
Also, I am looking more for reliable drivability than making a lot power. Too bad NV doesn't get too cold, I wonder how the SC will behave in the extreme winter.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:36 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Sheefo2k View Post
Could you explain to me what is needed to get the tuning portion of the install done? Did your kit come with a base map on a piggyback (Hondata or FlashPro) to get it moving and then your tuner was able to retune that piggyback?
I find the hardware part as a doable challenge but when it comes to software, I am way over my head.

You and I both. I believe Heeltoe can still get the CtE kit but they don't have too many left.
Also, I am looking more for reliable drivability than making a lot power. Too bad NV doesn't get too cold, I wonder how the SC will behave in the extreme winter.

I already asked a question on their product page about the availability of sc kit but a response was generic(as discontinued). I am thinking of sending an email or calling Markus directly to see if he can do anything. I am also mainly looking for a daily drivability and reliability as this is the only car I have. I will update you if I get an update on the SC availability.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:32 AM
Sin City

Originally Posted by ksawant View Post
I think the Merc supercharger will fit but not 100%, and I don't think there is a base map for the Merc Supercharger and I think the base map for the CTe will work just fine, You just have to make sure get a tune asap. What I did to my car, before installing the SC and since there is no base map for the wagon, I converted the 2010 base map Supercharger file to the 2012 calibration. Then After installing the SC I uploaded the file and the car started and the next day I drove it to my tuner and I stayed out of boost which is below 2500rmp I believe, and from there you tuner will handle the rest.

Sup man, no base map for the Wagon but you can convert the file from 2010 files to 2012 calibrations, which I did and make sure to change fuel injector size in Hondata Flashpro calibration to the size you will be using. The car should start and after drive to your tuner and stay out of boost and the your tuner will take care of the rest. Also I ran into issues installing the SC because there was an extra coolant tube attached to the main coolant line and without me modifying the coolant line the manifold will not fit to the head. If you ever tackle this by yourself, just PM me and I can help you out

Last edited by jobata23; 11-20-2018 at 03:42 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jobata23 For This Useful Post:
ksawant (11-20-2018), Sheefo2k (11-20-2018)
Old 11-20-2018, 11:27 AM
Registered Member

You're the man. Could you get us some videos whenever you get some time?
Old 11-20-2018, 02:16 PM
Sin City

You're the man. Could you get us some videos whenever you get some time?
I'll try to, but is there any place beside youtube I can upload videos without the whole world seeing it ?
Old 12-07-2018, 03:29 AM
Sin City

I finally replaced the factory Battery with a better one and went with Optima Red 35 series with A V6 battery strap. Also after replacing the old battery with the Red Top, My Bluetooth stop disconnecting from my Iphone.

Last edited by jobata23; 12-07-2018 at 03:33 AM.
Old 12-07-2018, 05:22 AM
The Meat Grindr

cu2wagon Thread copywrite.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:31 AM
Registered Member

Team OptimaRedTop is the way to go. Without a doubt my audio sounds much better after installing the new battery as well. Secret little mod.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.