Ct sc.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ct sc.

So where are the dyno numbers that were told we would have???? And what is really involved in making the SC work like it was put on at the factory? Clutch etc.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:27 AM
WTH happened to my garage

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts
(Sorry, long)

In my direct installation & tuning experience with B, K and J series engine S/C kits, (Comptech, Vortech/Paxton, Jackson Racing, ATI, Whipple, Alpine, Eaton OE's etc.) with a base boost system, unless you thrash it, the stock clutch will hold up fine.

I've had guys smoke a clutch in >500 miles and others last 50,000 miles. Once you exceed the base kit with a smaller S/C pulley, just like anything, if you overclock it the lifespan will shorten.

The biggest shock to the system is stupid stuff like side-stepping the clutch or repetitive drag launches. Then you not only have to consider the clutch, but the trans itself, cv axles, motor mounts, etc.

I'm sure there will be a good clutch offered soon. IMHO, just don't go overboard with a mega high effort plate and you'll still enjoy driving it. Something *like* an ACT HDSS (heavy duty plate, street/strip disc and a stock flywheel) will hold up very well in this app if you don't beat on it.

If all out performance is what you want, then a lightened flywheel, ACT XT (extreme plate) and a SS disc or unsprung hub puck disc will serve you well. But...you'll hate driving the damned thing every day.

Some people have posted that the ACT hasn't been very good on K series apps. In my experience, if it's installed (new or machined flwheel, unless it's a dual mass, then new only) and *BROKEN IN PROPERLY*, (500 miles *city* driving as though you had a glass of water on the hood and you're trying not to spill it) they hold up very well.

I'm sure dyno charts will be posted shortly.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry everyone CT-E still has not e-mailed me the dyno numbers yet. I hope to have them this week. As far as everything goes the car runs great. They did a excellent job, everyone thinks that it is a factory install. I cannot say enough good thinks about all the products that they are making for this car. As soon as everything becomes available I will let everyone know.