18" or 19" wheels
new grill
Old 05-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MMsTSX
tell me you're kidding.

please.

did you just say the TSX has all the bells and whistles of a G35?

no, you couldn't have... but I read again...

you did.

oh, that is a terrible lie. I should know, I own a new G35...

and let me tell you, the '09 can't even hold a candle to the G35 in bells and whistles.

not even close to close.

you made me laugh out loud though, good try...
you win at the internet pal
Old 05-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by MMsTSX
tell me you're kidding.

please.

did you just say the TSX has all the bells and whistles of a G35?

no, you couldn't have... but I read again...

you did.

oh, that is a terrible lie. I should know, I own a new G35...

and let me tell you, the '09 can't even hold a candle to the G35 in bells and whistles.

not even close to close.

you made me laugh out loud though, good try...
Yeah, I second this, other manufacturers offer more than Acura has to offer, period. Just cost you more. You can't simliarly equip another brand's car with an Acura cause the other brand will always have more.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Intermediate

Wow, thanks all you haters for jacking up this thread. This thread was intended for 09 TSX owners to post up, not polute another thread with all the hate, like every other around here. So much for buying a mature car thinking I would join a forum with mature people. This is obviously the Hon-DUH crowd all over again, why I stayed away from them for that past 12 years. You guys all know opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one and they all stink?, such as most of yours. You guys know how to make a new member feel welcomed.

I've found over the years the people that are the most opinionated tend to be the most jealous? Maybe you can't afford to go out and get a new car, maybe your ass is simply a horrible negotiator and find yourself upside down in a car that has depreciated already and even more now that the 09 TSX has hit the dealers? Maybe your sour because you just went out an bought an 08 and realized your car looks AND is totally outdated? Maybe you really like your 04-08, that's great, congrats. The 2nd gen owners aren't going to carry over into the first gen thread and let you know how your Accord carrys the same lines now as half the Suzuki line up and that a base Civic looks more cutting edge. NO, were not going to do that. I'm definately not going to do that.

Some of you guys are Vin Diesel and bummed the car is not a 300 horsepower monster. Your proud your 1st gen is 3/10 quicker in the quarter mile than the 2nd gen. Big deal, if you bought your TSX to be a track car or race car your simply a fool. Should have bought an EVO or STi, not a front wheel drive torqueless economy box with leather,heated seats, and mirror defrosters, race cars DON'T have those things. Luxury cars do though?

Yah this car isn't the G-35 or IS-350, different cars, I bought this car for the fact it gets MUCH better MPG's than those cars, in todays economy and gas prices who can argue with that? I find the car just is as striking in the looks department as those cars. This car is very cutting edge for the Honda line up and some people have hard time excepting change. Welcome to 2009.

I'm sure once most of you start seeing the new gen dropped on some 18's and 19's you'll think different. Once those Euro Accord grills and badges start showing up stateside you might wipe that sour look off your face. Fact is there is no aftermarket yet for this car, until then you'll have to except them stock and go pick on the new TL.

This is the 2nd Gen section of the site, let the new owners and prospective buyers enjoy there new purchases instead of dissing your fellow Hon-DUH brotheran.

Different strokes for different folks.

Genrec
Old 05-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Rockin the D2! Purple Pwr

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 09TSX
switchfootvz....Sorry you feel that way. There are many people who prefer the new TSX and other who have changed their mind after seeing/driving it so maybe it will grow on you. If not, sorry to see Acura has offended you with their new design, as they say, for every customer lost, you gain some along the way...I sure this will be the case also...
all the older tsx grab my eye..... and i wish i could get it...... but ya some one said it looks like a saturn.... it does
Old 05-14-2008, 01:33 AM
D

Originally Posted by genrec tsx
The 2nd gen owners aren't going to carry over into the first gen thread and let you know how your Accord carrys the same lines now as half the Suzuki line up and that a base Civic looks more cutting edge. NO, were not going to do that. I'm definately not going to do that.
Genrec
Word. I'm very glad that I waited for the new TSX instead of getting an '08.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:59 AM
Instructor

Wow, thanks all you haters for jacking up this thread...
Thank you for posting that. We've had a couple months now since the 09 TSX was unveiled, and in that time, I have heard just about every complaint in the book. I've been OK with that for most of the two months, because people have every right to react to a new design, and list criticisms if they don't like it.

But let's face it, it has now been almost two months, and the negativity is still going strong. Please just let this forum turn into a forum of inquiry, information, constructive comments (criticism is fine by me, as long as it actually adds something to the discussion), etc... rather than a continuous slam-fest. I get that some people legitimately hate the 09, and I get that some feel the need to make themselves feel better about their 1st gen TSX, but it's wearing on me.

Like it or not, this is the new TSX. Now can we just move on, and let this forum be about the new TSX, and not about why the new TSX sucks.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:19 AM
Go Big Blue!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by spurfan15
Thank you for posting that. We've had a couple months now since the 09 TSX was unveiled, and in that time, I have heard just about every complaint in the book. I've been OK with that for most of the two months, because people have every right to react to a new design, and list criticisms if they don't like it.

But let's face it, it has now been almost two months, and the negativity is still going strong. Please just let this forum turn into a forum of inquiry, information, constructive comments (criticism is fine by me, as long as it actually adds something to the discussion), etc... rather than a continuous slam-fest. I get that some people legitimately hate the 09, and I get that some feel the need to make themselves feel better about their 1st gen TSX, but it's wearing on me.

Like it or not, this is the new TSX. Now can we just move on, and let this forum be about the new TSX, and not about why the new TSX sucks.
Hey, you guys want to see venim flying about a new design. Come over to the RL forum. It's very ugly. I hope it calms down before the 09's hit the floor and new guys start coming here to get advice about their new RL's

Genrec_TSX; Don't be too insulted. Everyone is just giving their opinions. Just remember that's all it is. OPINIONS. You love how the car looks and drives. It's the right fit for you. Screw what the rest of us think.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:38 AM
where is my garage?!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, thanks all you haters for jacking up this thread. This thread was intended for 09 TSX owners to post up, not polute another thread with all the hate, like every other around here. So much for buying a mature car thinking I would join a forum with mature people. This is obviously the Hon-DUH crowd all over again, why I stayed away from them for that past 12 years. You guys all know opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one and they all stink?, such as most of yours. You guys know how to make a new member feel welcomed.

I've found over the years the people that are the most opinionated tend to be the most jealous? Maybe you can't afford to go out and get a new car, maybe your ass is simply a horrible negotiator and find yourself upside down in a car that has depreciated already and even more now that the 09 TSX has hit the dealers? Maybe your sour because you just went out an bought an 08 and realized your car looks AND is totally outdated? Maybe you really like your 04-08, that's great, congrats. The 2nd gen owners aren't going to carry over into the first gen thread and let you know how your Accord carrys the same lines now as half the Suzuki line up and that a base Civic looks more cutting edge. NO, were not going to do that. I'm definately not going to do that.

Some of you guys are Vin Diesel and bummed the car is not a 300 horsepower monster. Your proud your 1st gen is 3/10 quicker in the quarter mile than the 2nd gen. Big deal, if you bought your TSX to be a track car or race car your simply a fool. Should have bought an EVO or STi, not a front wheel drive torqueless economy box with leather,heated seats, and mirror defrosters, race cars DON'T have those things. Luxury cars do though?

Yah this car isn't the G-35 or IS-350, different cars, I bought this car for the fact it gets MUCH better MPG's than those cars, in todays economy and gas prices who can argue with that? I find the car just is as striking in the looks department as those cars. This car is very cutting edge for the Honda line up and some people have hard time excepting change. Welcome to 2009.

I'm sure once most of you start seeing the new gen dropped on some 18's and 19's you'll think different. Once those Euro Accord grills and badges start showing up stateside you might wipe that sour look off your face. Fact is there is no aftermarket yet for this car, until then you'll have to except them stock and go pick on the new TL.

This is the 2nd Gen section of the site, let the new owners and prospective buyers enjoy there new purchases instead of dissing your fellow Hon-DUH brotheran.

Different strokes for different folks.

Genrec

someone's getting defensive...
Old 05-14-2008, 08:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Alright guys, let's keep this thread on topic. Less comments, more 2G pics.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:08 AM
D

Old 05-14-2008, 11:11 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts

Old 05-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Instructor

Still not liking those wheels. Way to chunky. Looks like they came off a CR-V. THe optional 18" wheels Acura make it look a little better, but they still look like 17" wheels when surrounded by those huge fender flares.

I test drove one a week ago and really liked the feel of the electronic steering. It felt much lighter at low speeds. One of the major gripes I have and its kind of silly is the handle on the interior that opens the door. The 1st gen TSX has a nice solid chrome handle, but its been replaced by a flimsy plastic that doesn't match any of the other plastics. Why couldn't they just keep the chrome?
Old 05-14-2008, 12:03 PM
D

Originally Posted by Tmetcalf
Still not liking those wheels. Way to chunky. Looks like they came off a CR-V. THe optional 18" wheels Acura make it look a little better, but they still look like 17" wheels when surrounded by those huge fender flares.

I test drove one a week ago and really liked the feel of the electronic steering. It felt much lighter at low speeds. One of the major gripes I have and its kind of silly is the handle on the interior that opens the door. The 1st gen TSX has a nice solid chrome handle, but its been replaced by a flimsy plastic that doesn't match any of the other plastics. Why couldn't they just keep the chrome?
Like LuvMyTSX said, less comments, more pictures.

Old 05-14-2008, 12:44 PM
TSX Lover

Nice!!! That is the best I have seen of the black. Who's is it??

DOM, I am glad you like me Accord Coupe wheels. Next week sometime I hope to have a photochop with Polished Metal. I just ordered a PMM 6MT/tech yesterday.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:10 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Congrats! Why the photochop? Just put em on!

Wait, when you getting the 09?
Old 05-14-2008, 01:21 PM
TSX Lover

Originally Posted by dom
Congrats! Why the photochop? Just put em on!

Wait, when you getting the 09?
I want to see what they will look like on a PMM, because I am not getting my car until mid to late June.

I would do the chop sooner, but we are out of town this weekend for a mini vacation.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Fixed!

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
Alright guys, let's keep this thread on topic. Less comments, more 2G pics.
How about some new owner posted pics ... OF THEIR NEW CARS.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:03 PM
Racer

coming soon from me!
Old 05-14-2008, 04:05 PM
JDM Addict

Smile

well, seeing how nobody has posted these here in this thread yet, I will:

there.... I contributed something good in this thread now...
Old 05-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Go Big Blue!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice. that body kit looks very good in black. Better then the white one I saw. Thanks for the post.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 05-14-2008, 09:00 PM
Intermediate

I like the Silver on Black..nice Photochop skills!
Old 05-14-2008, 09:02 PM
jgs

Hey genrecTSX, I notice your plates show that you got the car from Tustin Acura. Is the the dealership in the Tustin Auto Center? I've purchased a couple of cars (2004 TL and 2006 TSX - both new) from them in the past and they were my first choice this time around. Unfortunately, the internet salesperson that I spoke to wasn't willing to work with me at all (my transaction involved a trade-in, so it was a bit more complicated). If fact, he seemed to discourage the transaction right off the bat, telling me that my terms not even remotely approachable. To make a long story short, I wound up getting my car from Bruce (forgot his last name), who's the internet sales manager at Weir Canyon Acura. He took excellent care of me and was definitely interested in earning my business. They've now gained a new customer, both for sales and service, while Tustin Acura has lost my business. I certainly hope you had a better experience with your car.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:04 PM
jgs

Hey genrecTSX, I notice your plates show that you got the car from Tustin Acura. Is the the dealership in the Tustin Auto Center? I've purchased a couple of cars (2004 TL and 2006 TSX - both new) from them in the past and they were my first choice this time around. Unfortunately, the internet salesperson that I spoke to wasn't willing to work with me at all (my transaction involved a trade-in, so it was a bit more complicated). If fact, he seemed to discourage the transaction right off the bat, telling me that my terms not even remotely approachable. To make a long story short, I wound up getting my car from Bruce (forgot his last name), who's the internet sales manager at Weir Canyon Acura. He took excellent care of me and was definitely interested in earning my business. They've now gained a new customer, both for sales and service, while Tustin Acura has lost my business. I certainly hope you had a better experience with your car.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:05 PM
jgs

Old 05-14-2008, 09:32 PM

Would someone photochop some of Speed Racer's Mach-5 wheels on there? I've been looking at the Hot Wheels collectible in Target and had forgotten how distinctive and futuristic those wheels were.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:00 AM
Racer

genrec's TSX's color i really like.

well mostly because it makes "the element" look ok as the very thick side parts of it are not as blatant. I have seen the TSX in blue in person and white and black and i think the bright metallics probably look best.

the white honestly looks pretty bad, maybe they will do a pearl white.

i also think that the TSX does in fact have all the bells and whistles of the G35. especially with gas costing what it does today I think i'd rather have a TSX than a G35 (i used to own a G35 before my TSX and it got realistically about 7 MPG less which is significant , i'd say about 30% less).

i mean the TSX from an interior and audio perspective has all the audio and electronics and actually probably more than a new G35 thoug hthe new g35's interior i'd say looks in pictures a touch better .

ANyhow, hopefully the diesel is nice , maybe ill upgrade. They are puttin gin the bluetooth headset law in california in a few months, and a $30000 bluetooth headset could be in order haha.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jsalaita
Same experience here. I went to Tustin Acura and they wouldn't even give me the time of day!! Ended up going to Weir Canyon Acura also because I live about 2 miles from the dealership. Bought my last two cars from there and they really take care of you as far as sales and service. Did you get an '09? What color ? and where do you live? Maybe I'll see you around sometime.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by hans007
... They are puttin gin the bluetooth headset law in california in a few months, and a $30000 bluetooth headset could be in order haha.
Yay, Arnold! I had to gun past a soccer mom in a Chrysler minivan who was speeding up, slowing down, drifting into other lanes ... and ... naturally, gabbing on teh phone. [censored]

Googling for info, I found:

Originally Posted by www.drivinglaws.org
So, how do you become hands-free? Here are your options for becoming Hands-Free:

* Abstinence ( don't use your cell phone while driving)
* Speaker Phone (your going to have to yell)
* Use a bluetooth wireless device. (you know, those things that people stick in their ear)
* Use a “wired” headset. ( most economical, ear buds plugged into your cell phone)
* Install a “car kit” ( most expensive)
Old 05-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Welcome Jeff!!! Haha, 90% of the people here are really cool. Don't get irked by the few negative-nancies.

Marcus

PS. Jeff is a friend of mine so don't hate No discounts for haters!
Old 05-15-2008, 03:14 PM

all this yappin for a picture thread - nice pics so far.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:51 PM
Racer

here's a couple quick pics from my camera phone. don't care about the haters or the "expert" reviews. I love my car!

Old 05-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Intermediate

Nice car Chibianh!

I couldn't agree with you more, can't please everyone all of the time just some of them some of the time
Old 05-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Intermediate

Guy's inquiring about where I bought my car..yes Tustin Acura. iIstarted my journey and negotiations at Mission Viejo Acura. Those guys are the biggest dicks in the industry. I have bought 22+ cars in my life and never have I been treated so rude and talked down to. They will never get my business. I dealed with an internet sales manger over at Tustin told him my deal at Mission Viejo, and over the phone he was able to beat them and do what needed to be done and it held true when I showed up to the dealer. They took care of me.
I have nothig bad to say about Tustin Acura.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Advanced

Alright, here goes.. first time posting pictures here, so hopefully this works out. I've had it three weeks now, and washed it once, so it's in need of another bath, but you get the idea. All stock except the lip spoiler.

Old 05-17-2008, 05:18 PM
Instructor

Still looks like a proud toothless citizen of backwoods (pick your state....WVA, TENN, KY, GA, other) wearing his, her Sundays best clothes for the Saturday nite Hootenanny down at Chicken Gizzard Hollow......

Sorry, each to their own.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:32 PM
Intermediate

I like the oem rear deck spoiler...Im just gonna hold off a bit an dsee what the after market brings in that area.

That was my second choice in colors.

Congrats
Old 05-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts
Oh my this car is hot! Especially the black one. I knew all it needs are some better looking wheels because the ones they come with just aren't cutting it.

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen TSX Picture Thread