Strange hands free link behavior

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 05:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 52 Posts
Strange hands free link behavior

We have a week old '13 TSX base. We have my wife's iPhone 6s connected to it and it appears to work just fine. Today, while driving around we had to disable the bluetooth on the phone in order to hear the map direction for some odd reasons. Shortly after, the car's bluetooth system would come on every few minutes with a message saying something about "pairing from the smartphone is not available" this strange things was pretty disruptive and annoying and we were basically forced to enable the bluetooth on the wife's iPhone to stop this crazy message. Is this typical behavior or perhaps something is messed up with our car's hands free link?
Old 01-01-2016, 08:29 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,277 Likes on 952 Posts
Originally Posted by mlody
We have a week old '13 TSX base. We have my wife's iPhone 6s connected to it and it appears to work just fine. Today, while driving around we had to disable the bluetooth on the phone in order to hear the map direction for some odd reasons. Shortly after, the car's bluetooth system would come on every few minutes with a message saying something about "pairing from the smartphone is not available" this strange things was pretty disruptive and annoying and we were basically forced to enable the bluetooth on the wife's iPhone to stop this crazy message. Is this typical behavior or perhaps something is messed up with our car's hands free link?
The car is fine. Delete the phone from the car, the car from the phone and reboot your phone. Re-pair your phone and all should be well. When re-pairing the phone make sure to check the "connect automatically" if that option appears.
The following users liked this post:
mlody (01-04-2016)
Old 01-04-2016, 09:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb
The car is fine. Delete the phone from the car, the car from the phone and reboot your phone. Re-pair your phone and all should be well. When re-pairing the phone make sure to check the "connect automatically" if that option appears.
This this the trick. Strange indeed as I have never experienced this issue on other cars with hands link free. So far all good.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:12 AM
Banned

Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts
another option to get direction on your Iphone while your device is still hooked up to car's Bluetooth and without having to turn off your Bluetooth is to swipe up from the lock screen to bring up the shortcut menu, options of airplane mode, wifi, bluetooth, appear, where it says AirDrop., select that and choose iphone, now your directions will be coming from your phone's speakers but if a call comes in it will go through your HFL system like normal.

the behavior tends to happen to me when I have the usb connected to my phone and charging with the built in USB connection in center console, while the Bluetooth is enable. It gets confused if your are trying to stream via Bluetooth or usb.