Betty (A Wagon Story)

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 09:48 AM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Betty (A Wagon Story)

So after buying the car, we decided to name her Black Betty, after the Ram Jam song. To me, the song has nice guitar work. Anyway, on to the story. This is my wife's car, so there will be NO modding.. Yeah, that didn't last long.
First thing was the TSX mat for the back end. Wife loves this thing, and so do I. It's got some serious grip, perfect for hauling baked goods and lasagna, and what have you. Since it likes to snow here, I got her the TSX floor mats with the same material. Love them also.
Next was something simple like the Acura symbol tire valve stem caps. Something minor, but I think it looks ok. There are more things coming for Christmas, like the chrome Acura license plate holder and shoulder pads for the seat belts.
Finally on the good stuff. I got the JDM tails and installed them. Subtle, and I know non car people and even many car people won't know the difference. But we do, and think it's awesome. I also got the JDM hazard swtich, but that install will have to wait for warmer weather.
There will be more mods coming, but for now this is all you get. Can't wait for spring. Don't mind the dirt, these salty roads suck.
Attached Thumbnails Betty (A Wagon Story)-acura-jdm-tails.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
xtcnrice (12-09-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 09:56 PM
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
that a$$ though!
Old 12-09-2017, 09:14 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
I didn't even know there is such a thing as JDM taillights. I like them
Old 12-10-2017, 04:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by ImBroke
Next was something simple like the Acura symbol tire valve stem caps. Something minor, but I think it looks ok.
I was afraid to put these caps on because in other forums, people wrote about the cap fusing to the valve stem over time... something about different metals in contact with each other. Any truth to that?
Old 12-12-2017, 02:49 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
I've never had an issue before. But now that I live in New York, I may put some antiseize on them to eliminate that.