AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G TSX Performance Parts & Modifications (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-performance-parts-modifications-299/)
-   -   Has anyone install Stoptech SS lines on their CU2? (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-performance-parts-modifications-299/has-anyone-install-stoptech-ss-lines-their-cu2-919914/)

colombian0707 10-19-2014 09:23 AM

Has anyone install Stoptech SS lines on their CU2?

Just bought a kit that came with these not sure if the fitment is going to be a issue.

jeroplex 10-24-2014 06:46 AM

I have them didnt have an issue

Glepage22 10-30-2014 08:28 AM

Does you feel a difference in the brake pedal response?

ExcelerateRep 10-30-2014 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Glepage22 (Post 15217825)
Does you feel a difference in the brake pedal response?

The stainless steel brake lines will firmen up the pedal and reduce brake fade after repeated stops.

iCrap 10-30-2014 12:23 PM

How do they reduce fade? I get the firmer pedal but I don't see how it would help to reduce brake fade.

ceb 10-31-2014 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by iCrap (Post 15218236)
How do they reduce fade? I get the firmer pedal but I don't see how it would help to reduce brake fade.

By the power of exaggerated claims and false advertising.

Additionally, the SS brake lines only marginally improve brake pedal feel. If it were that simple, then all manufacturers would install them from the factory.

Here is a short discussion on brake fade and feel.

UTAH TSX 10-31-2014 07:59 AM

Here is a short discussion on brake fade and feel.[/QUOTE]

Short CEB LOL

justnspace 10-31-2014 08:05 AM

actually, the reason why it doesnt come stock on more vehicles is because its more expensive.

for if you're wondering the 1st gen RDX comes stock with SS lines.

Jaheri_cbp 10-31-2014 08:29 PM

CEB is such a performance mod hater... lol like no car can be improved upon.. All cars come perfect from the assembly line smh... Utahs car is an abomination in that case lol

xtcnrice 11-01-2014 01:53 PM

utah's car is teh sex

ceb 11-01-2014 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jaheri_cbp (Post 15220054)
CEB is such a performance mod hater... lol like no car can be improved upon.. All cars come perfect from the assembly line smh... Utahs car is an abomination in that case lol

You clearly didn't comprehend what I said.

The vendor stated that SS brake lines reduce fade. That is a patently false statement.

SS brake lines will improve brake pedal feel slightly but the difference is slight.

As far as a hatred towards performance mods is concerned, that is also wrong - but - one needs to determine if the costs of the mods are actually worth it or are they incorrect assertions made by vendors and owners who want to believe the claims.

Jaheri_cbp 11-01-2014 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by ceb (Post 15220723)
You clearly didn't comprehend what I said.

The vendor stated that SS brake lines reduce fade. That is a patently false statement.

SS brake lines will improve brake pedal feel slightly but the difference is slight.

As far as a hatred towards performance mods is concerned, that is also wrong - but - one needs to determine if the costs of the mods are actually worth it or are they incorrect assertions made by vendors and owners who want to believe the claims.

Lol my comprehension was based on a compilation of "ceb" replies.. Not just this one in specific.. We ALL (well maybe not ALL yet) know how much you love the "2nd gen tsx performance mod" section.. I don't pass judgement on one sole post but I do see a trend with your replies.. IMO you obviously do not feel a tsx should be heavily modified, do I comprehend that?? Or should I just assume you just specialize in commenting only when contradicting, I don't see any "ceb" posts in the flashpro thread, or turbo build thread, or any other thread where you have nothing adverse to say... U have to be a lawyer lol

Jaheri_cbp 11-01-2014 08:13 PM

Not saying I disagree with everything you say ceb, but it seems your sole purpose for replies in any thread seem to be only for a rebut