Radio Presets disappeared

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 11:17 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio Presets disappeared

I searched for something similar but don't see anything exactly like what happened to me, so here goes. Several of my radio presets suddenly changed by themselves -- to random station numbers that are not quite on a station, so it's full of static. Some of the old presets are still there, though. Most of the radio presets are unchanged since I got the car 2 years ago. Any idea how/why this could happen? I don't see how it could be a battery terminal issue since of them are still there, and I'm using the same key fob I always use. This is a 2012 TSX wagon with Tech/navigation and about 35,000 miles on it.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,582 Likes on 6,629 Posts
how old is your battery? If the car lost power, the presets would have reset.

How are the condition of the terminals? Any corrosion?
Old 04-12-2017, 11:21 AM
Cruisin'

The battery is at least 2 years old, but as I said above, only about 4 or 5 of the presets changed... the rest are unchanged. Wouldn't a battery problem wipe all of them out at once?
Old 04-12-2017, 11:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,582 Likes on 6,629 Posts
It could just be that the default stations it reset to just so happens to be the same as the stations you preset to. I wouldn't rule the battery out just for that red herring..

If it's an OEM Acura battery, I'd probably replace it. Also clean all your terminals and check for corrosion.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:29 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks. It's going into the dealer for service and an airbag recall, so I could have them check it, but I don't know if I want them selling me one of their batteries (unless it's still covered under the CPO warranty, which I'm guessing it isn't).
Old 06-05-2017, 01:23 AM
Cruisin'

Check and see if your A.SEL button is pushed. When it is on it will automatically tune to local stations and take over the presets until you turn it off. It happened to me on another car and was grabbing everything except what I wanted.

If you do need a battery, consider AAA. My TSX went suddenly dead one day. I checked prices on line before calling AAA. They came right out and tested the battery and charging system and installed a new one for a good price.
Old 06-07-2017, 05:42 PM
RTM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Are the radio presets tied to the key you use, like the seat settings?

Don't have my car or manual handy, so guessing here.