Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 02:33 AM
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
PCCAR in my TSX

PCCAR. Sorry for google translater
---->Original russian version
---->My car on Drive2.ru
It has long been this idea of ​​flying somewhere nearby. So I finally decided, when my daughter Sophia broke my netbook ... And as well - had flooded and knocked out Claudia matrix.
Resolved - will be on the basis of Netbook ...

Very long thought how to do it, how to manage and so on. But more on that later

Above all we must build the screen. Decided figachit 9 inch

That's what happened.

But then I realized that with a native frame is not realistic to build a 9-inch, just a canopy will cover half the screen (and broke during the operation of the nervous

I bought the frame from the Navi package, but there for the 8-inch ... Well start all over again.

All modeled on a two-component epoxy adhesive. Immediately - very hard, waiting for what will be easier. But then prilavchilsya and easier. Tip: Stir the glue better under water ...

In general 2 days - and the frame is almost ready ... dub, dub ... paint nozhdachkami from 100 to 2500 ... In general, after painting again dub shoals - paint. Again, dub ... and so lead up to the ideal ...

Then embedded screen ... was a perfect and smooth.

Further work on the Notebook
This webcam

Decided to transfer the OEM screen in the roof ...

Next sawing, sticking ...

cut out unnecessary piece

Frame is glued to the standard oem screen

And here it is ... great invention ... TIGHTS. not think I'll do so ... but it is necessary:

Covered all the resin

+

Damn now I do not like a lot of unneeded small "mini glovesboxes" buttons and so on ...
first of all decided to move the button

Buttons and stick together in moved to ashtray

In general all sealed, new forms of output

Next, using fiberglass and resin, increasingly, then aligned putty well and attach okanchatelnye "soft" forms of ... almost all the corners have been removed.

Power supply unit

The wires are soldered to it on the line to feed on the laptop to knopek +, so that all switched on and off automatically.

Then gathered everything

It was further decided to make the active hub, but he needs to 5V. Was bought by a converter that provides 5V and 3A ... this will be enough to complete

Ну и вот она центральная консоль…
Well, here it is the center console ...
I must say - I do not use coasters, removing them I was doing it deliberately ... for me it was garbege collector

Clock ... In this form, not a lot of dancing ... not repainted in gloss black , the substrate must take the dark ... and at the same time in black lacquer dye - hammer, "stand" automatic transmission and small silver plastic around the cabin

OH and here is the report to use:
I'll start with the scheme.

Well, let's go.
1. It is very complex.
I used my old laptop ASUS EEE 1000H with a broken matrix is ​​not working clave. Nothing specific in it there is no
Price: 0
2. Food
For power I use a special power DC-DC. Notebook is powered directly from the accumulator through the block. Between the accumulator and the unit is fuse bulb. With this unit was a lot of trouble. The unit is intended not only for food but also for the automatic switching on and off companies. Inclusion could adjust, no shutdown. And was not that easy ... He turned down a minute after the disappearance of the ACC, and sometimes I turned off the machine before, and the laptop was turned off, but need not, what would he have turned down. As a result, I have brought companies through the inclusion of a button. I bought a full-time in Latvia VSA button and put it next to the standard, there were just 2 empty stub and hung it on / off.
Price: $ 60
3. Management Comp.
The heart of the whole administration - it's 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator (hereinafter'll call him CH) ... Immediately after the purchase I'm actually disappointed in this thing called. But being able to properly set up - just not in him the soul of tea ... Well, insanely handy gizmo. I eventually even help him become a good idea to control the mouse.
The program is for CH RBC9 avtosloi those she defines what the program should now run. So I simply run the application I needed in one motion on the CH, and then in these programs manage, on a pre-programmed movement for them. Admissible rotation axis CH I always - is the next or previous track (these teams picks as Winamp, and WMP)
Plus, I have a CH Joystick - with this thing, I connected the keys on the steering wheel to a computer. And now the good fortune, I can switch tracks, as on the handlebars, and heart failure. Also on the steering wheel in my hands and ENter button up and down. Used to configure the program RBC9 CH and keymaniac for key bindings.
Price: SpaceNavigator 80 $ (ebay), Joystick 45 $ (carmonitor.ru)
4. GPS
I have a GPS module is Globalsat BU-353. Signal captures amazingly, even indoors. The program Navikey seven road ... I was hooked by its simplicity and beautiful eye-catching design. While in Minsk leads stremnenko
Price: 30 $ (ebay)
5. The rear view camera
I is the most common chords for the camera, which is placed in a regular place of light rooms, and also has a backlight. She began well. This is probably one of the first device that I have earned. The thing is ... well, just ofigenskaya at very very pleased with her. Connected directly to Monica, so the inclusion of company is not required. Thank you ~ ~ aviatoru for auto-switching on the camera, and of assistance in other areas
Price: 20 $ (ebay)
6. Monique
Usual 9-inch Chinese and raises no objections
Price: $ 60
7. Video recording
Standard camera from Toshiba
Price: 0
8. Communication with the machine
ELM327 OBD2 bluetooth
Price: 16 (ebay)
9. Every dribs and drabs:
- Wireless mouse and keyboard. Chose the smallest and beautiful : $ 20
- Bluetooth mini keyboard, useless thing was 7 $ ebay
- USB hub to 10 ports with an active power converter 12V + -> 5c: $ 25
- USB 3G modem: $ 3 per month
- USB TV Tuner: 8 $ ebay
- The joystick. Already managed to play in Fifa 11. Excellent stuff as long as the 10 $ ebay
10. Acoustics. Everything is connected to the nominal head through AUX. Radio, sit down and all the other functions are stored in full.
11. Regular OEMs display moved to the ceiling and covered with beige alcantara. There are certainly some inconvenience ... But when you consider that it is now I need just to watch the time (hours and I already have, there has not altered) - the disadvantage is I do not feel at all.
12. The center console
Probably one of my favorite alterations associated with PCCAR, although it has no relation to my computer. By coasters not the least bit bored, until it felt no comfort in their absence. Heating is also included priests simply, without any inconvenience.
Price: $ 150
13. System
She decided to talk about at the end, that would be understandable why its use. I is a standard Windows XP. Music is Winamp, video - WMP, Internet - opera. Also there is Skype, ICQ, Office and everything that is on a standard comp. I do not use any envelope and there is a number of reasons. First and foremost - is that the shell of the company make a visual standard player. Just me it was awkward to manage shell, wh they imprisoned under tachskriin, from whom I immediately refused, TC stretch uncomfortable. Well, another reason - it is something that I absolutely do not need a shell, I easily manage the entire system when using the CH + Joystick.
14. What will happen now?
- Already ordered the head with a 10 inch monitor for my daughter, but they later
- I'm thinking about a normal TV tuner
- Maybe, I'll do a full PC, but the laptop still missing quite
- Replace the standard for video camera at a good
- Trap warning to connect to PC
Well, I can say the system is very happy. Disadvantages while it did not really see it. Did almost everything himself.
All about everything spent 384 $ on a PC + $ 150 + on the central console supplies (wires, putty, glue, etc.) $ 66 + $ 400 harmonic. All this is to be honest I was sure that he spent less  , but it still worth the money and I am very happy, I'm waiting with impatience harmonic

The following 2 users liked this post by Drull:
4dr4bangrAccord (02-28-2012), musty hustla (01-24-2012)
Old 01-24-2012, 08:13 AM
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
SWEET JEBUS! This is AMAZING. Job well done my friend, job well done! Thanks for posting this up man. Really good read and nice shots.
The following users liked this post:
Drull (01-24-2012)
Old 01-24-2012, 08:16 AM

Received 16,265 Likes on 11,974 Posts
this IS amazing.

Great work, my friend!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:18 AM
Racer

Thanks guys
Old 01-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
great write up! i've been following since you started, looks really clean.
Drull (01-24-2012)
Old 01-24-2012, 11:49 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by opboarding
great write up! i've been following since you started, looks really clean.
google translater

thnx
Old 01-24-2012, 12:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 222 Likes on 205 Posts
love the screen great job
Drull (01-24-2012)
Old 01-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Pro

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts
AMAZING

But nothing I would ever start, I´m an absolute NON Electrician.
Drull (01-24-2012)
Old 01-24-2012, 02:23 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
wow that's just great!
Drull (01-24-2012)
Old 01-24-2012, 06:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 88 Posts
looks better than great!