'10 CU2 Base w/ Modulo

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 02:49 PM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
'10 CU2 Base w/ Modulo

Yoooo what up AZ? Figured I'd post the ownership timeline for my CU2.

Purchased in Late September of 2017 with 94k.

Totally stock with a great service history. Picked it up in Overland Park Kansas, I live in southwest Missouri, so took the 3 hr trek to purchase. Shortly after buying, I couldn't stand the fishbowl look.

This is my daily, so yeah it gets dirty. After rolling for about a year with the paint looking like crap, finally pulled it in the garage for a stage 1 paint correction to see how bad it was. Came out better than I thought it would. Previous owner probably never hand washed it, and always went through those crappy automatics.

Again, came out better than I expected, just with Meg's Ultimate Polish and some crappy Mothers Wax.

Shortly after this (OCT 2018) took my wife to Kansas City for a concert for her bday. Parked the car saturday night, and came out to this sunday morning...

Hit and run in the Hotel parking lot. No cameras, no note. Fantastic. Anyways after being upset for a few days, talked to my buddy who owns a body shop. I had been eyeing the Modulo bumper since I bought my TSX. Had him do a little research, found out he could still order it from Acura. Had him order it, install and sand/clear my headlights as they were pretty yellowed. I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

That brings us to today. Currently planning on doing a more extensive paint correction and ceramic coating in a couple weeks. I bought an extended warranty through the dealer so I'm waiting for that run out before I get crazy with coils and wheels. Just enjoying the car as I drive it like 18k miles a year. Currently at around 117k. Anyways hope you enjoy my journey!
Old 04-16-2019, 11:59 AM
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Very nice! Looks like you picked your TSX up at my local dealer (Hendrick Acura). I live about 10 minutes southwest of there but I actually bought my 2012 TSX SE in downtown Chicago (McGrath Acura) back in Nov 2013. That Modulo front bumper is on point!
Old 04-16-2019, 02:05 PM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by JayJayPG
Very nice! Looks like you picked your TSX up at my local dealer (Hendrick Acura). I live about 10 minutes southwest of there but I actually bought my 2012 TSX SE in downtown Chicago (McGrath Acura) back in Nov 2013. That Modulo front bumper is on point!
You are correct! Our salesman was AWESOME! We talked for a good week before my wife and I made the drive. He had everything ready for the purchase before we even got there. Will definitely drive again to buy from them! I actually used to live in Independence, so I'm familiar with the area and still have quite a few friends that live up there. I love the Modulo front, hands down best bumper you can find. I'm not a Mugen guy, too expensive for me, but I love how aggressive the Modulo front makes it.