09 Black TSX w/ Tech Package

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 04:01 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 Black TSX w/ Tech Package

Hello everyone, I've been trying to mod my car for quite sometime now but I haven't had the money for it because I am a college student. Now I have a little bit of $$$ saved up and ready to start modding. I would love any suggestions you guys make and I gladly accept opinions! Thanks in advance.

I currently do not have any pics of my car yet but I just installed some 6k HID fog lights and I have 18" Ronjon wheels on the way!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:44 AM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Received 527 Likes on 387 Posts
Nice. but we need pics...
Anyway...looks like you're on your way. People are gonna say you'll need a drop with those wheels...what else can u do...oh did u LED your interior lights and license/trunk lights? Relatively cheap mod which looks awesome. How about tints?
Old 10-18-2011, 01:57 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
welcome man
Old 10-18-2011, 03:53 PM
You see me, I CU2

Received 358 Likes on 284 Posts
Welcome

Check every build thread that everyone has in this forum. Each person did their own thing with their cars and it should give you an idea
Old 10-19-2011, 11:14 PM
10th Gear

Finally got some pics of the Fog Lights! (Sorry my car is a little bit dirty)

Tell me what you think! Personally I think they're nice, however they were more blue than I had originally thought..

Anyway...looks like you're on your way. People are gonna say you'll need a drop with those wheels...what else can u do...oh did u LED your interior lights and license/trunk lights? Relatively cheap mod which looks awesome. How about tints?
I don't think I'm gonna get a drop, idk why but I think the height is perfect just the way it is. I haven't LED'd the interior but I did order some license plate LED's and I'm gonna put those in soon. And I have a 35% tint on the car but I'm planning to do 5% on the back ones and then do 20% on the front. And I'm also gonna use vinyl to black out my tail lights, 20%.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:27 AM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/interior-lights-door-dome-vanity-etc-license-plate-lights-led-conversion-684754/

here's the thread for all the led bulbs that me and other TSX'ers have bought. Make sure you read through most of it, the original map/dome lights were too big..I think it was 36mm and we need 31mm or something.

I know many people aren't fans of tinting the tails (myself included) but if you like it, up to you.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:33 AM
10th Gear

Thanks for that link mrstak!!! It helped alot! Especially in installing the license plate lights which I probably would've never been able to figure out myself. (I just installed them today)

I think I'm gonna LED the interior now that I saw all those pictures. I found a kit on ebay for $60 (Shipping included)

I know many people aren't fans of tinting the tails (myself included) but if you like it, up to you.
I dont know how I'm gonna feel about it so that's why I'm doing it with vinyl. I ordered it for $10 on ebay and if I don't like it I can just peel it right off!

Welcome

Check every build thread that everyone has in this forum. Each person did their own thing with their cars and it should give you an idea
Thanks man I've been looking around alot and some people have done bits and pieces of what I've done so it's giving me a pretty good idea about what it'll look like when I'm finished!

BTW, Do yall like the 6k Fog lights or should I get some 5k ones?
Old 10-26-2011, 10:52 AM
10th Gear

Finally made some time to do my tail lights with the vinyl, I only have night time pics of them though..

Oh and here's a pic of my LED license plate lights that I got from ijdmtoy

Let me know what you guys think!
Old 10-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 127 Posts
personally not a fan of the tinted taillights. there's no contrast at all which makes it look bland.

look up resonator delete or resonator removal. its a free mod you can do.

then look up kowloonsniper on how to bake your headlights and melt them to clear out the amber turnsignals
Old 10-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
I almost thought this was incognito Modesto for a minute but I thinke he had his front grille painted. Shhhwwwweeeewww!

I think we are good though. Liking the fogs, and I would continue to just look at other threads and find things you like. Just try to keep it original.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:49 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
not a fan of the tinted tails as well, but everythign else is on point!
Old 10-26-2011, 08:29 PM
10th Gear

personally not a fan of the tinted taillights. there's no contrast at all which makes it look bland.

look up resonator delete or resonator removal. its a free mod you can do.

then look up kowloonsniper on how to bake your headlights and melt them to clear out the amber turn signals
Yeah I know but I was kinda going for a more stealthier look you know? Don't get me wrong I love the tail lights how they are but I just wanted to do something different. And plus it's vinyl so if I ever get tired of it I can take it off

Does taking the resonator off make it sound louder? Cause I have an Injen CAI on it and its pretty loud when i gas it. Do you know if it'll compliment the sound of the Intake or just make it too loud?

Wow thanks for that I was looking for a way to make those clear! Will that be illegal though?

I almost thought this was incognito Modesto for a minute but I thinke he had his front grille painted. Shhhwwwweeeewww!

I think we are good though. Liking the fogs, and I would continue to just look at other threads and find things you like. Just try to keep it original.
Haha who's that? I think I'm sticking with the grill the way it is but I'm not sure yet lol. And yeah I'm trying to keep it original, thanks for the tip man! Glad you think the fogs are nice!

not a fan of the tinted tails as well, but everythign else is on point!
Thanks for the opinion! I'm gonna take some pics of the tail lights in day time so you could get a better picture of it, I really liked the outcome.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:51 PM
10th Gear

Btw one more question, if I did want to paint match the grill how would I do it? I've asked the paint shops around town and they said it wouldn't be a good idea because the paint would just flake off after a few days. Sanding it down wouldn't be an option cuz that would just ruin the entire grill and I have yet to find a grill that comes primed and ready to paint anywhere. So how do you guys do it? It would be nice to know if I get interested in it later. Thanks!
Old 10-26-2011, 10:09 PM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
you can plastidip the grill. just search plastidip grill, its pretty straight forward though. its a matte black color and peels off easily. you can also CF wrap the grill(vinyl). i believe people paint the grill by just using some sand paper to scratch it up so the paint has something to stick to, they don't fully sand it down. search paintmatching grill, may give you something.

if you have a CAI you already disconnected your resonator to install that. and no i don't believe removing the amber reflectors is illegal, though you may want to look into getting VLED switchbacks or something similar, that way when you turn on your turn signal, it does flash amber. you can search those too
The following users liked this post:
Osnow (10-27-2011)
Old 10-26-2011, 10:16 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Also, 60 bucks for LED interior lights is expensive! I bought all mine for like a buck or two each bulb off ebay. Just search up the bulb type and "led" and look for the one that matches your stock bulb. IIRC the most expensive ones for me were my vanity led bulbs. I probably spent around 20 or less for all my LEDs. 2 map, 1 dome, 4 courtesy, 4 vanity, 2 license, 1 trunk...I think that's all.
The following users liked this post:
ed_423 (10-26-2011)
Old 10-27-2011, 02:06 AM
10th Gear

you can plastidip the grill. just search plastidip grill, its pretty straight forward though. its a matte black color and peels off easily. you can also CF wrap the grill(vinyl). i believe people paint the grill by just using some sand paper to scratch it up so the paint has something to stick to, they don't fully sand it down. search paintmatching grill, may give you something.

if you have a CAI you already disconnected your resonator to install that. and no i don't believe removing the amber reflectors is illegal, though you may want to look into getting VLED switchbacks or something similar, that way when you turn on your turn signal, it does flash amber. you can search those too
Thanks for the tips! I think I'm gonna try plastidipping the grill at first to get an idea, and who knows I might stick with it. Could you post a pic or a link to a pic where I can see a black 09 tsx with the black plastidip grill? That would be great cuz I looked forever and only found white ones.

Ok thanks for clearing that resonator thing up. And I decided to just stick with the reflectors, I might just put some light smoke vinyl on them to tone them down a little though.

Also, 60 bucks for LED interior lights is expensive! I bought all mine for like a buck or two each bulb off ebay. Just search up the bulb type and "led" and look for the one that matches your stock bulb. IIRC the most expensive ones for me were my vanity led bulbs. I probably spent around 20 or less for all my LEDs. 2 map, 1 dome, 4 courtesy, 4 vanity, 2 license, 1 trunk...I think that's all.
My bad it wasn't 60 bucks I was looking at the wrong thing. It was around $30 but just for the interior lights, and they're actually panels of LED's not just bulbs, so it's like 60 LED's total.

Thanks for all your suggestions! Keep 'em coming!
Old 10-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
yea i paid about 55 for LED's. 2 8 SMD map lights, 9 or 12 SMD rear dome light. 4 3SMD vanity mirror lights, 4 5SMD courtesy door lights. and 2 5 SMD license plate lights. and like a 20SMD trunk light. i do have multiples though, and some i ordered white and blue to see how the color looks
Old 10-27-2011, 11:33 AM
You see me, I CU2

Osnow don't mind the tinted tail haters haha

All bout tinted tails
Old 10-27-2011, 08:12 PM
10th Gear

yea i paid about 55 for LED's. 2 8 SMD map lights, 9 or 12 SMD rear dome light. 4 3SMD vanity mirror lights, 4 5SMD courtesy door lights. and 2 5 SMD license plate lights. and like a 20SMD trunk light. i do have multiples though, and some i ordered white and blue to see how the color looks
How are the 8 SMD map lights? Are they too bright? I was thinking 6 would be good for the front and 12 for the back..

Osnow don't mind the tinted tail haters haha

All bout tinted tails
Haha thanks Mr. NC, I haven't got any good pics of them yet but honestly I think it'll change everyones mind when I have a nice cloudy day outside to take pics during the day time. They look sweet!
Old 10-27-2011, 08:22 PM
You see me, I CU2

Yea I had my skeptics too when I had mine installed but I chose a very light tint for the front and rears, just enough to make it look different from a stock TSX
Old 10-27-2011, 08:40 PM
10th Gear

And I get my 18" RonJon Legend Liquid Graphite rims tomorrow! Hopefully I'll get those on this weekend and I'll take more pics.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:57 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts
No, no, modesto.

LOL.

I'm not a fan of the tinter tails either....

otherwise jood job!
Old 10-27-2011, 11:44 PM
ROTAREDOM

Received 1,488 Likes on 1,058 Posts
Just do everything Kowloon did and you'll have a cool car. Tinted tails are cool. Don't listen to everyone else. IIIIIFFFF you do want some contrast in your tails then just cut out your back ups, then you'll have some nice white contrast. And don't put TRON lights on your valves... Can't remember who did that TSXD2010 but it was horrible lol.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:29 PM
10th Gear

No, no, modesto.

LOL.

I'm not a fan of the tinter tails either....

otherwise jood job!
Thanks man I appreciate it!

Just do everything Kowloon did and you'll have a cool car. Tinted tails are cool. Don't listen to everyone else. IIIIIFFFF you do want some contrast in your tails then just cut out your back ups, then you'll have some nice white contrast. And don't put TRON lights on your valves... Can't remember who did that TSXD2010 but it was horrible lol.
Yeah I really like them myself. I don't think I'm gonna cut the back ups out just because i worked so hard to put them on and if I mess them I'm gonna be mad lol. Plus I really like them the way they are but thanks for the suggestion! Haha alright
Old 11-10-2011, 11:16 AM
10th Gear

Hey I've been really busy these past two weeks and haven't been able to get on my thread but I'm going to take pictures soon! I recently put my new rims on and plasti dipped my grill and I must say I'm loving the way it looks now! I'll have pics soon, possibly with in the next week or sooner.