Go for power or not to go for power

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 08:51 AM
PROFESSIONAL IDIOT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Go for power or not to go for power

Hey guys,
So with these cold days that Im not driving my cu2 (bought a legacy for the winter) I cant help but to wonder what Im gonna do to it come spring. Tax return money will be avalible and all.
My car needs new brakes so thats the first thing, probablly going to go with a excelerate package and possibly paint the calipers for more hp of course.

The question comes down to is the money for: intake, PCD and high flow cat, hondata, catback exhaust, tune, ect. is that worth it? ~$2400 w/o labor
Im struggling to decide to dump my hard earned money into a car that isnt going to gain much power. I like the performance of the cu2 but see potential for more oomph when I mash the pedal.
Maybe you guys can give me some feedback since some of you are very experienced in this area.
Also if anyone has any feed back for what the 2.4 sounds like with rv6 pcd and high flow cat that would help too. Was thinking of this new endless rpm exhaust for the cat-back.

Thanks guys!
Old 01-22-2016, 09:33 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 86 Posts
I've seen RV6 tax rebate sales in the past...
Old 01-22-2016, 09:39 AM
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 135 Posts
Depends on your situation.

Me? No. All that money, and it's still going to be slow. Just downshift a few gears if I need to get going. Plus I have a wife and son. Family responsibilities. Picked up some nice wheels, gave it a little stance, and have a bunch of left over detailing supplies from previous endeavors to keep it clean. But that's my agenda and I'm content with that. I enjoy coming on here and seeing what everyone else is doing.

PCD + stock exhaust = rasp. Check the RV6 thread. There's also a few videos on the tube.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:34 AM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Received 1,112 Likes on 876 Posts
IMO, if you're not going forced induction, then only do the PCD and the FlashPro+tune. Catback exhaust and CAI won't net you any discernible performance gain. HFC? I don't think much either... the biggest restriction is likely the first cat.

You can go faster with lighter wheels and better tires. Don't forget that!
Old 01-25-2016, 01:10 PM
PROFESSIONAL IDIOT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah, I gotta compare the weight of the 19" I have to my stock wheels, they're still pretty heavy being 19x9.5. Tires are way better though, Toyo proxies