09 TSX - VBP/Ebony

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 12:56 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 TSX - VBP/Ebony

I did my part to help the economy via a Christmas present to myself: a vortex blue pearl/ebony 09 TSX w/tech, lip spoiler, all season mats, trunk mat, splash guards (dealer was supposed to install the cargo hook - will contact them)

0.09% financing + bad economy = woo hooo!

Picking her up from the dealer:

She's posing! Such a tease!

Getting her tinted on Saturday. B/c of the crazy PA laws (or lack thereof), I'll prob get 40-50% just enough to shade the windows a bit w/some UV protection.

Will attempt to take some HDR pics when the weather is nicer.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:45 AM
Instructor

Congratulations, looks like PA does not require front tags on the car which makes the front end look so clean. I wish MN did not require front tags. Maybe I should start a "green" campaign to have them removed since they hurt fuel economy?????
Old 12-27-2008, 01:54 PM
10th Gear

Thanks!!!

Yeah, I was worried b/c I got the only VBP/ebony in the tri-state area (I did my own search besides the dealer doing theirs). This one came from New Jersey with does require front plates. Was worried the front plates were drilled into the bumper until my sales rep showed me that was actually connected to the bottom grill.

YES! Start a grassroot campaign!!! No more front plates!

Oh, got the windows tinted this morn. 40%. Will post pics when the weather is better (rainy here for the next few days)
Old 12-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very nice, welcome to the club!

Keep an eye on the ends of your decklid spoiler. The ends of mine started to come up because the 3M tape didn't adhere to the car very well the first time. I had it removed and resealed and it stays in place now.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:52 PM
i-vtec soo good

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
That's a real nice color.
Best of luck with the new TSX
Old 12-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Can't wait to drive

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the new TSX! Hope you will enjoy it. I love that color as it looks just like my old Arctic Blue Pearl of my 1st Gen TSX. Very sweet!
Old 01-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
congrats man..looks good
Old 01-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 547 Likes on 354 Posts
Nice ride! Where are you in PA? If you don't mind me asking, what was your price? I'm currently shopping and have said this also LOL:

"0.09% financing + bad economy = woo hooo!"
Old 01-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Congrats. Your combo is the one I'd like if I were shopping right now. And you took the only one in the area! J/k, enjoy.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:20 PM
10th Gear

@ all: Thanks everyone! So far Im lovin' her! I think my neighbors think Im weird b/c I've been sitting out in my car for long periods of time. I can't help it though! Ima trying to learn all the controls, set the XM and figure out the voice commands and more! It so much fun! Screw my neighbors! haha!

@ DerwoodEE: Thx for the heads-up! I'll keep an eye out.

@ ESHBG: hehe. I know, right?

Im in Philly, like you. I first went to Piazza Acura (near my work) but ended up buying @ Metro Acura. Piazza was very upscale and professional when I went in and even when I went in to deal but... they gave me poo more my trade-in. If they would have even giving me an extar $100 more, I would have went with them - the sales manager was nice at first but ended up turning into a stereotypical car saleman (my sales rep himself was nice though). I was also in contact with Montgomeryville & Elite plus I checked out all the other dealer's websites within 75 miles (lol).

I posted this elsewhere but not in detail I think: my TSX/tech was $30473 (before adding the cost of the lip spoiler, etc). I got them to throw in the following: all-season mats, trunk mat, cargo hook, splash guards and wheel locks. I can give ya my sale's rep name if you'd like. He'd prob work a great deal for ya.

Finally, got my windows tinted at: Shades of Gray. Very professional and only took one hour! They posted my car in their forums under the Acura subsection (got to contact them as it shoudl read 40%).
Old 01-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

I was going to PM you but wasn't sure if you had enough posts yet:

Originally Posted by omegabob
@ ESHBG: hehe. I know, right?

Im in Philly, like you. I first went to Piazza Acura (near my work) but ended up buying @ Metro Acura. Piazza was very upscale and professional when I went in and even when I went in to deal but... they gave me poo more my trade-in. If they would have even giving me an extar $100 more, I would have went with them - the sales manager was nice at first but ended up turning into a stereotypical car saleman (my sales rep himself was nice though). I was also in contact with Montgomeryville & Elite plus I checked out all the other dealer's websites within 75 miles (lol).

I posted this elsewhere but not in detail I think: my TSX/tech was $30473 (before adding the cost of the lip spoiler, etc). I got them to throw in the following: all-season mats, trunk mat, cargo hook, splash guards and wheel locks. I can give ya my sale's rep name if you'd like. He'd prob work a great deal for ya.
Whoa, how weird is this! I too am currently dealing w/ Piazza Acura and am having the same **EXACT** experience! Their pricing has been decent so far but I've still needed to make a counter offer and now waiting to see what they come back with but...I may need to walk and head elsewhere unfortunately. I'm trying to beat the clock, though, because I qualify and want the 0.9% APR, which expires on Monday as of now. I get the feeling that Acura may extend it or give another offer soon after, though, because sales are still way down.

Is your $30,473 figure pre-tax? And you got them to throw in an awful lot of stuff...me likey!

Sure, I'll take any info you can provide! Thanks again and if you can PM, please feel free to PM me!

Last edited by ESHBG; 01-03-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:06 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
Congrats. Your combo is the one I'd like if I were shopping right now. And you took the only one in the area! J/k, enjoy.
Tee hee! Thanks! The taupe interior is available though - hahahah j/k

@ESHBG: I'll PM ya the details, but here are the basics:

-That price was pre-tax & tags (btw - I transfered my plates as they are personalized)
-Since I liked the price, I decided to see how far I could push it with the options. Acurazine has been VERY HELPFUL in my research (thx to everyone here - very very helpful info and insight here! I lurked for quite a long time before I signed up). I prob could have asked for more extras but I wasnt interested in anything else.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the info, and I'll be looking forward to the PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:13 PM
USDM -> JDM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
oh damn.. thats a hella good deal you got... what was the price OTD?