Old 06-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the grill is now growin on me =)... i think the car is beautfiul
Old 06-09-2008, 07:36 AM
TSX Lover

Originally Posted by hveagle
FWIW I saw the 09 up close for the first time last week (black with taupe interior) -- I really liked what I saw.

I think that the design is a good evolution of the first gen -- very similar profile from afar, but up close, a more aggressive, wider stance, more pronounced shoulders -- altogether more substantial. And, in person, I think that the grill looks well incorporated.
I agree with your comments, but that color combo doesn't exist. Do you think it was the parchment interior instead?

If Acura offered that color combo I would be very tempted. I am getting the PMM/taupe instead. I have never cared for the parchment interior on the TSX (1G or 2G). It is just too light,. IMO
Old 06-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Intermediate

yeah, prballard, it was parchment
Old 06-10-2008, 07:06 AM
Cruisin'

To those with the black/black, does it get ridiculously hot? I know it's quite an obvious answer, but i've sat in some cars where it doesn't get as hot as in others, or it cools down faster than some.

Only reason i ask, is i'd really like a 2nd gen with the Taupe interior, but all the dealerships down here have (in the config i want) are black/black. I've owned a black/black Civic about 10 years ago and i still remember how overtasked the A/C was and the car still wouldn't cool down comfortably. (it wasn't even leather).

I test drove (again) the black/black after sitting a couple of hours in the morning sun, but it was hard to gauge as it was also a relatively cool morning.

Thanks guys.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:57 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I have a 2006 ASM/Quartz, and can tell you that in this past weekend's 100 degree heat, the interior cools down quick. My gf commented when we rode in her car, that "the a/c in yours is way better."

Personally, I don't like how the rear shelf on the '09 is a separate color ... think it would contrast oddly with an ebony interior. I'd go with the taupe or parchment or whatever they call it now. YMMV.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by webs
Hey, that's my girl, Type34! Nice comparison. I too can appreciate both designs.
i'm confused so type34 is a female?
Old 06-12-2008, 12:23 AM
7th Gear

how u take off the rear license plate light cover?
Old 06-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by dukyjai
how u take off the rear license plate light cover?
Please do not duplicate posting or hijack a non-related thread.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:28 AM
D

I was originally looking for a red TSX but once I saw the black/black in person I decided it looked to great to pass up. I'm in Arizona so all my friends thought I was crazy. With the good tinting the heat has never been a problem and it's been over 110 here lately.

Originally Posted by soundmike
To those with the black/black, does it get ridiculously hot? I know it's quite an obvious answer, but i've sat in some cars where it doesn't get as hot as in others, or it cools down faster than some.

Only reason i ask, is i'd really like a 2nd gen with the Taupe interior, but all the dealerships down here have (in the config i want) are black/black. I've owned a black/black Civic about 10 years ago and i still remember how overtasked the A/C was and the car still wouldn't cool down comfortably. (it wasn't even leather).

I test drove (again) the black/black after sitting a couple of hours in the morning sun, but it was hard to gauge as it was also a relatively cool morning.

Thanks guys.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Racer

Thanks guys.

I have a blk/blk 09 TSX i never have any problems with it getting unbearable. When my car is parked outside in 100+ weather out here it is hot in the car like any other car would be but i use the remote keyless switch to roll down the windows and when i get in the car blast the AC. Probably takes less than 15 seconds to get cool in the car with the AC on. Just added tint to the car so it did help even more with the heat in the car.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:36 PM
CBP TLX

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Thanks guys.
My TSX is Black/black. I use a sun shade for my windshield and my windows are tinted. So it's not that bad at all. So yeah, a good sun shade and tinted windows really help.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Racer

Here is a quick shot of my Crystal Pearl TSX with 15% tints in rear.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Racer

a couple of camera phone pics with some TLs outside the shop. prepping for the car show sunday.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:58 PM
Racer

Old 07-01-2008, 12:17 AM
Race Director

nice
Old 07-26-2008, 12:11 AM
Racer

quick chop from tonight.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:33 PM
8th Gear

I kinda like it... didn't at 1st thought
Old 07-28-2008, 09:26 PM
6MT G37

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I like this car more and more everytime I see it.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Advanced

Here are some photos I took at the dealer the other day. My wife signed the papers for a '09 Polished Metal w/taupe Tech Pkg on Monday. $31,400 before TT&T. It should be arriving in the next 2-4 weeks. (The dealer already had it on order so we decided to wait instead of getting one from another dealer)

This particular car was a non-tech which is why it is not in our driveway.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is that a sticker that they installed running along the side of the car, about 2 inches below the windows? I thought it was just the angle but every pics seem to have that line...
Old 07-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by 09TSX
Is that a sticker that they installed running along the side of the car, about 2 inches below the windows? I thought it was just the angle but every pics seem to have that line...

looks like a custom pinstripe =(
Old 07-28-2008, 11:48 PM
Racer

ill45...thanks for putting the right words for me, being french speaking, the right words don't always come easy for me I must say that I am not a big fan of this, at all!!
Old 07-28-2008, 11:56 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ill45
looks like a custom pinstripe =(
It is. It also has a little Acura Emblem in the stripe on the front fender about 4 inches infront of the doors. I never really thought twice about it until you guys mentioned it. Oh well, if they put it on her car it car and we don't like them then it be just as easily removed.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:02 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by PMD TSX
It is. It also has a little Acura Emblem in the stripe on the front fender about 4 inches infront of the doors. Now that you guys mentioned it I'm going to have to look for a TSX without one to see what I think.

R U and your wife planning on going with this pin stripe for your new TSX?
Old 07-29-2008, 12:16 AM
Advanced

Well, if it's not on the car when we go to pick it up then I probably won't ask for it. But if there is, which I suspect there will be b/c from what I can remember most of the Acuras at this dealership had them, then I will ask the wife if she want's to keep it or not. Right now I'm thinking it will be easier to wax the car without the stripes.

EDIT: Actually, after seeing this one below I have to admit it looks better without it.

Old 07-29-2008, 12:23 AM
Racer

Well, if it's not on the car when we go to pick it up then I probably won't ask for it. But if there is, which I suspect there will be b/c from what I can remember most of the Acuras at this dealership had them, then I will ask the wife if she want's to keep it or not. Right now I'm thinking it will be easier to wax the car without the stripes.

My advice, although its more of a personal opinion, is to go to the dealership and make sure they don't install it when your car arrives. This is installed locally so intercept it before it gets done. I think it takes away the elegance of the TSX.

Please don't take it personally if you do enjoy this kind of striping, I just think its too 'cheesy'.....

BTW...GOOD choice of color and you will not regret your TSX, its an AMAZING car!! I have had mine for a little over a month and I still giggle everytime I drive it
Thanks for the good quality pics also, they show the car well and makes it look great (minus the stripes *laughing*)
Old 07-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Advanced

Here's a couple more at a different dealership, sans pinstripes. Kind of tough to apply stripes when the protective coating left over from shipping is still on the car. Also, that is my GTO in the background which the wife is trying to get me to trade in on the TSX, instead of our F-150, which we hardly ever drive.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:46 AM

It is. It also has a little Acura Emblem in the stripe on the front fender about 4 inches infront of the doors. I never really thought twice about it until you guys mentioned it. Oh well, if they put it on her car it car and we don't like them then it be just as easily removed.
Yuck-eriffic. I'd tell them NOT to install the striping, as removing it might require some waxing and buffing to restore the finish. Unless ... you can replace the little Acura emblem with a little Starfleet emblem, and put NCC-1701E somewhere else on the car.

I make a point of telling dealers NOT to put on dealer stickers of any kind. I was pleased that my salesman at Performance Acura (Chapel Hill) said, "We don't put them on. At all."
Old 07-29-2008, 11:21 AM

Right now I'm thinking it will be easier to wax the car without the stripes.
There ya go. Waxing with pin stripes and decals is tough (I had 'em all over my '87 Jeep), and decals don't age well in my experience.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:28 PM
6MT G37

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ITs just a dam pinstripe which can be easily removed. Your acting like its an entire racing decal on his door. A little over the top buddy? I do love your avatar though.

Call your dealer in before they get it as it wont come with the pinstripe when they get it. They put it on..

Its not even that serious...
Old 07-30-2008, 09:47 PM
Racer

Ruserious....Thanks for the comment on my avitar...I sure love my TSX There are more pics in the photo sections....I wasn't trying to sound alarmist but I didn't want him to get charged for them to put it on, then get charged for removing it. I think he even admitted that he prefers the car without it
Old 08-01-2008, 09:21 AM
Cruisin'

Here's a couple more at a different dealership, sans pinstripes. Kind of tough to apply stripes when the protective coating left over from shipping is still on the car. Also, that is my GTO in the background which the wife is trying to get me to trade in on the TSX, instead of our F-150, which we hardly ever drive.
Don't trade in the GTO, you should definitely trade in the F-150. Tell her some guy on the TSX board told you so....hehe.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Cruisin'

Ruserious....Thanks for the comment on my avitar...I sure love my TSX There are more pics in the photo sections....I wasn't trying to sound alarmist but I didn't want him to get charged for them to put it on, then get charged for removing it. I think he even admitted that he prefers the car without it
I agree with 09TSX, the pinstripes take away from the sweet lines of the TSX. To each there own I guess. Just make sure you don't pay for them if you don't really want them.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by cruzer24
Don't trade in the GTO, you should definitely trade in the F-150. Tell her some guy on the TSX board told you so....hehe.
Yeah, I think after she signed the papers and we left the dealership happy that she was finally getting a car which will be strictly hers.(not that I won't ever be able to drive it) Right now she drives an Expedition which she doesn't really care for. We are going to keep it and will use it for traveling, towing and hauling stuff around. We also have a small utility trailer which can make up for the lack of a truckbed. She also said she didn't want to have to share the TSX with me and didn't want to hear me constantly reminding her that I had to sell my pride and joy so she could be happy. Now she'll have her car(TSX) I'll have mine (GTO) and we'll have our car (Expy).
Old 08-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Cruisin'

Yeah, I think after she signed the papers and we left the dealership happy that she was finally getting a car which will be strictly hers.(not that I won't ever be able to drive it) Right now she drives an Expedition which she doesn't really care for. We are going to keep it and will use it for traveling, towing and hauling stuff around. We also have a small utility trailer which can make up for the lack of a truckbed. She also said she didn't want to have to share the TSX with me and didn't want to hear me constantly reminding her that I had to sell my pride and joy so she could be happy. Now she'll have her car(TSX) I'll have mine (GTO) and we'll have our car (Expy).
That's awesome. Congrats on the new car, well congrats to your wife. I totally heart the GTO engine so I would of felt bad for you if you had to trade it in. Your wife will now love the sweet gas mileage she'll get now.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:08 PM
8th Gear

let me kno wat u think of the rims & tints

5% in the back 20% in the front
Old 08-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by loljz
let me kno wat u think of the rims & tints

5% in the back 20% in the front
The tints looks awesome, wish I could do those %'s here and be legal.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:06 PM

The chrome touches and "the element" actually look good here. I think it's your NBP and the tinting ... makes it look more Darth Vader-like. I like!
Old 08-13-2008, 04:35 PM
Racer

Wow that huge chrome grill really stands out on a black car. Yikes.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:27 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
The more I see of this new TSX, the more I like it. The grill isn't too bad, but I can't help but feel that it would look even better with a different one. At first when I saw the concept pics, I thought, wow, is that thing ugly! But it eventually grew on me, the lines overall really are nice. I really like the interior, always have.

I also saw quite a few in person, and it grew on me a bit more.

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen TSX Picture Thread