Lil Heeltoe update, All intakes with pics! Let us know your impressions!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 09:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Lil Heeltoe update, All intakes with pics! Let us know your impressions!

Hey guys, help others out by giving some brief reviews on your intakes!

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/home.php?cat=2535

Marcus
Old 03-19-2010, 10:04 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The good:

First off the Ice Box is quieter then removing the resonator from the factory air box, and much quieter then the Takeda intake I was running prior. I'm assuming that since the Injen is the same type of intake as the Takeda the same will apply.

The other thing I noticed is that the car seems to breathe a lot better with the Ice Box then with the Takeda. The car revs more freely through the RPM range and has, IMO, a noticeable increase in low and mid range torque.

The Bad:

There really isn't anything negative to say about the Ice Box other then there seems to be a clamp missing in the package.

The reason I say this is because the only way to fasten the air inlet tube velocity stack to the Icebox is by bolting the supplied bracket to the frame and then using the supplied clamp to secure the bracket to the bottom of the velocity stack. The system relies on the bracket, which has to be bent and manipulated, to cantilever the bottom portion of the velocity stack which in turn is suppose to appliy enough upward force to hold the upper part of the velocity stack to the lower part of the Icebox.

Simply put. It isn't good enough. I thought I had tightened it well enough but the drive home from Seattle on I-5, which by the way rattles the fillings from your teeth, must have caused enough vibration the 'loosen' the bracket and clamp. Now my car sounds like shit.

The simple fix as I see it is to get another clamp and use it to secure the top portion of the velocity stack to the bottom of the Icebox.

Those of you who have the system will know what I'm talking about when you install it.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ANOTHER CLAMP BEFORE YOU START THE INSTALL.

This is a very small annoyance for an Intake system that is otherwise top shelf.

It's well made, looks amazing under the hood, pictures don't do it justice, and works better IMO then any other intake system I have used. And I've used them all.

Best intake I've used. Period.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Hey that is cool!

Really I was looking for you to click the link! You've used 2 intakes it seems so you can actually review and rate both with out cool star system:

Old 03-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
Star system FTW
Old 03-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
Hey that is cool!

Really I was looking for you to click the link! You've used 2 intakes it seems so you can actually review and rate both with out cool star system:

Done.

Do you have any Carbon Fibre fuel rail covers for the CU2?
Old 03-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Former Sponsor

None yet! I was hoping to get some more movement on the spark plug covers before I made the larger part. Would you be willing to go for both?
Old 03-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
None yet! I was hoping to get some more movement on the spark plug covers before I made the larger part. Would you be willing to go for both?
Isn't the spark plug cover bigger then the fuel rail cover? I know the CTE SC fuel rail cover is pretty small.

To answer your question though I think I would be willing to go for both. That's a lot of Carbon Fibre under the hood but the CF spark plug cover is a hell of a lot better the the silver thing Acura decided to use.

Price dependent of course. I know the CTE fuel rail cover is only $90.

Let me know what you have in mind.

How much are your spark plug covers?
Old 03-20-2010, 01:34 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Please post some pictures (or a link) of the carbon fiber elements. Would you ship things in Europe?
Old 03-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
this might be a stupid question but can I leave feed back on your site even though I didnt buy it from heeltoe?
Old 03-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ttk5
this might be a stupid question but can I leave feed back on your site even though I didnt buy it from heeltoe?
Of course you may! It isn't about where you bought, its about the product!

Our carbon parts are listed on heeltoeauto.com. International checkout is available as well!

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/home.php?cat=1251

The quality on these is simply amazing. The CT is small but it is also not the same as the OEM part. The OEM cover goes over the whole intake manifold! The CT part leaves a lot of that exposed since it is meant for cars with the supercharger.